CDIH
Your tax dollars hard at work? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Your tax dollars hard at work? (/showthread.php?tid=8829)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Arpikarhu - 04-13-2004

i am going with the jack ass.....no! the ogre....no, wait!....shit!

- Goatweed - 04-13-2004

personally, I can't choose either.

- Arpikarhu - 04-13-2004

we need to get together, get drunk, and hash this all out.

- The Sleeper - 04-13-2004

besides Kid Afrika being a shrek character, I don't get what this thread is about

- Goatweed - 04-13-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:we need to get together, get drunk, and hash this all out.
mmm...Hash...

- Kid Afrika - 04-13-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:besides Kid Afrika being a shrek character, I don't get what this thread is about
Well, there's the fact that a government institution is using licensed characters on enroute postal markings. OKA - PRODUCT PLACEMENT!!!

The whole thing about me being a shrek character is pretty easy... I'm hardly and ogre, but am often called an ass. So, the ass it is.

- The Sleeper - 04-13-2004

Aren't there always licensed characters put on stamps? How is that different?

- AbeSapien - 04-13-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:Aren't there always licensed characters put on stamps? How is that different?
With Loony Toons stamps or whatnot, they are just products. With this Shrek Stamp, it almost seems like advertisements, since the second movie is coming up soon. It's not that different I suppose, but it is unsettling.

First of all, it's not a stamp like $0.37 stamp you put on a letter. It's a postmark put on by the regional handling centers.

Buying a stamp with Elvis on it is your decision. Having Shrek on anything you mail is not.

- Galt - 04-13-2004

how can one have an intelligent debate when the core of the discussion is a study that might not even exist.

You understand that you are questioned when you have previously made shit up.

If you feel you are being unfairly attacked, then it's quite simple to prevent it in the future. When you are questioned for evidence of facts (this and the stock bullshit) simply provide them.

Nobody has had a problem doing so in the past except you.

- Goatweed - 04-13-2004

I'd rather have the Donkey on my mail than Elvis.

- Arpikarhu - 04-13-2004

how dare they impinge on my freedoms by putting shrek on my mail!!!!

I'm gonna start counting arpies when I go to sleep.

- Arpikarhu - 04-13-2004

Galt Wrote:how can one have an intelligent debate when the core of the discussion is a study that might not even exist.

You understand that you are questioned when you have previously made shit up.

If you feel you are being unfairly attacked, then it's quite simple to prevent it in the future. When you are questioned for evidence of facts (this and the stock bullshit) simply provide them.

Nobody has had a problem doing so in the past except you.
what have i previously made up?
you allude to all of this stuff i lied about but i still dont know what you are talking about. the stock "bullshit" as you put it was 100% true. i made money on the imclone deal.
as to proving my earlier comment, i have explained that all of my books are packed. yet you seem too obtuse to understand that.
i dont remember the title of the actual book that i read it in,(its packed or i could tell you), but i also think its in the bibilography of al frankens last book.
feel free to look from there.
now go perform for your sycophants with someone else.

- Galt - 04-13-2004

By using facts, including when the stock was halted, when the stock was opened, the price it opened, and the stock chart of the day, I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no possible way on this earth that you were able to buy and sell that stock in the timeframe you specified and do so at a profit.

That's my argument. Filled with indisputable facts and logic.

Your logic: "Nyah nyah nyah nyah, nyah nyah, I made money on the stock and if you don't know how it's because you are dumb".

That's the difference. That's why you are not respected (among other reasons)

- Gooch - 04-13-2004

What should I do with my 100 shares of Ariba???? :29:

- Galt - 04-13-2004

keep them.

Their operating loss has improved from -$2.5B to -$600M two years ago to now only -$100M, but the stock hasn't moved since '01.

They are one of the only companies in the space where they play and they dominate.

- Arpikarhu - 04-13-2004

Galt Wrote:By using facts, including when the stock was halted, when the stock was opened, the price it opened, and the stock chart of the day, I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no possible way on this earth that you were able to buy and sell that stock in the timeframe you specified and do so at a profit.

That's my argument. Filled with indisputable facts and logic.

Your logic: "Nyah nyah nyah nyah, nyah nyah, I made money on the stock and if you don't know how it's because you are dumb".

That's the difference. That's why you are not respected (among other reasons)
you proved nothing cause you are wrong. i purchased the stock after trading had stopped and sold the next day. i made a good haul on that stock.

- Keyser Soze - 04-13-2004

who did you buy it from?

- Black Lazerus - 04-13-2004

His daddy!!!!!!