CDIH
The Fall Schedule Thread - instead of new thread per network - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Fall Schedule Thread - instead of new thread per network (/showthread.php?tid=1729)

- IkeaBoy - 05-13-2002

so NBC announced it's new fall schedule (which I'm sure you're excited about) and once again aside from L&O and Conan- NOTHING!!

here it is

Monday
8 p.m. — "Fear Factor"
9 p.m. — "Third Watch"
10 p.m. — "Crossing Jordan"

Tuesday

8 p.m. — "In-Laws"- another Tuesday night comedy starring Jean Smart as a mother whose daughter and son-in-law move in. "Frasier" star Kelsey Grammer is the executive producer.
8:30 p.m. — "Just Shoot Me"
9 p.m. — "Frasier"
9:30 p.m. — "Hidden Hills"- a Tuesday night comedy about two couples that will focus on the "wild, sexy and funny" side of the suburbs. (Bob and Carol and Ted and YOU STINK!)
10 p.m. — "Dateline NBC"

Wednesday
8 p.m. — "Ed"
9 p.m. — "The West Wing"
10 p.m. — "Law and Order"

Thursday
8 p.m. — "Friends"
8:30 p.m. — "Scrubs"
9 p.m. — "Will & Grace"
9:30 p.m. — "Good Morning Miami"- The comedy about a Harvard-educated producer trying to turn around a morning show
10 p.m. — "ER"

Friday
8 p.m. — "Providence"
9 p.m. — "Dateline NBC"
10 p.m. — "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit"

Saturday
8 p.m. — "NBC Saturday Night Movie"

Sunday
7 p.m. — "Dateline NBC"
8 p.m. — "American Dreams"- Philadelphia-based show focusing on two teen-age girls who realize their dreams of becoming dancers on "American Bandstand."
9 p.m. — "Law and Order: Criminal Intent"
10 p.m. — "Boomtown"- an ensemble crime drama about Los Angeles produced by a team with the movies "Speed" and "Fried Green Tomatoes" on their resumes.

- Galt - 05-13-2002

Quote:8 p.m. — "American Dreams"- Philadelphia-based show focusing on two teen-age girls who realize their dreams of becoming dancers

Oh, why can't this be on Showtime instead.

- The Sleeper - 05-13-2002

I didn't even really look at the list, but I'm sure they all suck.

- Galt - 05-13-2002

Sleeper, they pretty much all are:

person in unfamiliar surroundings. His or her vast difference from their peers causes madcap adventures filled with ensuing zaniness and hijinks.

or

person in unfamiliar surroundings. His or her vast differences from their peers causes controversial adventures with ensuing heartfelt and gritty personal growth

- PatCooper - 05-13-2002

I was watching Entertainment tonight and they said that The Job with Denis Leary was cancelled.

- IkeaBoy - 05-14-2002

I read that too Coop but was waiting for ABC to release it's definitive fall schedule to post that. The critically acclaimed The Job is cancelled but ABC gives Daniel Stern another series while his "Danny" was cancelled after two weeks this season. NO JUSTICE!!!

WB has a Family Affair remake with Tim Curry coming and Angel is moving to Sunday. When I find a definitive WB Schedule, I'll post that as well.

- PatCooper - 05-14-2002

And i think that show Philly was also cancelled but i never once saw it. Kim Delaney starred in that. And thankfully Millionaire is gone. Hopefully for good.

- IkeaBoy - 05-14-2002

Weakest Link is also gone, at least the British Lady version, I don't know if Gay Coffee House Guy version still exists

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-14-2002

I heard that they were cancelling Ed...guess not.

I saw on E! today that they cancelled Spin City and Philly on ABC.

- IkeaBoy - 05-14-2002

And now the WB:

Monday
8:00 7th Heaven
9:00 Everwood - EVERWOOD. Hourlong about a brain surgeon who relocates his family from the city to a small town following the death of his wife, from Greg Berlanti (“Dawson’s Creek”). Treat Williams (“Deep Rising,” “Deep End of the Ocean”) stars.

