CDIH
People you see everyday - But never talk to. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: People you see everyday - But never talk to. (/showthread.php?tid=3136)

Pages: 1 2

- Arthur Dent - 08-12-2002

You know the people I' talking about. The people you see every day on the train, in the elevator of your building, at the laundromat on the same day every week.

You've seen them for years and recognise them on sight anywhere.

Ever think about talking to any of them? After so many years of just seeing them, would it be extra weird to try to start a conversation and introduce yourself?

- Hybrid - 08-12-2002

nope. never.

- GonzoStyle - 08-12-2002

I know this is off the topic but I always hated this.

Say you are in school, workplace, or a party whatever. You see one person whom you know but do not talk to. You give them the head nod "what's up" and move on. Then you pass by them again later on and they insist on saying hello again, isn't once enough? Sleeper used to do that to me at bar 9 every single time.

- Hybrid - 08-12-2002

sleeper is uber cool. just having him notice you're alive is a plus in my book.

Hybie, what an empty existence you lead. Ikea laughs at you :lol:

- Arthur Dent - 08-12-2002

Ever run into somebody in a supermarket, and they look familiar and your worried it's an old friend you forgot or something. And you go to talk to them and then realize it's someone who takes the same train as you every day, but you've never spoken to them before.

- Sloatsburgh - 08-12-2002

What, like my wife?

:rofl:

sloats finally found the funney

- Keyser Soze - 08-12-2002

im buying sloats a beer for that one.

- Kid Afrika - 08-12-2002

I don't take a train, so no. But, I say hello to my neighbors when I see them.

The uncomfortable thing to me is passing people from other departments in the office. I usually extend the raised eyebrow, but rarely speak.

- The Sleeper - 08-12-2002

Quote:Then you pass by them again later on and they insist on saying hello again, isn't once enough? Sleeper used to do that to me at bar 9 every single time.
:-( I was just exhibiting Common Courtesy. Next time I'll pretend you don't exist.

Your goatee won't let you do that sleepy head.

what is that blank space between my posts?

Your conscience

it's "mothafuckin conscience" Dr. DreStyle

I am writing a parody of that song as we speak. :thumbs-up:

- Skitchr4u - 08-13-2002

i don't tend to talk to them, but do give them the nod and whats up...

but i have a dilema...i moved into my apt about 6 months ago, and the girl next door looks like someone who i went to high school with...but i can't remeber her name, or even be sure its her...i have waited all this time and haven't breached the subject about it...have i waited too long or should i just ask if i know her from somewhere?

- DGW - 08-13-2002

KidA said
Quote:I don't take a train
Okay......people you see on the bus

- Ken'sPen - 08-13-2002

I pass this mentally challenged cleaner who sweeps an overpass every day, he seems to enjoy waving at cars as they go by.....

I give him the "Love Boat Isaac" as I drive by,
he seems to really enjoy that one.

It makes Gooch Giggle too....
[Image: TMP13.JPG]

Edited By Ken'sPen on Aug. 13 2002 at 12:15

- IrishAlkey - 08-13-2002

Quote:I am writing a parody of that song as we speak.

I can't wait!