CDIH
No offense or anything.. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: No offense or anything.. (/showthread.php?tid=9510)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Black Lazerus - 10-18-2004

Hoon Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:Yes i agree American Civil Liberties are things that should be abolished right away.
and i will let sleeper defend the article becuse it seems you missed the point.
That's silly.
I'm not advocating going back to the days of oppression and slavery if that's what you're asking.

I'm saying todays civil rights atty's and organizations like the ACLU have become obsolete due the to the amount of protectionary laws they've helped pass (for the good of the country) so they've resorted to frivilous, assanine, money draining bullshit in an effort to make themselves valid.
Yes because racism and racist thinking doesn't exist anymore.
going by your line of thinking, we should get rid of the environmental protection agencies because they have already passed the laws of protection.

I guess they couldn't be around because they have to protect those laws that they have in place, because people don't ever try to get laws overturned or changed.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:
Hoon Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:Yes i agree American Civil Liberties are things that should be abolished right away.
That's silly.
I'm not advocating going back to the days of oppression and slavery if that's what you're asking.

I'm saying todays civil rights atty's and organizations like the ACLU have become obsolete due the to the amount of protectionary laws they've helped pass (for the good of the country) so they've resorted to frivilous, assanine, money draining bullshit in an effort to make themselves valid.
going by your line of thinking, we should get rid of the environmental protection agencies because they have already passed the laws of protection.

I guess they couldn't be around because they have to protect those laws that they have in place, because people don't ever try to get laws overturned or changed.
Racism does exist.
But that's why we have the protectionary laws put in place by organizations like the ACLU back when they were needed, when they were valid.

What do you see from the ACLU these days?
They sue California for having a cross in thei coat of arms.
They're sueing veterens for putting a memorial cross on a hill in Washington state because it "offends" non christians.

Face it, they're obsolete. They're useless.
And saying so doesn't make me racist. It makes me a realist.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:only people that Hoon has sympathy for should be allowed to vote!
Christ,
If that were the case Boston Red Sox fans would have all the say.

- GonzoStyle - 10-18-2004

I agree.

Hoon Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:
Hoon Wrote:
That's silly.

Racism does exist.
But that's why we have the protectionary laws put in place by organizations like the ACLU back when they were needed, when they were valid.

What do you see from the ACLU these days?
They sue California for having a cross in thei coat of arms.
They're sueing veterens for putting a memorial cross on a hill in Washington state because it "offends" non christians.

Face it, they're obsolete. They're useless.
And saying so doesn't make me racist. It makes me a realist.
I guess thats all they do is pick fights for stupid causes.

I guess you are correct an origination who's soul purpose is to defend and enforce the constitution, has no place in modern society.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

Quote:What do you see from the ACLU these days?

I saw them help a man from Texas to stop his son's school from testing his son for drugs.

Racism is everyones right, don't be a fuckin killjoy.

It's like all these parents medicating their fuckin kids cause they're "depressed", it's a fuckin right that they're taking away!!! Everyone deserves to be depressed and their fuckin ruining it but you ain't takin away my nigger, kike, and pollack jokes!!!

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2004

Here are a list of ACLU accomplisments recently in Texas alone.....

As of August, 2001 the ACLU of Texas:

won our protracted legal battle to secure the separation of church and state in ACLU v. Santa Fe (Texas), now the leading U.S. Supreme Court decision to keep prayer out of the schools (and off the football fields where religious conservatives drew a line in the turf).

favorably settled two cases guaranteeing the civil rights of gay and lesbian families in local school districts and another requiring a school to recognize a gay and lesbian student group in a south Texas high school;
responded to an onslaught of religious conservative pressure on local school boards by producing and promoting a statewide Banned Books Report and Banned Books readings;

won a case against a city that tried to ban books related to gay and lesbian families from the public library;
won a case at the Texas Supreme Court affirming inmates' right to practice any religion in prison, and prohibiting the administration from favoring one religion over another;

settled a case for a substantial sum that forced former Governor George W. Bush to respect citizens' right to protest on the sidewalk in front of the governor's mansion.

The ACLU of Texas was ready, promoting new laws to curb the excesses of the drug war, prevent racial profiling and racially motivated prosecutions, and to ensure that innocent people incarcerated have a chance to prove their innocence and gain freedom.

The ACLU:

drafted and helped pass the "Tulia bills" requiring additional evidence to corroborate the word of undercover drug informants and making certain police records public;

negotiated legislation that requires the collection of racial profiling data at traffic stops;
vigorously promoted the "Soccer Mom" bill, passed by both houses but vetoed by Gov. Rick Perry, that would have prohibited jailing people for non-jailable offenses except under limited circumstances;

led negotiations to ensure that all inmates-including those who signed plea agreements-will have access to DNA testing if those tests might prove their innocence and responded promptly when Harris County attempted to subvert the new law by requiring DNA "waivers" as part of plea agreements;

sponsored the Stand Down Project, which led the state legislative effort to limit application of the death penalty to the mentally retarded (passed the legislature but vetoed by Governor Rick Perry) as well as more than a dozen other death-penalty-related bills.