Tuesday
8:00 Gilmore Girls
9:00 Smallville

Wednesday
8:00 Dawson’s Creek
9:00 Birds of Prey- BIRDS OF PREY. Action drama about a trio of female superheroes who try to keep the peace years after Batman has abandoned Gotham City, from writer Laeta Kalogridis (who did uncredited work on "Scream 3" and "Tomb Raider") and “Smallville” producers Mike Tollin and Brian Robbins. It stars Dina Meyer (“Starship Troopers,” “Secret Agent Man”) as a wheelchair-bound Batgirl/Oracle, Rachel Skarsten (“Little Men”) as a psychic Black Canary, and Ashley Scott (“Dark Angel”) as Batman and Catwoman’s daughter, The Huntress. “Princess X” reviews the pilot script here.

Thursday
8:00 Family Affair- FAMILY AFFAIR. Update of the classic sitcom about a bachelor who becomes parent to his orphaned nieces and nephew, from writer-producer Bob Young (“My Two Dads,” “Boy Meets World”). Gary Cole (“American Gothic,” “Crusade”) stars as the bachelor, Tim Curry (“Over the Top”) as butler Mr. French.
8:30 Do Over - DO OVER. Comedy about a guy who gets to go back to his 1980s childhood and alter the direction of his life, from writer-producers Rick Wiener & Kenny Schwartz (“Mad About You,” “Two Guys and a Girl”). Penn Badgley, Gigi Rice (“The John Larroquette Show”), Michael Milhoan (“Something So Right”) and Angela Goethals (“Phenom”) star.

9:00 JKX
9:30 Off Centre

Friday
8:00 What I Like About You - WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU. Family comedy from writer-producers Wil Calhoun (“Friends,” “Caroline in the City,” “Jesse”) and Dan Schneider (“The Amanda Show”). Amanda Byrnes (“The Amanda Show”) and Jennie Garth (“Beverly Hills 90210”) star.
8:30 Sabrina
9:00 Reba
9:30 Greetings From Tuscon- GREETINGS FROM TUSCON. Latino family comedy from writer-producers Peter Murrieta (“Jesse,” “Three Sisters”) and Rob LaZebnik (“The Simpsons,” “The Ellen Show”). Pablo Santos and Julio Oscar Mechoso (“High Incident,” “Rude Awakening”) star.

Sunday
7:00 Gilmore Girls ®
8:00 Charmed
9:00 Angel

- diceisgod - 05-14-2002

The best show on tv is Hardball with Chris Matthews. Everything else....poopy.

- IkeaBoy - 05-14-2002

ABC!!!

Monday
8:00 The Drew Carey Show
8:30 Whose Line Is It Anyway?
9:00 Football

Tuesday
8:00 8 Simple Rules-8 SIMPLE RULES. (8 p.m. Tuesday.) John Ritter (“Hooperman”) plays the dad in a sitcom from Tom Shadyac (“Ace Ventura,” “The Nutty Professor and Tracy Gamble (“My Two Dads,” “Home Improvement”), based on W. Bruce Cameron's book “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter.”
8:30 According To Jim
9:00 Life With Bonnie - LIFE WITH BONNIE. (9 p.m. Tuesday.) Bonnie Hunt (“The Building,” “The Bonnie Hunt Show” produces, writes (with longtime partner Don Lake) and plays a mother/talk show host.
9:30 Less Than Perfect - LESS THAN PERFECT. (9:30 p.m. Tuesday.) Saga of a temp who encounters high-level office politics when she goes perm, from Terri Minsky (“The Geena Davis Show”).
10:00 NYPD Blue

