CDIH
Tyson fight on, off, on, off, on, off.. wait.. - Watch tyson self destruct... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyson fight on, off, on, off, on, off.. wait.. - Watch tyson self destruct... (/showthread.php?tid=5328)

Pages: 1 2

- PatCooper - 02-23-2003

He broke his back but after the fight he was on his knees giving praises to his Muslim god.

- Is Don on the phone? - 02-23-2003

Quote:SHOWTIME TO BROADCAST TYSON VS. ETIENNE LIVE IN HDTV

SHOWTIME and SHO HDTV
Saturday, February 22 at 10 PM ET/PT*

SHO HDTV Utilizing High Definition to Enhance Viewer Experience for Boxing Enthusiasts
Anyone find a good bar with an HDTV setup? Wonder how it looked...

Quote:If the fight card needed any more goofiness, it came just before Tyson and Etienne entered the ring. That's when Tonya Harding made her pro debut against another novice fighter, Samantha Browning, of Mantachie, Miss.

The two women spent four rounds flailing at each other in a comical display before Browning was given a split decision over the banned former Olympic skater.

Did they show the undercard?

Edited By Is Don on the phone? on 1046018788

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-23-2003

no

- Is Don on the phone? - 02-23-2003

Id have liked to see Tonya going at it with another chick....in the ring, of course.

- Gooch - 02-23-2003

Etienne fights him physically, something he knows he can't do, gets knocked out in the 1st round, only making Tyson look better and more interest for a 2nd fight with Lewis, and gets hit hard, but looks like he's aware and awake as he first goes to get up, then seems to have the life slip out of him, and stays down.

Fix is in.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-24-2003

the way you describe it gooch it may have been a fix...I didn't see the fight but what was it :49 that's sad...I remember a skinny white boy lastin just a little bit longer a few years ago...

- Teenweek - 02-24-2003

Quote:i thought it was odd how ettienne managed to remove his mouthpiece after he had fallen to the ground.

Saw the fight this weekend. I agree this was definitely fixed. The guy was perfectly fine to take out his mouthpiece but than he went down again like he was dead.

- Hey Ladi - 02-28-2003

:disappointed: that's a shame

- GonzoStyle - 03-01-2003

why would someone fix a fight when tyson woulda beat him easily even if etiene packed his gloves with bricks?

Just like bruce seldon, frank bruno, tillis, berbick, spinks, and countless other bums. They came in hard thinking Tysons power was over rated and wanted to prove they weren't intimidated. They get tagged and they lose all focus and fear runs through them cause they realize they can't handle him or his punch, they get scared and lose all train of thought. Everytime something looks strange all of a sudden its a fix, douglas and tyson was a fix, everyone for months said tyson took a dive against holyfield, yeah cause 20 million wasn't enough.

Come on guys, the fight was sloppy, sad and ettiene never stood a chance. I dunno how many of you guys been in fights but you do weird shit when you are in fights. When jack johnson covered his eyes from the sun when he was knocked down everyone said it was fixed cause he covered his eyes. You don't have to be knocked out cold to just physically quit, thats what he did. He didn't want to fight, he knew that he couldnt win or even look good against him. He got the biggest pay day he will ever see and he wanted to go home.

Just like douglas when he fought holyfield, he didn't want it anymore.

- Gooch - 03-01-2003

you maybe right. i just found it strange that Etienne would make such a radical change in style. And the pressure of a good showing for Tyson is paramount. However, if Etienne had no respect for Tyson, he'd have done the same, and probably you are correct in your assessment. Also, his head may have gone up, then started swimming, then he had to lay back.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 03-03-2003

tyson vs. lent???

[Image: tyson.jpg]

- LyricalGomez - 03-03-2003

:crackhead:

- Goatweed - 03-03-2003

speaking of...

Quote:Lentsite.com is closed for good. The "lent" persona is now offically buried six feet deep into the ground. I'm still doing a site, but its at a different address...i'm not telling anyone what it is.

:rofl:

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 03-03-2003

what a wierdo... Rolleyes

- LyricalGomez - 03-03-2003

LENT'S BRILLIANT NEW SITE

He was asking for writers a while back on SA, that's how I got the addy

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 03-04-2003

Quote:LENT'S BRILLIANT NEW SITE

You're kidding right?

I say 15 months before he buries this online personality 6 feet under...