CDIH
Race. - What does it REALLY mean? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Race. - What does it REALLY mean? (/showthread.php?tid=7442)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Goatweed - 09-24-2003

they're great hookups for cheap smokes, too :thumbs-up:

- diceisgod - 09-24-2003

Quote:Native people and ways and cultures are very much alive

Sure sniff a tree and poke a pile of shit and an Indian can tell you what time a deer crossed the river. Big fucking deal. If that is "alive" I'd rather not be. I want a fucking beer, a steak and a blow job, Tonto. Get with it.

- Keyser Soze - 09-24-2003

DIG is so multidimensional.

- Splatterpunk - 09-24-2003

:rofl:

You've seen too many movies.

- The Jays - 09-24-2003

Quote:There are very few people left in this country that can truly call themselves american, yet white people seem to think that they are the true americans.

I don't understand this sentance. White people think they are true Americans but they're really not, and there are very few people in this country that are real Americans, and I guess you are one of those people that knows what it really means to be American, and being white is not what it means to be American? Please explain what it means to be an American.

- Kid Afrika - 09-24-2003

To really be an American, you would be of the indigenous race of this land. AKA - Native American. BKA- American Indian.

If you're white, AKA - Anglo, you're not from this land and thus are not truly American.

In reality, I'm not African-American. I'm American. Both of my parents were American.

- The Jays - 09-24-2003

So both you're parents are Native Americans? I thought you said you were black?

Edited By The Jays on 1064426891

- Galt - 09-24-2003

you realize that "native americans" also came here from somewhere too, right?

Or, just poof! God placed people on this continent?

No one is indigenous to this place. And tough shit that we kicked their asses and took their land. That's happened all through the existence of the planet. The British and Roman empires did it for thousands of years. You don't see them wringing their hands with remorse for the people they killed and kicked off the land to expand their empires

- GonzoStyle - 09-24-2003

Quote:There are literally hundred of millions of full-blood "indians" in the US and Canada.

Hundreds of millions? I think not. The american population is around 325 million or so, hundreds of millions might be taking it a bit too far. Black people make up about 12% of the american population and I think we all seen more black people than Indian in our lifetimes.

As far as race, it's as silly as religion at times. The whole "native american" thing is a little old now. Yeah they were here first or atleast were here when the settlers arrived they were already there. Who can say who was actually the first people here? The indians were persecuted, yes, but so were many other people.

Also like Galt said, the indians weren't just born out of the ground here. They also came from somewhere else, yet are considered Natives here. So by saying we complicate life is pish posh, getting overly technical about it raises the same complications.

People as a whole suck and always have and will, whether its the spaniards, the germans, the white people of america, vikings, romans, greeks whatever. Some culture, race, or religion will always think they are better than another or that another is evil and cause or inflict pain and hardships on those people.... I really don't think I need to give an example of that.

- The Jays - 09-24-2003

Aight, let's all vow to celebrate each other's existance on this Earth. If only we board members can deal with race and celebrate one another, we can teach the world to be like us. And then, we will be better than everyone else in the world.

- The Jays - 09-24-2003

Wait, when I say better than everyone else in the world, I just mean that everyone else will be inferior to us.

- The Jays - 09-24-2003

I'm sorry, when I say inferior, I just mean that we can persecute and make fun of them.

- Goatweed - 09-24-2003

I'm in - where do I sign?

- The Jays - 09-24-2003

Wait, before you sign, I made a mistake. When I say persecute and make fun of them, I actually meant kill them all.

- Goatweed - 09-24-2003

that's fine as well - gotta pen?

- crx girl - 09-24-2003

damnit gonzo beat me to it. i was going to ask splatt if she really thinks that a third of north americans are indians.

- Goatweed - 09-24-2003

I'd be afriad to ask Splat about how she thinks of anything.

- diceisgod - 09-24-2003

Actually there are about a billion indians in the world. But they all have dots on their heads and smell like cobra piss.

- GonzoStyle - 09-24-2003

Thats why to save confusion I call them dotheads.

- HedCold - 09-25-2003

lets remind galt that its a dot and not a mole