Wednesday
8:00 My Wife And Kids
8:30 The George Lopez Show
9:00 The Bachelor
10:00 Meds - MEDS. (10 p.m. Wednesday.) A pair of physicians struggle against the HMO that employs them, from cnematographer turner writer-director Gary Tieche (“Nevada”). John Hannah (who played a doctor on his two previous series, “Out of the Blue” and “McCallum”) and William Fichtner (“The Perfect Storm,” “Pearl Harbor,” “Black Hawk Down”) star.
Thursday
8:00 Dinotopia
9:00 Push, Nevada - PUSH, NEVADA (9 p.m. Thursday.) Said to be a pet reality project from Ben Affleck (“Project Greenlight”), the “interactive mystery” features clues that will lead audience members to a hidden cash prize.
10:00 Primetime

Friday
8:00 America’s Funniest Home Videos
9:00 That Was Then - A guy goes back in time to high school to change his life’s direction, from writer-producers Dan Cohn and Jeremy Miller (“Boston Public”). James Bulliard (“Leap Years”), Tyler Labine ("Dead Last"), Kiele Sanchez, Tricia O'Kelley ("Emeril") and Jeffrey Tambor (“Eveything’s Relative”) star. - hopefully this is one episod and involves a trench coat
10:00 20/20

Sunday
7:00 Wonderful World of Disney
9:00 Alias
10:00 The Practice

Edited By IkeaBoy on May 14 2002 at 6:29

- IkeaBoy - 05-16-2002

CBS

Monday
8:00 The King of Queens
8:30 Yes, Dear
9:00 Everybody Loves Raymond
9:30 Still Standing - Comedy about a plumbing supply salesman and family man, from Diane Burroughs and Joey Gutierrez (“Yes, Dear”). Mark Addy (“The Time Machine”), Jami Gertz (“Square Pegs,” “Sibs”), Judy Greer (“The Wedding Planner”), Jennifer Irwin (“Inside Schwartz”), Renee Olstead (“My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star”), Taylor Ball (“The Rookie”) and Soleil Borda.
10:00 CSI Miami - Spinoff of CBS’ top-rated drama, starring David Caruso (“NYPD Blue”), Emily Proctor (“The West Wing”), Rory Cochrane (“Hart's War”), Khandi Alexander (“The Corner”) and Adam Rodriguez (“Roswell”).

Tuesday
8:00 JAG
9:00 The Guardian
10:00 Judging Amy

Wednesday
8:00 60 Minutes II
9:00 The Amazing Race
10:00 Presidio Med - San Francisco hospital drama from “ER”/”Citizen Baines” vets John Wells and Lydia Woodward.

Thursday
8:00 Survivor
9:00 CSI
10:00 Without A Trace - This one deals with New York-based FBI agents who deal with missing persons cases.
Friday
8:00 48 Hours
9:00 Hack - Comedian Dodges Daughter, sells dryer doors on side. (Really, Actioner about a cab driver who fights crime, from screenwriter David Koepp (“Panic Room,” “Spider-Man”) and David Shore (“Family Law”). David Morse (“St. Elsewhere,” “The Green Mile”) and Andre Braugher (“Homicide,” “Gideon’s Crossing”) star. )

10:00 RHD/LA - Los Angeles-based cop drama from writer-producer Barry Schindel (“Law & Order”) and writer-director Michael Mann (“Miami Vice,” “Heat,” “Ali”).

Saturday
8:00 Touched By An Angel
9:00 The District
10:00 The Agency

Sunday
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 Bram & Alice - Comedy about a famous author, from Christopher Lloyd and Joe Keenan (“Frasier”). Alfred Molina (“Ladies Man”), Traylor Howard (“Two Guys and a Girl”) and Roger Bart (“The Insider”) star.(8 p.m. Tuesday.)
8:30 Becker
9:00 Movie

- Skitchr4u - 05-16-2002

I am glad they brought back Smallville. I will also be watching Birds of Prey, just to see if they keep to the comic...should be 3 hot chicks playing the parts. The wheelchair girl is Commish Gordon's daughter...

