CDIH
Fun foods - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Fun foods (/showthread.php?tid=3356)

Pages: 1 2

- Hey Ladi - 08-29-2002

What food did you used to play with as a kid?

I always like mashed potatoes & gravy. Makeing the volcano & eating the walls away, but still maintaining the pool in the middle.

:wgaf: ( I just need an excuse to use this )

In a sort of related topic... do you eat everything of one food at a time, or mix everything up as you go?

I mix, and people who do it the other way weird me out. I'm not sure why, it just seems silly to do it that way. I'd get bored I guess.

- Arthur Dent - 08-29-2002

I like to take the creamed corn and mix it in with the mashed potatos.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 08-29-2002

I used to squish peas, and I still have a HORRIBLE habit of playing with my food.

I sometimes mix, sometimes eat seperate...it all depends what I'm eating. I love green beans mixed with mashed potatos, but I don't really like certain other foods touching one another.

- Sweet Angel - 08-29-2002

Corn mixed in with mashed potatoes is yummy. Gravy mixed in with stuffing is yummy too.

- Hey Ladi - 08-29-2002

When you get something put in front of you, do you ever have to turn the plate so everything is on the "correct" side?

I like the meat on the bottom closest to me, and the rest of the side dishes at the top of the plate.

- Kid Afrika - 08-29-2002

I sometimes eat way too methodically. For instance,

I always eat my fries first because burgers stay warm longer and cold fries taste like shit.

I never drink while I'm eating unless the food is very dry. The sweetness of a soda kills the flavor of the food.

Quote:When you get something put in front of you, do you ever have to turn the plate so everything is on the "correct" side?
Yup, I do that too.

- Sloatsburgh - 08-29-2002

:Insert obvious comment about a tomato:

I eat one food at a time, always starting out with the steak because if I get full, it's better that I left the broccoli behind.

- DGW - 08-29-2002

i keep my corn seperate from my potatoes
no mixing allowed
buncha rhubs!

Mashed potatoes are fun when you're a kid and have missing teeth. You can pretend like you're the Playdoh Fuzzy Pumper Barber Shop and squirt them out through the spaces.

I like unrolling cinnamin buns as I eat 'em.

- Doc - 08-29-2002

Quote:I eat one food at a time

They say that people who always eat one food at a time are borderline obsessive-compulsive.

Freak

I always thought corn-on-the-cob was a fun food. It's more of an experience than a food product. You have to really get into it to eat it. Butter dripping down your chin, , bits of corn on your face, little things stuck between your teeth, if that's not heaven, I don't know what is. :bouncer:

Quote:Butter dripping down your chin, , bits of corn on your face, little things stuck between your teeth, if that's not heaven, I don't know what is.

I've heard women describe something else the same way. :lol:

Ever take vanilla and chocolate in the same bowl, and mix them together into a brown paste once they get soft?

- Hey Ladi - 08-29-2002

I like to smooth oatmeal out, eat some & smooth it out again.
I dig the watermellon seeds out with my finger before I take a bite.
When I eat pie, sometimes I break off the crust & put it on the same forkfull as the front of the pie, so it is equally crunchy & gushy.

- kindred - 08-29-2002

You food mixers are grossing me out!!! My food can't touch each other and heaven forbid if my corn/peas even touch my mashed potatoes. For the longest time, I never had gravy on my mashed potatoes or turkey because I don't like my food combined with anything else.

And I always eat my broccoli first, because cold broccoli is just gross.

- Maynard - 08-29-2002

I eat whatever looks yummiest at the time.

And no, I've never played with my food.

Anybody remember the scene form the movie "Toys" where Ice-T talks about the little walls in dishes to keep the food seperated?

- Maynard - 08-29-2002

"I like me a military meal."

Hahahaha, thats one of my favorite scenes from a movie!

- Doc - 08-29-2002

You liked "Toys"?

Damn, no wonder your wife left you

- Demon1579 - 08-29-2002

Quote:where Ice-T talks about the little walls in dishes to keep the food seperated
That wasn't Ice-T it was LL Cool-J.