CDIH
No offense or anything.. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: No offense or anything.. (/showthread.php?tid=9510)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- The Sleeper - 10-18-2004

i've heard plenty of anti-democrat news. thier attempts and methods to get nader off the ballot are inexcusable.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Don't get me wrong.
I know neither party is full of choir boys.
I know both of them are primarily concerned with self benefit.
It's just that I hear Kerry and the Democrats accusing Bush everyday of something they're clearly "more guilty" of.

For instance:
"Bush is a fear monger"
yet the Dem's were behind the draft talk.

"Bush is going it alone"
Yet there are only 4 less country's in this war than there were in GULF War I

"Bush has pushed our allies aside"
Yet it's our "allies" who were stabbing us in the back with the Oil For Food Program.

"Bush can't build coalitions - he's lost credebility"
Yet, Kerry calls our existing coalition members the "bribed & the coerced", minimizes their contributions in the debate and sends his sister to Australia to campaign for the candidate vowing to yank Aussie troops from Iraq if elected. Essentially putting more burden on our troops.

That's building a coalition?
That's being respected by our allies?
That's supporting our troops?

Edited By Hoon on 1098110167

- Black Lazerus - 10-18-2004

So leaving out the facts in the story makes it unbiased?

I think the bias shown on CNN or Fox News is more shocking and reach a wider audience than those local papers you mentioned.

umm i think it's pretty debatable who's more guilty of what. I don't think the democrats have done anything as reprehensible as the disenfranchising of black voters that the reps did in 2000 and continue to do this year

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:So leaving out the facts in the story makes it unbiased?

I think the bias shown on CNN or Fox News is more shocking and reach a wider audience than those local papers you mentioned.
Laz,

If you're relying on a reporter whether it's in the newspaper or on television to tell you what a group is about, then that's fine.
Don't believe it.

But if you want to know the truth about ACORN, check them out yourself, man.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:umm i think it's pretty debatable who's more guilty of what. I don't think the democrats have done anything as reprehensible as the disenfranchising of black voters that the reps did in 2000 and continue to do this year
How are they "disinfranchizing" black voters?
By asking that they bring ID and be able to spell their names?

When your best argument against the stuff you do is, "hey look they are/were doing it too". You have already lost your argument.

Quote:Millions Blocked from Voting in U.S. Election

Wed Sep 22,11:37 AM ET Politics - Reuters

By Alan Elsner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Millions of U.S. citizens, including a disproportionate number of black voters, will be blocked from voting in the Nov. 2 presidential election because of legal barriers, faulty procedures or dirty tricks, according to civil rights and legal experts.

The largest category of those legally disenfranchised consists of almost 5 million former felons who have served prison sentences and been deprived of the right to vote under laws that have roots in the post-Civil War 19th century and were aimed at preventing black Americans from voting.

But millions of other votes in the 2000 presidential election were lost due to clerical and administrative errors while civil rights organizations have cataloged numerous tactics aimed at suppressing black voter turnout. Polls consistently find that black Americans overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

"There are individuals and officials who are actively trying to stop people from voting who they think will vote against their party and that nearly always means stopping black people from voting Democratic," said Mary Frances Berry, head of the U.S. Commission on Human Rights.

Vicky Beasley, a field officer for People for the American Way, listed some of the ways voters have been "discouraged" from voting.

"In elections in Baltimore in 2002 and in Georgia last year, black voters were sent fliers saying anyone who hadn't paid utility bills or had outstanding parking tickets or were behind on their rent would be arrested at polling stations. It happens in every election cycle," she said.

In a mayoral election in Philadelphia last year, people pretending to be plainclothes police officers stood outside some polling stations asking people to identify themselves. There have also been reports of mysterious people videotaping people waiting in line to vote in black neighborhoods.

Minority voters may be deterred from voting simply by election officials demanding to see drivers' licenses before handing them a ballot, according to Spencer Overton, who teaches law at George Washington University. The federal government does not require people to produce a photo identification unless they are first-time voters who registered by mail.

"African Americans are four to five times less likely than whites to have a photo ID," Overton said at a recent briefing on minority disenfranchisement.

