CDIH
Great thing about being at The Stadium - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Great thing about being at The Stadium (/showthread.php?tid=8913)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Goatweed - 05-07-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:i agree, but its nice to have in between innings.
that's when I usually stare at all the hot girls in Jeter (and now Arod, I assume) shirts/jerseys - or I get food.

- The Jays - 05-07-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:the one thing that shea does have over yankees stadium is that you can track every major league game at shea, they even added more information under the out of town scoreboard that highlights what is going on in games in progress, what a particular player has done in the game. at yankees stadium there is so much advertising that they only devote a small section of the wall to scores and you have to wait until it gets to the game you want to get an update on.
This is seriously the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

- Keyser Soze - 05-09-2004

i dont care about your team, i dont care about the yankees. i dont care if babe ruth took a shit in center field while bernie williams wiped his ass. i dont care if Jesus Christ hit a home run in yankees stadium. your history means nothing to me. i wasnt there when they played, i didnt care when the yankees won all those rings in the 90s. the stadium is special for you. it has special meaning for you. i could care less about it.

i was only around to experience one world championship at shea. yeah, the stadium is a dump, its way too close to an airport. but it still holds special signifigance for me. sure the yankess have a much more successful history than the mets, thats not even up for debate. but it doesnt make it any less hallowed ground for the fans who have stood by through the leanest years and enjoyed a few moments of witnessing great baseball.

so you enjoy your stadium and ill go and enjoy mine. ill be tailgating in the parking lot while you're getting your rims stolen in the bronx.

- HedCold - 05-09-2004

is the airport really that big of a deal? i kind of like it

too noisy

- HedCold - 05-09-2004

you're like those wussy tennis players

fine, i was nitpicking.

- The Jays - 05-09-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:ill be tailgating in the parking lot while you're getting your rims stolen in the bronx.
who drives to games?

only on weekends, where i usually arrive 2 hours before the game and enjoy a few beers and grill up some tasty BBQ in the parking lot.

- The Jays - 05-09-2004

alcoholic

- Goatweed - 05-09-2004

I havent driven to a game in years, there's really no reason to and with traffic on the Deegan being awful, I think PT is the faster - and more relaxing - way to go.

Plus you can drink and not have to drive.

- Keyser Soze - 05-10-2004

but tailgating is so much more fun.

- The Jays - 06-10-2004

Ok, the top story on espn.com is Danny Graves.

This is what they wrote.

Quote:He is on a pace for 73 saves, an absurdly high total that would demolish Bobby Thipgen's major league record of 57 set in 1990.

This kid has pitched 33 innings, has 26 saves, yet he has over a 3 ERA. If their gonna jerk off the kid, they really shouldn't throw in his stats, or how he might break records, and pitch over 100 innings, because there's a certain Yankee who has 25 saves, has pitched 34.5 innings, and has a 1.04 ERA, and he probably has a better shot at throwing the projected 72 saves than Graves has.

- Keyser Soze - 06-10-2004

i think everyone a little sick of hearing about mariano already.

- The Jays - 06-10-2004

These are the facts, man. If they really wanted to hype the kid, they could have said that he was at the same pace as one of the best closers in the game. Instead, they purposely hide the fact that Mariano is doing the same exact thing, perhaps because the article is written by Yankee haters like you.

- Goatweed - 06-10-2004

people might be sick of hearing about Mo, but they sure aren't sick of striking out against him.

i think everyones just sick of the yankees period.

- Goatweed - 06-10-2004

I guess, I'm a little sick of the $$ as well to be honest, but the fact remains that they generate a lot of money for themselves, as well as the other teams - through revenue sharing as well as ticket sales when they come to town. People can be sick of them, but they sure do love it when the come to their stadium to play.

its like rooting for microsoft

- Goatweed - 06-10-2004

I root for Billy Gates - I own a large amount of his stock.