YourMomsBox!
A Monday Thought.... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A Monday Thought.... (/showthread.php?tid=3025)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

A Monday Thought.... - header - 04-13-2004

Poppy cock!

60's long posts consist of several sentences with long breaks in between them. On the other hand, my long winded stammering messages are more packed with useless filler and in a pseudo paragraph form. Get it right!

[strike]**by the way, now that we've all posted in a row we will be holed again for sure.[/strike]

A Monday Thought.... - Topper Harley - 04-13-2004

don't point it out for them

*ahem, back on topic.

My grandfather just died about 10 days ago and I didn't realize how much I didn't know about him until he died. Mostly the stuff from WWII I didn't know about. He was one of the few survivors of the battle of the bulge. Out of 250 people in his platoon (or whatever) only 12 people survived. He also served in Eisenhower's office before finishing his tour of duty. He ended up meeting my grandmother, who was a german citizen, and taking her back to the US and eventually marrying her (she wanted nothing to do with germany because of the holocaust).

as kids we were never allowed to talk about the war to either of my grandparents because it was so traumatic for them. Looking back, i just wish i could have spent at least one afternoon listening to old war stories.

A Monday Thought.... - Black Lazerus - 04-13-2004

Header had the white version of "soul food".

A Monday Thought.... - Rooner - 04-13-2004

I challenge ANY of them to hole me. Epecially Alkey. Mmmmm, yeah, hole me Patrick.
[Image: lick.JPG]

A Monday Thought.... - header - 04-13-2004

^see edit: Bush Administration style.

A Monday Thought.... - Keyser Soze - 04-13-2004

I dont think it was your uncles fault so much as maybe how the rest of the family made him feel uncomfortable. Maybe they didnt even realize they were doing it. Families have a tendency to be overbearing or not understanding of individuals outside of the normal family interactions. Some people just can't stand the whole idea of family get togethers and the pressures of them.

I can sympathize with you thinking he may have pushed them too far away to the point that he missed out on time he could have spent with your and your bro. My condolences.

A Monday Thought.... - GreasyItalianPrincess - 04-13-2004

Actually..that side of the family is quite the same. Nobody really was ringleader on traditions...well maybe my great-grandparents. My Great-grandfather was patriarch of my Dad's side of the family, and both uncles tended to come around and stay at their house (the house of the money tree). He was a very Sopranoesque character without the mafia connecton, or the penchant for violence..but very tough, brusque, and larger-than-life personality, with a wife that cooked big meals for everyone. When he passed away, or more when he moved to Florida, and got very ill for his last 2 years, it broke up that connection and everyone kind of broke away...Jack off to San Diego, Leo to NYC...and that era of meals, tradition, and interaction ended in upstate NY. After that...Jack had only been seen by the family maybe once or twice. There was no pressure on Jack. No real ringleaders of tradition...just the gravity of what keep him connected to everyone ceased when my great-grandfather passed away. My father's side of the family is not known for get-togethers or be much for much interaction for the most part, as a whole.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

A Monday Thought.... - Keyser Soze - 04-13-2004

what about the shaving and lederhosen?

dammit, i guess i lifted that from a bad site.