Our remarkable criminal justice reform work was not limited to the legislature. In the past year, ACLU of Texas:

won two Harris county cases affirming the rights of indigent defendants to appeal their case to a higher court without losing good time credits;

filed a Justice Department complaint and a civil case against Swisher County officials in the now infamous Tulia drug bust;

intervened after dozens of African Americans were arrested in Hearne, Texas based only on the uncorroborated word of an informant. ACLU's investigation resulted in the dismissal of charges against the 17 people who did not take a plea.

who the aclu? i think they would defend your right to tell racist jokes.

well, "most blacks are felons" is really not a reaching statement.

- The Sleeper - 10-18-2004

I'm pissed I still haven't gotten the sticker that's in my sig pic

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

I think "most felons are black" is a more telling statement.

Keyser Soze Wrote:Here are a list of ACLU accomplisments recently in Texas alone.....

As of August, 2001 the ACLU of Texas:

won our protracted legal battle to secure the separation of church and state in ACLU v. Santa Fe (Texas), now the leading U.S. Supreme Court decision to keep prayer out of the schools (and off the football fields where religious conservatives drew a line in the turf).

favorably settled two cases guaranteeing the civil rights of gay and lesbian families in local school districts and another requiring a school to recognize a gay and lesbian student group in a south Texas high school;
responded to an onslaught of religious conservative pressure on local school boards by producing and promoting a statewide Banned Books Report and Banned Books readings;

won a case against a city that tried to ban books related to gay and lesbian families from the public library;
won a case at the Texas Supreme Court affirming inmates' right to practice any religion in prison, and prohibiting the administration from favoring one religion over another;

settled a case for a substantial sum that forced former Governor George W. Bush to respect citizens' right to protest on the sidewalk in front of the governor's mansion.

The ACLU of Texas was ready, promoting new laws to curb the excesses of the drug war, prevent racial profiling and racially motivated prosecutions, and to ensure that innocent people incarcerated have a chance to prove their innocence and gain freedom.

The ACLU:

drafted and helped pass the "Tulia bills" requiring additional evidence to corroborate the word of undercover drug informants and making certain police records public;

negotiated legislation that requires the collection of racial profiling data at traffic stops;
vigorously promoted the "Soccer Mom" bill, passed by both houses but vetoed by Gov. Rick Perry, that would have prohibited jailing people for non-jailable offenses except under limited circumstances;

led negotiations to ensure that all inmates-including those who signed plea agreements-will have access to DNA testing if those tests might prove their innocence and responded promptly when Harris County attempted to subvert the new law by requiring DNA "waivers" as part of plea agreements;

sponsored the Stand Down Project, which led the state legislative effort to limit application of the death penalty to the mentally retarded (passed the legislature but vetoed by Governor Rick Perry) as well as more than a dozen other death-penalty-related bills.

Our remarkable criminal justice reform work was not limited to the legislature. In the past year, ACLU of Texas:

won two Harris county cases affirming the rights of indigent defendants to appeal their case to a higher court without losing good time credits;

filed a Justice Department complaint and a civil case against Swisher County officials in the now infamous Tulia drug bust;

intervened after dozens of African Americans were arrested in Hearne, Texas based only on the uncorroborated word of an informant. ACLU's investigation resulted in the dismissal of charges against the 17 people who did not take a plea.
like hoon said obsolete.

The Jays Wrote:I think "most felons are black" is a more telling statement.
touche.

- The Jays - 10-18-2004

ACLU is coming to the defense of Rush Limbaugh... whadda ya think of that, Hoon?

I'm sure the KKK's done some nice things for the community, like raise property values.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

The Jays Wrote:ACLU is coming to the defense of Rush Limbaugh... whadda ya think of that, Hoon?
You won't see me defending Limbaugh.
He fucked up, he should pay.

As far as the ACLU..
I wouldn't constitute the pledge of alliegence as "school prayer".

I always hated sayin the pledge in the morning, you're still all groggy in the morning and shit and you gotta pledge that you love america every morning like maybe you changed your mind from the previous day.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

I loved saying it.
I used to stand up straight, looked straight at the flag and took mental notes on thsoe who disrespected it so I could wage my vengence on them via dodgeball, later in the day at recess.

- Galt - 10-18-2004

zogsports.com has dodgeball leagues this winter.