CDIH
No offense or anything.. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: No offense or anything.. (/showthread.php?tid=9510)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

But I am convinced that liberals would drink a cup of piss if it were labeled, "anti-Bush"

Democrat and DNC sympathizers are regisering dead folk in swing states, sending out memo's directing people to pre-emptivly complain about voter fraud against the Rep's and even complaining about Nader exercising his right to run for office.

Just seems alittle hypocritical to me.

- Galt - 10-18-2004

cite your sources.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Shit!
I'm not used to that.
Be right back.

- Wormface - 10-18-2004

[Image: Baa%20Baa%20Black%20Sheep%20Have%20you%20any%20wool.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

- Galt - 10-18-2004

were you not to cite your sources, then anyone could just pull an Arpi and make wild claims and accusations which are totally bogus.

This "registering dead folk" is something that I think would get significant airplay as a news story if it had any shred of truth to it. The other two things are pretty obvious.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Officials: Man Dead For 20 Years Registers To Vote Sparks Inqiury

Officials: Man Dead For 20 Years Registers To Vote
More Than 800 Voter Registration Cards Being Investigated
September 23, 2004

AKRON, Ohio -- The state of Ohio is stepping in to investigate possible voter fraud in Summit County. And the Lake County prosecutor is also looking into fraud there.

(ACORN) a highly outspoken anti-Bush organization registering same names numerous times.

Colorado to tackle voter-fraud fears

By Valerie Richardson
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

DENVER — Colorado lawmakers yesterday sought to ease concerns about the integrity of the state election process, despite growing accusations of fraud amid an overwhelming flood of new voter registrations.
Republican Gov. Bill Owens said yesterday, "I am extremely concerned about the widespread allegations of serious and sustained criminal activity surrounding voter registration in Colorado."
Earlier yesterday, he told local television station KUSA-TV, the local NBC affiliate, "Clearly, there were some people trying to cheat the system."
A number of the voter-registration groups tilt politically to the left, such as the Colorado Progressive Coalition and the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), which describes itself as "community organization of low- and moderate-income families" that works closely with labor unions.
Jim Fleischmann, ACORN Western regional director, said he was cooperating with Denver authorities to track down several hundred fraudulent applications collected by the organization, but he downplayed the severity of the problem.
"Registration fraud is different than voter fraud. Just because you register someone 35 times doesn't mean they get to vote 35 times. They can only vote once," he said. "The local press is having a feeding frenzy on this."
Betty Ann Habig, a Centennial council member who has been volunteering in the busy Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder's office, says she is seeing a partisan tilt to the new registrants, coming from about 20 groups, in her county — a traditional Republican stronghold.
"I'm seeing very few Republicans," she said. "It's almost a 50/50 split so far between Democratic and unaffiliated voters.
"Is there a concerted effort to perpetuate fraud? No," she said. "But you have to remember, these folks are getting paid by the piece."

Edited By Hoon on 1098107544

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

I just find it hilarious that Kerry and others aren't ashamed to make all these unsubstantiated accusations against the Republicans without a shred of proof (proof many liberal media outlets such as the NYT, The Boston Globe and Newsweek spent a year and a pile of $ trying to prove after the 2000 election but came up with nothing)

Meanwhile, case after case of "leftist voter registration" is ignored by those who supposedly just want everything to be fair.

- Rooner - 10-18-2004

All politicians do this shit. Theyre all criminals. Which is why Im running for office.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

You wouldn't have much of a chance what with your relations with Governer McGreevy.

- Black Lazerus - 10-18-2004

Where in the first story says that they are democratic sympathizers?

Quote:"Registration fraud is different than voter fraud. Just because you register someone 35 times doesn't mean they get to vote 35 times. They can only vote once,"

- Rooner - 10-18-2004

ILL BE THE FIRST GAY EX CONVICT GOVERNOR!!!

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:Where in the first story says that they are democratic sympathizers?

Quote:"Registration fraud is different than voter fraud. Just because you register someone 35 times doesn't mean they get to vote 35 times. They can only vote once,"
It's common knowledge, Laz.
Check them out..
It's like an article that mentions moveon.org without mentioning their clear political agenda.

That is the essence of posting a truly non biased article.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Rooner Wrote:ILL BE THE FIRST GAY EX CONVICT GOVERNOR!!!
I'll vote for you if you make me head of homeland security for Jersey, even though I'm a New Yorker.

- Black Lazerus - 10-18-2004

Hoon Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:Where in the first story says that they are democratic sympathizers?

Check them out..
It's like an article that mentions moveon.org without mentioning their clear political agenda.

It was also common knowledge that the world was flat or that the sun revolved around the earth. Things being common knowledge never has made them the truth.

- The Sleeper - 10-18-2004

both sides are fucked and if you think otherwise, you probably are on one of the sides

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:
Hoon Wrote:

Check them out..

It was also common knowledge that the world was flat or that the sun revolved around the earth. Things being common knowledge never has made them the truth.
All you can do is look inot them, Laz.
That's what I did.

Take my moveon.org example for instance.
Do you need some reporter to tell you what they're all about to understand them?
And further, if a news article DID make a point to highlight their political leanings, wouldn't that be easier to identify the reporter as having a bias instead of just reporting the facts?

- The Sleeper - 10-18-2004

post the article about an RNC funded group ripping up nevada registrations from democrats, ya know, to be fair and balanced

- Galt - 10-18-2004

you figure that they'd mention what party the people were attempting to register.

- Hoon - 10-18-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:post the article about an RNC funded group ripping up nevada registrations from democrats, ya know, to be fair and balanced
I think there is a fair amount of anti-Republican publicity regarding voter fraud, already.
I was just trying to balance it out is all.

- Rooner - 10-18-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:both sides are fucked and if you think otherwise, you probably are on one of the sides
Sleeper wins.