CDIH
terra - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: terra (/showthread.php?tid=9506)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Goatweed - 10-18-2004

:loveya: fucko!!

- GonzoStyle - 10-18-2004

Wu-Tang comes from staten island so that's 1 good thing youse got goin there.

- Goatweed - 10-18-2004

I think Walken was born here too, but I'm not totally sure.

In the end, the dump negates any and all good things to come outta this rock.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

The dump is closed and is about be to turned into a park and wildlife reserve. Besides, it's on the whole other side of the island, only bothered me whenever I went to the mall; haven't smelt it since 2000. It's not like it's an eyesore either; what do you usually see of the dump? Bunch of trees at the bottom of a grassy hill along Richmond Avenue.

- Goatweed - 10-18-2004

it's gonna be a mutant reserve - there's no way all that shit "disappeared" in such a small amount of time.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

it didn't disappear; they're being capped. The engineering that goes into landfills is astounding, and there are documented results from similiar projects across the country. Fresh Kills is a very modern landfill, and there are really strong regulations for the design of such landfills. The garbage decomposes, there are pipes that vent gas, can even use its gas for fuel, and vegatation develops around the areas.

If the GZA moves next door to goat, I am gonna be over everyday.

- Goatweed - 10-18-2004

unless the GZA is Italian and/or mob connected, i don't think they'll be moving into my 'hood.

The GZA is the genius.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

yeah, GZA's not moving by Goat anytime soon. I'm sure there is some lil nook of Staten Island that has a bunch of rich black guys living next to each other, away from the rich white people.

and they wouldn't want seinfeld movin next door, got ya.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

Isn't the Godfather compound on Staten Island?

I dunno after vito died frankie five angels took it over.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

He was in the olive oil business with him.

That was old man genco.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

he told a congressional commission that he was in the olive oil business

Oh I thought you meant with vito, mah bad.

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2004

There are also major concerns about the future of the Great Kills landfill. Right now it serves as crime scene area. As investigators sift through the rubble of what once were the Twin Towers, residents wonder if the city will reopen the landfill to save money currently spent on hauling trash out of state.

Lawrence De Maria, Staten Island Chamber of Commerce: "The last time the city asked us to open the dump for two or four years it lasted 50 years. So this would be stake through the heart of Staten Island, economically and morally."

atleast great kills lived up to its name, whaddya want hendry the leg or the wing?

- HedCold - 10-19-2004

i thought it was the fresh kills landfill, and great kills is the name of an area on staten island