Courtenay Strickland of the Americans Civil Liberties Union testified to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights last week that at a primary election in Florida last month, many people were wrongly turned away when they could not produce identification.

BLACKS' BALLOTS REJECTED

The commission, in a report earlier this year, said that in Florida, where President Bush (news - web sites) won a bitterly disputed election in 2000 by 537 votes, black voters had been 10 times more likely than non-black voters to have their ballots rejected and were often prevented from voting because their names were erroneously purged from registration lists.

Additionally, Florida is one of 14 states that prohibit ex-felons from voting. Seven percent of the electorate but 16 percent of black voters in that state are disenfranchised.

In other swing states, 4.6 percent of voters in Iowa, but 25 percent of blacks, were disenfranchised in 2000 as ex-felons. In Nevada, it was 4.8 percent of all voters but 17 percent of blacks; in New Mexico, 6.2 percent of all voters but 25 percent of blacks.

In total, 13 percent of all black men are disenfranchised due to a felony conviction, according to the Commission on Civil Rights.

"This has a huge effect on elections but also on black communities which see their political clout diluted. No one has yet explained to me how letting ex-felons who have served their sentences into polling booths hurts anyone," said Jessie Allen of the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University.

Penda Hair, co-director of the Advancement Project, which seeks to ensure fair multiracial elections, recently reported that registrars across the country often claimed not to have received voter registration forms or rejected them for technical reasons that could have been corrected easily before voting day if the applicant had known there was a problem.

Beasley said that many voters who had registered recently in swing states were likely to find their names would not be on the rolls when they showed up on Election Day.

"There is very widespread delay in the swing states because there have been massive registration drives among minorities and those applications are not being processed quickly enough," she said.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:When your best argument against the stuff you do is, "hey look they are/were doing it too". You have already lost your argument.
I guess we're not understanding each other.

The crux of my point is this..
Democrat and DNC sympathizers are registering the same names dozens of times, registering dead people and proof of this shows in that Democratic voter registration is up like, 200%
Those are facts.

As opposed to..

"Rep's are disinfranchizing black voters"..
I ask, how are they doing that?
I know it's easy and fashionable to make the claim.
Explaining how is quite another thing.

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2004

they're all crooks

Hoon Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:So leaving out the facts in the story makes it unbiased?

Laz,

If you're relying on a reporter whether it's in the newspaper or on television to tell you what a group is about, then that's fine.
Don't believe it.

But if you want to know the truth about ACORN, check them out yourself, man.
I didn't ask and I don't care, I am just asking you because you assumed we would know that these are "left wing" people.

Reporter:
A reporter is a person whose job is to discover information about news events and describe them for a newspaper or magazine or for radio or television.
Also a person who serves to keep track of the facts and relate them without emotion; may also be called “narrator,” “moderator,” “historian,” etc

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:
Quote:Millions Blocked from Voting in U.S. Election

Wed Sep 22,11:37 AM ET Politics - Reuters

By Alan Elsner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Millions of U.S. citizens, including a disproportionate number of black voters, will be blocked from voting in the Nov. 2 presidential election because of legal barriers, faulty procedures or dirty tricks, according to civil rights and legal experts.

The largest category of those legally disenfranchised consists of almost 5 million former felons who have served prison sentences and been deprived of the right to vote under laws that have roots in the post-Civil War 19th century and were aimed at preventing black Americans from voting.

But millions of other votes in the 2000 presidential election were lost due to clerical and administrative errors while civil rights organizations have cataloged numerous tactics aimed at suppressing black voter turnout. Polls consistently find that black Americans overwhelmingly vote for Democrats.

"There are individuals and officials who are actively trying to stop people from voting who they think will vote against their party and that nearly always means stopping black people from voting Democratic," said Mary Frances Berry, head of the U.S. Commission on Human Rights.

Vicky Beasley, a field officer for People for the American Way, listed some of the ways voters have been "discouraged" from voting.

"In elections in Baltimore in 2002 and in Georgia last year, black voters were sent fliers saying anyone who hadn't paid utility bills or had outstanding parking tickets or were behind on their rent would be arrested at polling stations. It happens in every election cycle," she said.

