CDIH
Greatest athlete ever - Choose one. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Greatest athlete ever - Choose one. (/showthread.php?tid=3837)

Pages: 1 2 3

- PeterDragon - 10-19-2002

when I was in cooperstown, I saw the Cobb play.
Interesting. besides his great accomplishments on the field, the guy made millions. As was said in the play, how could you play in Detroit in the 20's and not invest in Ford? Of course he also had a fucked up life - supposedly seeing his mother kill his father, etc.

Another player who revolutionized his sport - Wilt Chamberlain. The guy could do whatever he wanted on the court (except shoot foul shots). Just think - he AVERAGED 50.1 pts one season, averaged 22.9 rebounds for his career. And of course there was the women..... :bouncer:

- GonzoStyle - 10-19-2002

Quote:I noticed you didn't mention one female in the poll...

Please....

Jackie Robinson was a good ball player but not extraordinary in anyway, whatsoever. Willie Mays, mantle, all those people were exceptional players but not "great".

Gretzky on the other hand, the argument can be made, I just won't make it. All you gotta know is how many records the man shares and owns and that speaks for itself.

- Gooch - 10-19-2002

i mentioned the Cobb quote for a reason. best hitter, ever. fuck the splinter. and one mean-ass son of a bitch. better than Ruth, better than most, and unmatched still (Babe has ben matched)

I completely agree with Gonzo on Ali too.

Gretzky is great, but he was missing the physical game. But, his offense is unmatched. But as an all-around athlete??? No.

I agree with gooch :loveya:

With gretzky the argument can be made but I said I wouldn't make it and for that reason, while what he was amazing and his skill was uncanny he doesn't quite reach "great".

Williams was also an amazing player, as was mays, gehrig, foxx, mantle, and on and on.

But Cobb was not just one of the greatest if not the greatest but also the first, it all stemmed from him.

I remember that quote gooch, from the car ride with stump when cobb was recording commentary, lol.

- The Sleeper - 10-19-2002

Quote:I noticed you didn't mention one female in the poll...
hahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaah

and yes Cobb did own, if he wasn't such a horrible person, he's be worsipped as a hero on par with ruth, williams, mays, etc.

- Arpikarhu - 10-19-2002

pele is the greatest. the pool of talent for soccer is massively larger than any other sport. for him to stand out in that sport and be a prolific scorer in a sport that is low scoring shows he is the greatest.
2 billion people play soccer, for him to be the greatest in the sport shows how fucking dominant a sportsman he is. not even a contest.

- Kim - 10-19-2002

Who is the greatest FEMALE athlete of all time??

- onehung - 10-19-2002

Quote:Who is the greatest FEMALE athlete of all time??
Nina hartly

- PollyannaFlower46 - 10-19-2002

I say Babe Ruth as well...and not only because he was a Yankee...

Kim,
I don't think its possible to name the greatest female athlete just yet...women have not been playing professional sports for that long, and to name someone who is around now the best, seems kinda silly.

- onehung - 10-19-2002

Quote:I don't think its possible to name the greatest female athlete just yet..

Tap tap tap , hello,,,I just named her. Please try to pay attention.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 10-19-2002

Quote:Tap tap tap , hello,,,I just named her. Please try to pay attention.

Suck my butt :-)

- PatCooper - 10-19-2002

Jackie Joyner-Kersee is most likely too date.
But i like Julie Krone.

- Galt - 10-19-2002

Babe Didrickson.

Look it up.

The end.

Edited By Galt on 1035046882

I'd agree with the above two.

Putting Jackie Joyner-Kersee above Babe Didrikson Zaharias.

- Kim - 10-19-2002

Galt are you always so snippy? Don't you have some soiled linen to wash?

- onehung - 10-19-2002

Kersee was a heroin addict and babe didriwhateverthe Hell her name is was a man. Nina wins !

Read the forum rules, anal is not a sport.

- onehung - 10-19-2002

Don't argue with me on this one jew. Do you think babe could bang for 20 years straight ? I for/am one doubt it. that in itself proves Nina was the best athlete Ever.

Anal is not a sport!!!!

- onehung - 10-19-2002

Quote:Anal is not a sport!!!!

sport smort...Were typing athleticism here. She was a finely tuned machine that could go for days even weeks without taking a break.

Nina wins