CDIH
The looming transit strike - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The looming transit strike (/showthread.php?tid=10905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- The Jays - 12-14-2005

you should sue the union

- lush - 12-14-2005

My mother works for Transit. She's fucking pissed. The mayor wants to fine them each 100k, that's fucking ridiculous.
All they want is an 8% raise each year for the next 3 years. Believe me, this city can afford it.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 12-14-2005

too bad the teachers union doesn't command the same power as the transit workers. They're far more underpaid for their position.

- lush - 12-14-2005

The teachers are? You've got to be kidding me!
On a daily basis, you deal with the scum of the earth riding in your bus while dodging fucking crazy drivers and pedestrians who cross in 20 ton bus. Then you have the customers complain that you are 2 minutes late.
Oh and late at night, you are threatened by the drunks that want to kill you. Sounds fun and easy, sign me up.

- drusilla - 12-14-2005

it only affects me cause danielle was supposed to go to canada with me for a week in january, the same week that her finals will be rescheduled for if there is a strike

- drusilla - 12-14-2005

& cause i like her mom too

- Danked - 12-14-2005

I'll go, but I don't put out on the first date, so don't get any ideas!

- lush - 12-14-2005

drusilla Wrote:& cause i like her mom too

She likes you better than me too

- Danked - 12-14-2005

Unless you're up for it, in which case, I totally do!

- Mad - 12-15-2005

No way will Bloomy give 8%, maybe 3.5 or 4 tops.

He hates every city worker without their noses up his ass. What a fucktard.

- lush - 12-15-2005

They probably will settle for 4%

- The Jays - 12-15-2005

this would have never happened during the days of vanderbilt!

- Mad - 12-15-2005

The bus drivers should have some sort of protection from the fucking savages. Maybe a bulletproof enclosure with a panic button and flashing light on top to alert the cops that the animals are acting up.

- lush - 12-15-2005

They kind of do. There are magic hidden buttons around the drivers seat. I know where they alll are on 2 types of buses. It's insider info but you are right that they should be in booth's or something.

- TheGMANN - 12-15-2005

Bus Marshals

- GonzoStyle - 12-15-2005

lush Wrote:The teachers are? You've got to be kidding me!
On a daily basis, you deal with the scum of the earth riding in your bus while dodging fucking crazy drivers and pedestrians who cross in 20 ton bus. Then you have the customers complain that you are 2 minutes late.
Oh and late at night, you are threatened by the drunks that want to kill you. Sounds fun and easy, sign me up.

yeah dealing with small children and teenagers, while trying to teach them things is much easier.

- Mad - 12-15-2005

The teachers are going out if transit walks. The fucks already only have to 'work' 181 days a year.

- fbd - 12-15-2005

its not like any kids have ever killed teachers or anything

and besides...kids can teach themselves everything. teachers are useless

- TheGMANN - 12-15-2005

Don't argue with Lush's logic.

How dare you ?

- GonzoStyle - 12-15-2005

fbd Wrote:its not like any kids have ever killed teachers or anything

and besides...kids can teach themselves everything. teachers are useless

MIP!