CDIH
I hate New York - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I hate New York (/showthread.php?tid=8273)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 01-15-2004

I just walked 40 minutes in the snow.

This feeds into my thesis that cabs should be like 3-5x more expensive when it snows or rains.

There's no reason for more cabs to come to the city when the weather is bad because they hate driving in bad weather too, and they get no more money.

But the cheap people who won't take a cab when it's nice out, then flood the market with buyers during bad weather, the supply dries up and I CAN'T GET A FUCKING CAB AND I HAVE TO WALK TO WORK 40 MINUTES IN THE SNOW AND COLD AND WIND IN MY FUCKING SUIT AND DRESS SHOES AND GET FROSTBIT AND WET SOCKS BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE SUBWAY STATIONS ARE!!!!!!

ARGHHHHH

- Zootybang - 01-15-2004

I shall use the image you put in my head to keep me warm while i sit around and do nothing but drink beer and watch dvd's all day. Thank you.

- Galt - 01-15-2004

No problem, fatso.

Glad I could help.

- Zootybang - 01-15-2004

You're just bitter because you have a job and get a paycheck and stuff.

- Kid Afrika - 01-15-2004

I think it's funny that this is considered "bad weather". It's winter in the northeast. Snow is par for the course. Get fucking used to it already.

And Zooty, FUCK YOU for staying home today. Oh and have an extra beer for me.

- Keyser Soze - 01-15-2004

Maybe you should look into a subway map. Where are you coming from and going to? I might be able to suggest a train for you.

- Gooch - 01-15-2004

subways don't go crosstown, nor is the east-side well-covered in galt's defense.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 01-15-2004

Quote:I just walked 40 minutes in the snow.

This feeds into my thesis that cabs should be like 3-5x more expensive when it snows or rains.

There's no reason for more cabs to come to the city when the weather is bad because they hate driving in bad weather too, and they get no more money.

But the cheap people who won't take a cab when it's nice out, then flood the market with buyers during bad weather, the supply dries up and I CAN'T GET A FUCKING CAB AND I HAVE TO WALK TO WORK 40 MINUTES IN THE SNOW AND COLD AND WIND IN MY FUCKING SUIT AND DRESS SHOES AND GET FROSTBIT AND WET SOCKS BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE SUBWAY STATIONS ARE!!!!!!

ARGHHHHH
Jays would have made it sound better and more entertaining. You should let him handle your posts that excede 100 words.

- QuickStop - 01-15-2004

SNOW DAY! :banana:

- Keyser Soze - 01-15-2004

crosstown shuttle. S train.

- Galt - 01-15-2004

I'm on 44th & 3rd going to 54th & 6th.

I didn't feel like walking south to get to Grand Central. I also take a cab every morning and had no need to bother with the subway until this morning when it was impossible to get a cab. Even in pouring rain, I have been able to get a cab in the morning.

- Buttmunch - 01-15-2004

Don't worry.

This snow thing is a freak occurrence.

I can't happen again.

It wouldn't dare.

- GonzoStyle - 01-15-2004

People pay good money to play with snow and you are complaining?

- IrishAlkey - 01-15-2004

It snows in Boston.

Shut up.

- Galt - 01-15-2004

I had a car in Boston. I didn't have to walk 40 minutes to work, fucker.

- IrishAlkey - 01-15-2004

Buy a car.

Shut up.

- diceisgod - 01-15-2004

I cannot imagine having to live without a car and have to ride in a taxi with a smelly dothead or cram into a train like a jew headed for Auswitz.

- The Sleeper - 01-15-2004

I had to walk 2 blocks to get a sandwich yesterday, it was brutal.

- HedCold - 01-15-2004

what kind of sandwich?

- The Sleeper - 01-15-2004

chicken salad. it was good.