CDIH
A thread for magus! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A thread for magus! (/showthread.php?tid=1624)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Luna - 05-06-2002

They have D&D computer games? :clueless:
damn....I used to play the regular board-type game......

My...my.....how things have changed.....

- fbd - 05-06-2002

HAD, not have.the newest one is over 5 years old...the ones i have are al-quadim:the genie's curse, ultimate adventures, darksun 1&2, stronghold, dungeon hack, and a few others i cant think of now

- IkeaBoy - 05-06-2002

I am proud to say I've never played D&D in my life.

- Maynard - 05-06-2002

Quote:I am proud to say I've never played D&D in my life.
You lie like a fucking rug. I saw your picture on their website as one of the playtesters for new modules. Confusedneak:

- Lord Magus - 05-06-2002

Quote:HAD, not have.the newest one is over 5 years old...the ones i have are al-quadim:the genie's curse, ultimate adventures, darksun 1&2, stronghold, dungeon hack, and a few others i cant think of now

Actually, try more like 1 year.
Baldur's gate II and Icewind Dale are both 2000-2001 games, and the Baldur's gate 2 expansion only came out last year as did Ruins of Myth Drannor.

Quote:I am proud to say I've never played D&D in my life.
Why? If you've never played how can you make an informed judgement as to wether it's a lame game or not? I say you're just letting peer-pressure influence you.

- HedCold - 05-06-2002

Quote:I say you're just letting peer-pressure influence you.
thats like saying because you never tried gay sex how can you know you don't like it.

- Maynard - 05-06-2002

Quote:thats like saying because you never tried gay sex how can you know you don't like it.
You would know.

Quote:thats like saying because you never tried gay sex how can you know you don't like it.
I know because I have issues with frikkin' RECTAL THERMOMETERS, ok!!
If I have problems with THAT, there ain't NO WAY IN hell I'm going to be comfortable with gay sex.
Besides, sex is an expression of desire and attraction, I'm only attracted to women and my right hand. No guys.

- fbd - 05-06-2002

Quote:Actually, try more like 1 year.
Baldur's gate II and Icewind Dale are both 2000-2001 games, and the Baldur's gate 2 expansion only came out last year as did Ruins of Myth Drannor.
i stand corrected.i'm just more acquainted with the old games...i had no idea baldur's gate was d&d

Yep, it's really a good game too. The Bioware Engine they developed is perfect for computer D&D.

- fbd - 05-06-2002

i've been looking for an new game...i might pick it up when my regualr computer is working again.one quick question, though...is it a game where you make your own character like most d&d games, or is it like the typical console rpg where the characrters are pre-made?

- Maynard - 05-06-2002

There are some games that have pre-made characters and some where you make your own. Skip Baldurs gate. Go for Baldur's Gate II or the Icewind Dale series. I think each has two or three expansions for them now.

- Lord Magus - 05-07-2002

Actually, with the exception of the one set in Planescape, they all have you generate the MAIN charactre (ie: you) from scratch, you can than either: a: import a multiplayer party you made on your own, or B: Pick and choose additional party members as you encounter them in game.
If you want story-rich play, I suggest the entire Baldur's gate set. I didn't play through 1 myself, but 2 is a straight continuation of the story, in which you can import your characters from 1 or start from scratch. Baldur's Gate II has one expansion, Throne of Bhaal... i finished the base game and have been working on the Throne of Bhaal expansion for a while now between other games.

- fbd - 05-07-2002

hmmm...baldur's gate 2 seems nice.time for me to do some personal research and buy it

btw, maynard(since i know you'll read this), the smilies all on one line squeezes them a tad bit too much, if you havent already noticed

- Luna - 05-07-2002

Holy moly...am I the only one around here that played with just the books and dice and an imagination? well...ok maybe a couple of joints, too.

- The Sleeper - 05-07-2002

[arpi]you are all geeks.nerds[/arpi]

- IkeaBoy - 05-07-2002

Quote:[arpi]you are all geeks.nerds[/arpi]
You left out [arpi] *Sigh* Leave me alone as I read my Satre and forget that I know you horrible, uninformed peons[/arpi]

- Galt - 05-07-2002

YOU ALL PLAY DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS

- Lord Magus - 05-07-2002

Luna, I have been playing classic RPG (ie: Dice, penciol, paper, and imagination) for 20 years.
I am, in fact, currently assistant storytelling a vampire RPG online. Instead of talking we type, but other than that it's the same as if we all were sitting around a table, random dice-rolling (program) and all.
I just like not having to write out a good story myself or scramble to find people to play with every now and then, that's when the PC and other system games come in.

- Maynard - 05-07-2002

No Luna, I play with dice too. But I also play the video games a little.