- IkeaBoy - 05-17-2002

FOX:

Monday
8:00 Boston Public
9:00 Girls Club- Comedy-drama focusing on the personal lives of three female lawyer roommates, from David E. Kelley with - Chyler Leigh

Tuesday
8:00 That ‘70s Show
8:30 Grounded For Life
9:00 24

Wednesday
8:00 Bernie Mac
8:30 Cedric - Sketch comedy from John Bowman and Matt Wickline (“In Living Color”) starring Cedric the Entertainer
9:00 Fast Lane - Drama about cops tyring to keep the peace on the street

Thursday
8:00 30 Seconds to Fame - “Gong Show”-like reality series featuring contestants who have 30 seconds to demonstrate a talent that could win each half-hour’s $25,000 prize.
8:30 Meet the Marks - “Candid Camera”-like rReality series featuring improvisational actors acting out on-location scenarios around unsuspecting civilians.
9:00 The Septuplets - Comedy-drama about 16-year-old septuplets living in their family’s beachside hotel,

Friday
8:00 Firefly - Sci-fi “western” about a commercial starship working the less-traveled parts of the known galaxy
9:00 John Doe - Drama, from from Brandon Camp & Mike Thompson ("Dragonfly"), about an amnesic mystery man who washes to shore and seems to know everything about everything – except who he is

Saturday
8:00 Cops
9:00 America’s Most Wanted

Sunday
7:00 Futurama
7:30 Oliver Beane - Family comedy, set in the early 1960s,
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Malcolm in the Middle
9:30 The Grubbs - Malcolmesque family comedy about a lower-middle-class family

Midseason Orders:
THE PITTS. Family comedy about the modern-day descendants of the Old Testament’s Job, from Mike Scully & Julie Thacker ("The Simpsons"). With Dylan Baker (“Murder One”) and Kellie Waymire (“Enterprise,” “Six Feet Under”) star

ANDY RICHTER CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE

- Arthur Dent - 05-17-2002

Birds of Prey has my interest, though I don't think its true to any comic.
I read the novelization of "Batman: No Man's Land". Batman DID abandon Gotham for a while, but so did 80% of it's citizens and the US government. Basicly an "Escape from NY" type situation after a plague and then an earthquake ruined the city (in previous stories). Huntress is in it, but she's not Batman and Catwoman's daughter. And of course, Batman returned eventually.

The part about Barbara Gordon being wheelchair bound is accurate and a really interesting twist to the story. They should really include cameos by Nightwing, aka the former Robin.

This will either suck majorly or be really interesting. Doubt they can do a Tim Burton Gotham City every single week. Probably end up looking like a CGI grungy LA.

- IkeaBoy - 05-17-2002

and finally UPN

Monday
8:00 The Parkers
8:30 One on One
9:00 Girlfriends
9:30 Half & Half - Comedy about two half-sisters who grew up separately but get to know each other as neighbors in a San Francisco.

Tuesday
8:00 Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9:00 Haunted - Drama about a private eye who can see dead people – and the dead people who help him solve crimes. Matthew Fox (“Party of Five”) stars.

Wednesday
8:00 Enterprise
DEAR CHRIST NO!!!!9:00 The Twilight Zone - Despite an earlier failed revival on CBS in 1985, UPN brings back the sci-fi anthology series, this time with writer-producer Pen Densham (Showtime’s 1995 “Outer Limits” revival). Forest Whitaker (“Panic Room”) hosts.

Thursday
8:00 WWE Smackdown

Friday
8:00 Movie

- IkeaBoy - 05-19-2002

[Image: tvlisting.jpg]

- Hybrid - 05-19-2002

Quote:9:30 Half & Half - Comedy about two half-sisters who grew up separately but get to know each other as neighbors in a San Francisco.
sister sister?

- The Sleeper - 05-19-2002

Quote:DEAR CHRIST NO!!!!9:00 The Twilight Zone - Despite an earlier failed revival on CBS in 1985, UPN brings back the sci-fi anthology series, this time with writer-producer Pen Densham (Showtime’s 1995 “Outer Limits” revival). Forest Whitaker (“Panic Room”) hosts.
That's just fucked up.