CDIH
Blame Canada... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Blame Canada... (/showthread.php?tid=7147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- GonzoStyle - 08-16-2003

Canada was blaming usfor the blackout, Pataki was blaming Canada.

I wonder if Bush will blame korea or Iran and call for an invasion.

- Sir O - 08-16-2003

Or blame putting power in the hands of criminals

- Galt - 08-16-2003

you read too much. Watch more music videos

- Sir O - 08-16-2003

I'm not speaking out against private ownership of energy facilities...

I'm just speaking out against the owners

Because they are criminals...corporate thieves

I'd rather have private ownership by law-abiding citizens.

- Galt - 08-16-2003

no such thing in the public's eye.

When someone starts a company, they are good because they have balls.

When the company has a great product and begins to grow as a small entreprenuerial venture, they are great create jobs.

When the company continues to grow, improve the product, become more efficient they are evil corporate fat cats because they try and maximize profits.

I know that personally at the start of the blackout when no one knew what was goin on, I immediately thought it was a terrorist attack. Maybe it's cause we've been conditioned to simply think the worst. But even though now that we know it was not a terrorist act.

Doesn't it raise the question of what the fuck is tom ridge and homeland security doing? What is our own goverment doing to protect us? No one had a fuckin clue on what to do and no one seemed prepared. No one knew how to get people out, no one knew how to return the power swiftly, everyone seemed lost.

Bloomberg is on TV telling people to drink water and that this is a bad thing, thanks for the heads up. I didn't expect it to take 30 minutes but not a 24 hour period. It was probably a thought for some terroists to maybe knock out our electrical systems but they probably thought as many americans did that after 9/11 our goverment would have taken steps to protect this from ever happening.

Now they see that our goverment has done nothing but install a color coded chart on "predicting" terrorist attacks, you'd have had better luck with a magic 8-ball.

It made us look weak and should make people question where the priorities of our president and elected officials lie. Spending countless billions on wars that have not done anything but complicate our position in the world, yet we have an antiquated power grid that crippled us due to a friggin power surge.

- PatCooper - 08-16-2003

I was watching dateline last night and they had a "terrorist expert" on saying that terrorists have trained and planned for an attack on our power grids.Making it look like a accidental disater and then once the power was out too attack bridges and tunnels etc.
My first reaction wasn't an attack though. I figured it was a brownout and the power would come back in few hours. But once i heard it was more than just new york had no power i started to wonder.

Well what kinda had me worried was a very loud alarm that was going off during the blackout in my neighborhood where I work. It honestly sounded like an air raid siren, so that was what mostly had me worried.

But this should really be a huge wake up call for the people and the goverment. It shouldn't just be brushed aside as " a great day for america" cause americans were calm in the face of adversity. It should be viewed as a great day for the american people for keeping up their part cause we thought our goverment had our best interests at heart and had plans for such an event. So we kept up our part, while the goverment hasn't done much of much.

- PatCooper - 08-16-2003

Quote:Well what kinda had me worried was a very loud alarm that was going off during the blackout in my neighborhood where I work. It honestly sounded like an air raid siren, so that was what mostly had me worried.

That was the alarm at the local sporting goods store were all the niggers were looting from.

actually there wasn't much looting surprisingly.

but how was the alarm working with no electricity? It turned out to be an alarm in someones apartment. But the apartment was a fuckin one room shack above a pizzeria, I doubt their alarms are that sophisticated.

The only looting around here was at the Modell's, Rite-Aid and some other family owned shops but nothing huge.

- fbd - 08-16-2003

i want to loot :-(

- QuickStop - 08-16-2003

yeah i really wanted to loot best buy and gamestop, but i was too lazy

You have no clue how tempted I was to walk out with a bunch of DVD's from work but then the fuckin store manager showed up.

I had my eye on the box sets, especially the band of brothers set.

- HedCold - 08-16-2003

Quote:no one knew how to return the power swiftly,

they didn't return the power swiftly simply because they couldn't. the power had to come back down and it was just a matter of waiting
now, staten island does have it's own generator plant and even though con ed doesn't own it anymore, if it was known it was going to be a big problem i assume they could have used it to get power back here, or even to make power to send to more important places. it just wasn't necessary because they knew the problem was fixed up north so it just had to slowly make its way back down

- PatCooper - 08-16-2003

There was one case of looting here on the island. And yes it was a sporting goods store. The paper says they took 110K in merchandise. Mostly NBA jerseys and Timberlands, FUBU etc.

The funniest thing about this story is the owner of the story is west african and his name is AMADOU DIALLO. Black on black crime is such a bitch.

Edited By PatCooper on 1061072246

- Bland - 08-16-2003

poo poo

- Goatweed - 08-16-2003

PatCooper Wrote:There was one case of looting here on the island. And yes it was a sporting goods store. The paper says they took 110K in merchandise. Mostly NBA jerseys and Timberlands, FUBU etc.

The funniest thing about this story is the owner of the story is west african and his name is AMADOU DIALLO. Black on black crime is such a bitch.
What store? Was it the Modell's in New Dorp? I hate that fuckin' store :fuckoff:

- HedCold - 08-16-2003

i really don't understand all this talk about upgrading the power grids and how we have "third world power grids" and all that stuff. what can they do, upgrade the wires that connect each state? it was a freak occurance where all the stars aligned and everything went wrong at once. if this is going to happen once every 20 - 30 years where we have one day of no power, is that really this big of a concern? its being blown totally out of proportion because of all these other fears. its not everyday that there is going to be a failure in one place that takes out the whole northeast. failures happen all the time, even in nyc, but you just don't realize it because of all the backup plans new york has.
apparently now they're saying the problem started in ohio. if this turns out to be true, i gaurantee that if the same thing happened in manhattan no one would even know about it. hell, i bet the same thing happens in manhattan at least once (if not more) a summer

Edited By HedCold on 1061076408

- The Jays - 08-17-2003

...aha, I now I see.

Guys, we must make sure that no matter what, that the stars stay OUT OF ALIGNMENT. All the bad and freaky deaky shit always happens when the fucking stars align. Is this not what the Star Wars projects are about?????????

- HedCold - 08-17-2003

yes i meant it literally