CDIH
I take credit - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I take credit (/showthread.php?tid=12098)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Goatweed - 10-12-2006

yeah, down your throat.

- drusilla - 10-12-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:
drusilla Wrote:save your next chinky cheat for your birthday. karaoke baby!

oh man, I hope theres retards there again so I can be present for the glory!!!

oh, don't worry, it looked like the were regulars.

- GonzoStyle - 10-12-2006

Ken'sPen Wrote:what happened?

basically what simply happened was I lost too much weight rapidly and formed over a dozen gallstones and there was a huge risk of liver infection with that many stones, so they removed it the same day.

no big deal, the big deal is the fuckin hospital bill I am stuck with now.

drusilla Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:

oh, don't worry, it looked like the were regulars.

I'm doin sinatra, for ken!

- Ken'sPen - 10-12-2006

Damn,
now I feel bad for not checking in......

sounds like there was a lot of laughs at your expense,
and I missed them all.

actually it wasnt mentioned here, beth went and spilled the beans.

- Ken'sPen - 10-12-2006

who is beth?

- virgingrrl - 10-12-2006

they removed your liver cause of fear of infection?

did i just read that right?

for ken: drusilla

for vg: yeah you read it totally wrong stupid face

they removed my gallbladder because the build up of stones could have infected my liver next, they're kinda in the same hood. Not sure what causes the stones exactly I know rapid weight loss is the cause in my case. basically it breaks down fat so I assume losing tremendous amounts of fat puts a strain on it and it just builds up cause I lost like 100 pounds the first 6 months.

- Ken'sPen - 10-12-2006

wait,
did you lose one liver?
or both,
I am really confused now.

I lost my heart but found it when you came back!

- Ken'sPen - 10-12-2006

If you promise to never change your sig pic
I will never leave again.

- Galt - 10-12-2006

I'm fortunate to have a fast metabolism. I never go to the gym anymore even though I now get home before 7.

I go out to steak at least once every couple weeks.

I am a glutton.

Ken'sPen Wrote:If you promise to never change your sig pic
I will never leave again.

It seems too easy

- Hawt Baux - 10-12-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:

That was seriously like the best experience of my life.

HAPPEEEEEEEEE DAAAAAAAAAYZZZZZZZ.

Brilliant.

- virgingrrl - 10-13-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:for ken: drusilla

for vg: yeah you read it totally wrong stupid face

they removed my gallbladder because the build up of stones could have infected my liver next, they're kinda in the same hood. Not sure what causes the stones exactly I know rapid weight loss is the cause in my case. basically it breaks down fat so I assume losing tremendous amounts of fat puts a strain on it and it just builds up cause I lost like 100 pounds the first 6 months.

i am a stupid face.

and how the fuck does one loose 100 pounds in 6 months?

- Mad - 10-13-2006

Crack.

- Goatweed - 10-13-2006

or AIDS LOL!!!

- GonzoStyle - 10-13-2006

eat 6 tiny meals a day and work out 5 days a week. But finding the propery nutrition and how to work out properly are not easy. getting the right mix of foods and knowing how to work out take a while to figure out.

I keep it to 50% carbs, 40% protein, & 10% fat. The fat I get mainly from fish oil, which has omega-3 fatty acid. Plus the main thing is to eat every 2-3 hours and eat small meals. So instead of a 16 oz steak, you have a 3 oz piece of meat.

Plus more cardio than weights when tryin to drop pounds but do cardio after lifting weights. Work 1-2 major body parts a day and only once a week, give them time to recoup. Do not overwork because then you are actually doing your body harm. So work legs and chest one day, then rest the next day, then do arms and back, etc. so work out 3 days a week with weights and do cardio everyday, cause thats what actually burns fat. But make sure you get protein in your after and before you do cardio because cardio burns fat but also burns your muscle tissue and protein is the building block of muscle.

Also when doing cardio, try High Impact Training, it worked well for me. Meaning do 2 minutes at a normal pace but obviously keeping your heart rate up, so work at say 50% effort and then do 30 seconds at a very vigorous effort, then cycle. Your cardio should be no less than 20 minutes and needs to be uninterupted. So aerobics are not actually cardio, because theres a lot of stopping and starting. Plus theres a lot of upper body work.

I do treadmill, then ski machine, then I job, one day I bike and the other day I do the step machine.

20 mins minimum but no more than 45 mins and weights should be no more than 30 mins or so. Do enough weight where you get exhausted after 8 reps. Dont do something that you can lift 12-15 times, because you're not bursting the muscle. If you wanna just tone, then do low weight and high reps. If you wanna build the muscle, then do low rep and high weight.

But muscle is pointless if its covered with fat. So I am mainly concentrating on cardio to actually lose the fat. I do the weights to prevent loose skin when I do drop the tonnage, so the muscle under the fat is developing as the fat is decreasing. But fat doesnt turn magically into muscle, you lose fat and build muscle.

As far as foods go, I eat mainly fish, egg whites and beans for protein.

for carbs, I go with low carb bread once in a while but mainly brown rice and whole grain cereals.

green veggies only, broccoli is best.

citruis fruits are the best cause they burn fat, but berries are good too. Apples not so good but ok.

Keep dairy low, but cottage cheese is high in protein and low in fat, if you get the low fat of course. And milk is great.

as for fats, go with the fish oil or flaxseed oil.

use the six food groups and you are set.

I use <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com/</a><!-- m --> to track what I am eating.

You need to burn 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound. So if you cut your calorie intake by 500 calories a day, you can lose a pound a week. If you work out and burn another 500 calories in the gym, thats 2 pounds a week. Also naturally I have a lot of fat to loose so I drop weight quicker at first, cause I dramatically cut my calorie intake, probably by 200%.

- Keyser Soze - 10-13-2006

fitday is great, it has nutritional information for most foods and if it doesnt you can add it and reuse it. its a great way to track your diet and your progress.

keep up the good work. i'm proud of you buddy.