In a mayoral election in Philadelphia last year, people pretending to be plainclothes police officers stood outside some polling stations asking people to identify themselves. There have also been reports of mysterious people videotaping people waiting in line to vote in black neighborhoods.

Minority voters may be deterred from voting simply by election officials demanding to see drivers' licenses before handing them a ballot, according to Spencer Overton, who teaches law at George Washington University. The federal government does not require people to produce a photo identification unless they are first-time voters who registered by mail.

"African Americans are four to five times less likely than whites to have a photo ID," Overton said at a recent briefing on minority disenfranchisement.

Courtenay Strickland of the Americans Civil Liberties Union testified to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights last week that at a primary election in Florida last month, many people were wrongly turned away when they could not produce identification.

BLACKS' BALLOTS REJECTED

The commission, in a report earlier this year, said that in Florida, where President Bush (news - web sites) won a bitterly disputed election in 2000 by 537 votes, black voters had been 10 times more likely than non-black voters to have their ballots rejected and were often prevented from voting because their names were erroneously purged from registration lists.

Additionally, Florida is one of 14 states that prohibit ex-felons from voting. Seven percent of the electorate but 16 percent of black voters in that state are disenfranchised.

In other swing states, 4.6 percent of voters in Iowa, but 25 percent of blacks, were disenfranchised in 2000 as ex-felons. In Nevada, it was 4.8 percent of all voters but 17 percent of blacks; in New Mexico, 6.2 percent of all voters but 25 percent of blacks.

In total, 13 percent of all black men are disenfranchised due to a felony conviction, according to the Commission on Civil Rights.

"This has a huge effect on elections but also on black communities which see their political clout diluted. No one has yet explained to me how letting ex-felons who have served their sentences into polling booths hurts anyone," said Jessie Allen of the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University.

Penda Hair, co-director of the Advancement Project, which seeks to ensure fair multiracial elections, recently reported that registrars across the country often claimed not to have received voter registration forms or rejected them for technical reasons that could have been corrected easily before voting day if the applicant had known there was a problem.

Beasley said that many voters who had registered recently in swing states were likely to find their names would not be on the rolls when they showed up on Election Day.

"There is very widespread delay in the swing states because there have been massive registration drives among minorities and those applications are not being processed quickly enough," she said.
Sorry, I don't sympathize with ex felons.
And the fact that a large number of these black voters are ex felons doesn't constitue disinfranchisement to me.

As far as flat out ripping up ballots or the other charges, I agree.That's bullshit.. if true.

But I have to wonder about Civil Rights atty's.
I mean, the ACLU is the biggest waste of space going today.
They rely on things like this happening to make themselves valid. If there is nothing, they either make it up or attack any symbol that resembles a Holy Cross.

- Rooner - 10-18-2004

Me thinks Hoon wont mention the whole black voter thing again.

should we inform black voters that they are unqualified to vote cause hoon says most of them are ex-cons?

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

You want to talk about strongarming?
P. Diddy is threatening to kill anyone who doesn't vote!

Check THAT out! :39:

Yes i agree American Civil Liberties are things that should be abolished right away.
and i will let sleeper defend the article becuse it seems you missed the point.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:should we inform black voters that they are unqualified to vote cause hoon says most of them are ex-cons?
That's not what I said you....you,
Pompous, Arrogant, Enigmatic, Bitter
Quirky, Obtuse Misanthrope
with a Weird Sense of Humor
and an Iron Clad Memory
while flooding the board
with your Stream of Conscienceness!!!

only people that Hoon has sympathy for should be allowed to vote!

Quote:Sorry, I don't sympathize with ex felons.
And the fact that a large number of these black voters are ex felons doesn't constitue disinfranchisement to me.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:Yes i agree American Civil Liberties are things that should be abolished right away.
and i will let sleeper defend the article becuse it seems you missed the point.
That's silly.
I'm not advocating going back to the days of oppression and slavery if that's what you're asking.

I'm saying todays civil rights atty's and organizations like the ACLU have become obsolete due the to the amount of protectionary laws they've helped pass (for the good of the country) so they've resorted to frivilous, assanine, money draining bullshit in an effort to make themselves valid.