CDIH
SARS - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: SARS (/showthread.php?tid=5956)

- GonzoStyle - 04-04-2003

Has anyone been hearing about this disease, Severe Acute Respitory Syndrome I believe is the acronym for this bad boy. It's origin is in asia, mainly china. There have been a few hundred deaths already and over 2,000 reported cases since febuary, several dozen have already made it over here and some in canada as well.

It's a flu-like syndrome that kills, is this god forbid another AIDS epidemic, or hopefully unlike aids they are containing it from the start. This is some scary shit, how filthy the world has gotten.

I was hoping CNN would explain it more but they were more worried how this disease was affecting things money wise, everything is the stock market and money with these people today and not human life. They are more worried that this is affecting travel to fuckin china then the fact that this shit is killing people.

They didnt even explain how it is spread, just showed a bunch of gooks walking around the airport in masks.

- Hybrid - 04-04-2003

we need to start putting them in camps immediately

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-04-2003

Quote:is this god forbid another AIDS epidemic
Does that mean Alkey already has it?

- Buttmunch - 04-04-2003

Don't touch it.

This is gook stuff Sal.

very mild, not even a sting.

- Jack - 04-04-2003

I have been keeping an eye on it. There have been 3 deaths in Canada now related to this shit. Its just a matter of time before states that border Canada start to report cases.

- Buttmunch - 04-04-2003

I blame Sephiroth.

- The Jays - 04-04-2003

... has anyone survived SARS?

- King Imp - 04-04-2003

This may sound conspiracy theory like, but I don't believe the "experts" when they say it's just a regular bug. It's too convenient and too much of a coincidence that this just happened to pop up right around the time we were planning on attacking Iraq.

I say it's another attack like the Anthrax scare, only this time it's actually working.

- Buttmunch - 04-04-2003

Oh, Snap, now I'll have to change the name of my rocket shit from Space Age Research Sexrocket.

- crx girl - 04-04-2003

there's been several cases in the states, but no deaths i think so far. either from better medical care or better general health to begin with, people here have been recovering. it's airborne, that's why they quarentined the flight to california because someone on the plane had symptoms. which are flu/pneumonia like.

- Gooch - 04-04-2003

800 got it, 34 dead out of them in China, I beleive. So it's not a killer virus persay...just not good. Works my hemmoraging...like Ebola (without the 9 out of 10 people dead factor and the affecting blood)...but affects the lungs. Very very flu-like. Also, it's airborne, thus the breathing masks you see. Reason they are freaked is that it moves fast, and eventually it will mutate and be more resistant. However, this is no instaneous death or anything. What Is sobering is the guy who discovered it, died of it.

Edited By Gooch on 1049428253

This sounds wonderful, I feel safe now.

- Sweet Angel - 04-04-2003

I read an article the other day that likened SARS to a variation of the common cold. It said that they've been able to identify it and have had some success with a certain drug (rivirin or something, I can't remember) in treating it. As CRX said, it's airborne, but they don't know if it can also survive on hard surfaces, i.e., tabletops, doorknobs, etc.

- Metalfan - 04-04-2003

There was a reported case in Westchester county this week. A 71-year old starting showing symptoms, was admitted to the hospital and is said to be recovering nicely. BTW, this person did just return home from a trip to China.