YourMomsBox!
A Monday Thought.... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A Monday Thought.... (/showthread.php?tid=3025)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

A Monday Thought.... - GreasyItalianPrincess - 04-13-2004

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: <b>Cousin!!!!!</b> :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

A Monday Thought.... - diceisgod - 04-13-2004

HOMO!

A Monday Thought.... - GMANN - 04-13-2004

Quote:Originally posted by diceisgod
It's funny how those who are \"out of the loop\" in the family are always \"lonely\" or are \"sad\" . Maybe it's the dark ignorance and presuppositions of the family that drives them away. Maybe they don't care to listen to the self serving mentality of others and could care less for the tribal bonds and religious stupidity other people, regardless of their direct lineage, buy into. Maybe they pick up on the judging eyes and disapproving demeanor of people at the family picnic and say, \"you know what, fuck these people\". It's always seems to be the family member who likes to rub their shit in your face when things go wrong. They think because you're blood they have license to shit on you and you have an obligation to tolerate it.

Ive said it before...I'll say it again....DIG rules.

Its pretty much exactly what you just said which always makes me skip out on the "family" dinners and holiday gatherings.

GIP...Dude....my condolences on your loss.

A Monday Thought.... - Rooner - 04-13-2004

If I didnt have children, Id be a hermit somewhere in Wyoming. Its not that a dont like my family. I just like to be alone.

A Monday Thought.... - header - 04-13-2004

While I love my family, I cherish my time being alone. Whether it's the hour I spend in the car round trip to and from work everyday or this past week I've spent a couple nights at my old house finishing up cleaning and packing whatever is left to bring to the new apartment, those are times that I have been alone and it was quiet and relaxing.

It's keeping it all balanced that's key.

A Monday Thought.... - Topper Harley - 04-13-2004

Quote:Mood: hb's puppet

you stinkin bastich

A Monday Thought.... - GreasyItalianPrincess - 04-13-2004

The question is not being an individual and rebel and marching to the beat of one's own drummer....it's being so much that inclined so that it can be a negative. Our whole family, including TheDude and I cast from the same mold...we shirk family/tradition/rules/etc by nature. But, I think some of the men on my Dad's side take it to the Nth degree, and I don't want to end up like them....so stuck in their ways and stubborn at times.

A Monday Thought.... - header - 04-13-2004

Is there one member of your family that is very gung ho about family tradition and keeps things in line? My grandmother died last year and at the subsequent thanksgiving christmas and easter the family dinners have felt like no one really wanted to be there and we were just there because it was like our job. My grandmother was the person that molded this whole family together.

She was old school curmudgeony borderline hermit in her later years. And honestly she hated coming to these family functions. YOu could tell. She was just tired and ready to go. I think it's a natural progression for some people to just feel like they are at the end of their road and draw the shades lock the doors and lay in bed all day avoiding the outside world as much as possible. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard my grandmother say she wants to die in the last 5 years of her life I'd be rich. I miss her but I'm glad she didn't have to wait any longer. Her not being present at family functions now really takes the whole nostalgic feel out of it all but I guess that's a natural progression.

This has been a rambling message brought to you by header.

A Monday Thought.... - Rooner - 04-13-2004

Quote:Originally posted by header
Is there one member of your family that is very gung ho about family tradition and keeps things in line? My grandmother died last year and at the subsequent thanksgiving christmas and easter the family dinners have felt like no one really wanted to be there and we were just there because it was like our job. My grandmother was the person that molded this whole family together.

She was old school curmudgeony borderline hermit in her later years. And honestly she hated coming to these family functions. YOu could tell. She was just tired and ready to go. I think it's a natural progression for some people to just feel like they are at the end of their road and draw the shades lock the doors and lay in bed all day avoiding the outside world as much as possible. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard my grandmother say she wants to die in the last 5 years of her life I'd be rich. I miss her but I'm glad she didn't have to wait any longer. Her not being present at family functions now really takes the whole nostalgic feel out of it all but I guess that's a natural progression.

This has been a rambling message brought to you by header.

[Image: pod.jpg]

....yeah Topper, I found a whole room of these at 60s house when I went looking for header.........

A Monday Thought.... - Topper Harley - 04-13-2004

*waves fist