CDIH
the people I work with are stupid and lazy - and they probably don't like me. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: the people I work with are stupid and lazy - and they probably don't like me. (/showthread.php?tid=9442)

- Galt - 10-04-2004

I went on vacation for a week, I gave a list of things to my manager that I needed done while I was away.

Please make sure that Person X calls client Y
Please make sure to call whoever to set up a lunch with management, blah blah blah.
Please make sure to send me an email if a certain thing happens.
There was a list of like 10 things

They didn't do a single one of them. Not one. I've got three clients ripshit now.

"ooops, sorry."
"Yeah, we dropped the ball; don't worry, we're working on that system"

- The Sleeper - 10-04-2004

how was your vacation?

- diceisgod - 10-04-2004

You just got this job not even a year ago and you're taking a vacation? Lazy bastard.

- The Sleeper - 10-04-2004

I am taking one soon too and I've only worked for 5 months

- Mad - 10-04-2004

Galt did you at least get AIDS in PR?

- Galt - 10-04-2004

I didn't go to PR. I went to Bermuda. It was blah. It was with my entire family, and it was on a cruise ship with a bunch of 60 year olds. One week cruise; two evacatuations due to heart attacks (codename: Starfish on deck 11). True story.
Yes, I took a vacation less than 6 months after starting this job.
And I'm taking a two week trip to Africa in April
And I will be taking a couple Friday's off to go to Amsterdam and skiing in Utah

- Mad - 10-04-2004

AFrica, going to feed the poor with Sally Suthers or are you starting up the slave trade?

- Danked - 10-04-2004

Galt Wrote:And I will be taking a couple Friday's off to go to Amsterdam
Look out for the frite stand on Damrak near Central Station. You'll have to negotaite through the horde of junkies trying to sell you heroin or steal your wallet, but the fries are worth it.

Go to either the Van Gogh museum or the Rijksmuseum, but you'll need a whole day to see even half of what they have at the Rijks.

Great breakfast followed by great pot at Barneys on Haarlemmerstraat.

- diceisgod - 10-04-2004

YOU are the problem at your company.

- HedCold - 10-04-2004

bermuda is cool, i like it there
sucks everything is so expensive though

- Mad - 10-04-2004

Sounds like your co-workers hate you and want you to get fired. I bet they liked the nose picker better and bitched when he got shit canned.

- Ronin - 10-04-2004

you haven't worked there a year and you are already bossing people around??

- Gooch - 10-04-2004

even David Spade ordered people around on Just Shoot Me

- Galt - 10-04-2004

the nose picker was my old job.

and yes, I have underlings.

- diceisgod - 10-04-2004

I almost killed myself in Bermuda on a moped.

- Galt - 10-04-2004

I have road rash on my right shoulder and left leg from the moped. Luckily, it was only in the parking lot as I was learning how to drive the thing and I had a helmet on, but I couldn't get the fucking accelerator to stop, so I had one hand on the break, while the moped lurched toward the traffic, finally I pulled it to the left, and crashed it.

Ruining my short-term modelling career in the process

- diceisgod - 10-04-2004

I was drunk and it was about 4 am. Racing with my friends during my senior week trip (it was a cruise). I had the thing maxed out (probably about 35 mph) going into a 120 degree turn. I knew that turn was there because we passed it on the way before but I completely forgot about it when we went back that way. Hit a concrete embankment about four feet high (behind that was about a 50 foot drop). I just braced myself and slammed into it. The moped and my arm dragged across the top of it. Blood was flowing out of my ring finger like a fountain (it is still malformed to this day, my finger nail has a permanent ridge on it, it's freaky). My forearm was completely scrapped. I was a bloody mess. The moped was wrecked but surprisingly it started back up again. I hopped back on it and drove back to the boat nearly passed out on the way back becasue of all the blood I was losing. But I got there and got stitched up, made up a bullshit story. Starting screaming at my doctor when he kept asking me how many drinks I had. Kept telling him none and causing a ruckus (I was shit-faced). Woke up the next evening and went to the bar. Good times. I was going to buy one of those "I survived the moped" shirts for shits and giggles but didn't.