CDIH
I just cursed off an old lady - take THAT! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I just cursed off an old lady - take THAT! (/showthread.php?tid=10646)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- The Jays - 10-16-2005

Literacy rates have improved.

- GonzoStyle - 10-16-2005

That's true, the majority of society are "ditch diggers" though, they're not billionares or even making high 5 figure incomes. There are dozens of factors that decide a persons place in society which are beyond their control, you seem to believe thats it all their fault.

- Arpikarhu - 10-16-2005

it is all their fault. it is all a matter of personal responsibility. anyone who says that they couldnt succeed because someone or something held them back is someone who is looking for excuses for their own lack of will.

- Galt - 10-16-2005

If Oprah can do it, then so can others.

- The Jays - 10-16-2005

oprah built her empire on an obession with the book "the color purple"! and so can you!

- Galt - 10-16-2005

Like everything else in the world, the majority fall in the middle. Those are the margin are extraordinary. The super rich and the super not are, for the most part, there of their own doing. Sure there are some rich who inherited it, and there are some super poor are mentally or physically disabled. Other than that, you make your own lot in life. I realize that those who are in a better position than me, are better people.

- GonzoStyle - 10-16-2005

But the have nots waaaaay outnumber the haves, the majority are not in the middle but below the line, those are the majority. But you're entitled to your opinion, while I do agree that some people simply fail because of their own laziness or lack of desire but thats a minority of the minority, which is the majority.

- diceisgod - 10-16-2005

If niggers can make all that hippity hopp music and make millions, so can you!

- crx girl - 10-16-2005

i'm glad this spawned some debate. the fact is, if i'd opted to stay in the corporate world i would've been on the 83rd floor of the world trade center. it's just not for me though, i enjoy my work, i was no longer willing to go into a job that i hated doing, it was mindless. most office jobs require little to no skill. i'm good at what i do and i enjoy it. the money's not great but it's not bad either, benefits would be nice but hell i can live without em. galt would crash and burn in 2 days trying to do what i do.

- Galt - 10-16-2005

sure I would.

Trust me honey. I could do your job a thousand times before you could do mine.

- crx girl - 10-16-2005

had i chosen to go to college and study it, yeah, i could do your job.

- diceisgod - 10-16-2005

the truth about waitresses is, is that they'd rather be strippers but they're not attractive enough.

- crx girl - 10-17-2005

wow, you so have me pegged. you're a fuckin genius dig.

- diceisgod - 10-17-2005

Thanks. Now say it again.

- GonzoStyle - 10-17-2005

it's the truth.

- diceisgod - 10-18-2005

Prove me wrong. Let's see some pussy.

- Suzie - 10-18-2005

crx girl Wrote:i'm glad this spawned some debate. the fact is, if i'd opted to stay in the corporate world i would've been on the 83rd floor of the world trade center.
I too might have been at WFC had Goldman Sachs not wanted me to take a drug test.

Everything happens for a reason.

- Galt - 10-18-2005

Suzie Wrote:Everything happens for a reason.
I have an ex-girlfriend who used to say this all the time.

And it used to drive me up a fucking wall.

It's the most idiotic, simpleminded, cliche I can imagine. How anyone who is intelligent enough to write a coherrent thought can actually say this retarded statement, baffles me. I used to just convulse in anger at the complete and utter lack of reason and logic in that statement. I would honestly get angry with her and try and convice her how stupid that statement was.

You realize you are saying that God intentionally put obstacles in the way in your life full well knowing what was going to happen in 9/11 and the he specifically chose you to live. Fuck the thousands of other people who died. The mothers and fathers, and cops and firemen, and business leaders. He wanted all those people to die. That had a purpose in his grand scheme of things. But you. He wanted to keep you. The world needs you. Not any of the rest of them.

- GonzoStyle - 10-18-2005

I agree with Galt, plus I really can't stand all the "I woulda, coulda, might have been at the WTC" people. Just like the people in the days after were all telling their stories of how they were in the area just the day before or a couple days before, yeah so were a couple million other people.

- Suzie - 10-18-2005

Why does it have to be a religious statement? I didn't say "GOD MAKES evrything happen for a reason." There are cyclical, scientific forces at work constantly causing natural disaters, births deaths etc.
Plus even the most orthodox bible0thumpers believe God gives humans free will, which obviously effects their decision making.