CDIH
Ummmm... the fuck? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Ummmm... the fuck? (/showthread.php?tid=9062)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- The Sleeper - 06-12-2004

I actually would like Sir O to put his two cents in on this because he is the most convincing political poster on this board. I'd be willing to believe whatever his opinion is.

- The Jays - 06-12-2004

Quote:i am sure that all of the people he let die of aids

This implies that these people, who had AIDS, might not die if Reagan did what you wanted him to do.

At last check, AIDS has a 100 mortality rate.

But you want the president, who's been in office less than a year, to speak out immediatly about a disease which had not become an epidemic yet.

In the 80's, Arpi was putting cocaine up his nose. I was putting dirt up mine, along with riding bicycles and and playing soccer, so the conversations regarding the mood of the country and the president's job were limited.

I shall reference the movie American Psycho for my conception of how people were discussing AIDS during the 80's.

There's the scene where Patrick and others are sniffing cocaine, as was the usual, and they start discussing an article about a theory about how AIDS might be able to be spread like the common cold since death is caused by opportunistic diseases, not by the immuno-deficiency virus itself.

I would guess that this scene is a reflection of the actual mood of the country; how everyone was worried because no one knew anything about how it was transmitted. (The movie takes place in 86-87.)

Obviously, this is because Ronald Reagan didn't say anything about it. (wtf)

Sure, the argument gets made; spending money MIGHT help cure the diesease but not spending money will not help.

Let us open up our missals, and turn to this week's reading from the Book of Rock.

"The money's not in the cure. The money's in the medicine."

Why should the government want to find a cure? They want to collect money so that they can keep giving out the medicine, not give out the cure.

Brother Rock's soundbyte suggests that businesses does not want to find a cure. We have Brother Sir O to explain to us why our government won't help find a cure. I would like Brother Galt to explain how the free market would want to find the cure.

In my opinion, having a bunch of companies doing nothing but manufacturing the medicine leave it open for a small company to find the cure, which is why those larger companies would want to find the cure and maybe patent it (I'm not sure of the whole patent rules, whether medicine can be patented) before any one else. But, even if it is patented, then that basically tells the world that someone has the cure.

What is the motivation for the government to find the cure? To get re-elected? Who's gonna be elected? Another person who won't help get you a cure faster.

- The Jays - 06-12-2004

Watching CBS after the Yankee game, I hear this ad for one of tomorrow's Sunday morning shows

"The death of President Reagan re-ignites the debate on stem cell research."

These fuckers had to wait till Reagan dies to talk about this?

- GonzoStyle - 06-13-2004

Quote:At last check, AIDS has a 100 mortality rate.

Unless you have "Magic" in your name.

- The Jays - 06-13-2004

seriously, I was wondering why no one chose him in the dead pool.

- Arpikarhu - 06-13-2004

Quote:This implies that these people, who had AIDS, might not die if Reagan did what you wanted him to do.

1.if you think i meant he could have saved people who already had AIDS then you are clueless moron with the comprehension skills of a slug.
2. the fact that you have decided to enter a discussion of the country in the 1980's based on the movie american psycho proves that you are a complete ass.

please recuse yourself from any further debate.

after much thought i have come to the conclusion that galt is too intelligent to believe his argument and is therefore merely trying to bait me.he has succeeded but i now decline to give him anymore pleasure in the matter.

- The Jays - 06-13-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Quote:This implies that these people, who had AIDS, might not die if Reagan did what you wanted him to do.

1.if you think i meant he could have saved people who already had AIDS then you are clueless moron with the comprehension skills of a slug.
2. the fact that you have decided to enter a discussion of the country in the 1980's based on the movie american psycho proves that you are a complete ass.

please recuse yourself from any further debate.

after much thought i have come to the conclusion that galt is too intelligent to believe his argument and is therefore merely trying to bait me.he has succeeded but i now decline to give him anymore pleasure in the matter.
youd be better off trying to tell me why anyone on this board should try to debate with an admitted 1980's cokehead regarding how badly Ronald Reagan was fucking up this country.

- Arpikarhu - 06-13-2004

Quote:youd be better off trying to tell me why anyone on this board should try to debate with an admitted 1980's cokehead regarding how badly Ronald Reagan was fucking up this country.

1. i said i did blow not that i was a "cokehead"
2. you make jacks replies look like the insouciant utterings of oscar wilde

- Keyser Soze - 06-13-2004

Quote:stick to betraying your friends

cause i was always such great friends with suzie and vigingrrl.

- Arpikarhu - 06-14-2004

whatever helps you to justify it.......

- Keyser Soze - 06-14-2004

i dont need to justify it. you've invested far more into it emotionally than i have.

- GonzoStyle - 06-14-2004

Quote:you make jacks replies look like the insouciant utterings of oscar wilde

Quote:the fact that you have decided to enter a discussion of the country in the 1980's based on the movie american psycho proves that you are a complete ass.

I don't wanna get involved in this little spat but I must admit that the above two posts made me warm up to Arpi again.

By the by, I agree with most of what arpi said on the issue and reagans pathetic "blame the victim" stance on aids. Reagan basically believed that aids was like the measles and would eventually just go away.

I suggest the film "and the band played on", it'll open up your eyes on the issue.

- Baker - 06-14-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:
Baker Wrote:damn what the hell happened to this place in my absince?
good job, you are still a fat incoherent retard :thumbs-up:
I try not to change

- Arpikarhu - 06-14-2004

Quote:I don't wanna get involved in this little spat but I must admit that the above two posts made me warm up to Arpi again.

you needed warming up? :-(

- GonzoStyle - 06-15-2004

I was growing distant and cold towards you but you always sense it and reel me back in, it's like a sixth sense you have and explains why our love has endured oh so long.

- Arpikarhu - 06-15-2004

i am so hard right now a cat couldnt scratch it

- Keyser Soze - 06-15-2004

thats a mental picture that im going to need a hazmat team to wash away

- GonzoStyle - 06-15-2004

That is a mental picture thats gonna require my dog to lick up the cum stains off the floor again.

- Keyser Soze - 06-15-2004

ok, now that is actually hot.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 06-15-2004

drusilla Wrote:(that was for you buddy)
:25: sweeet