CDIH
Baseball approacheth - Who will win it all? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Baseball approacheth - Who will win it all? (/showthread.php?tid=406)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 02-14-2002

Once again, Cluster F trying to steal my thunder and ride my coat tails to a stupid custom status

Quote:Cluster F Posted on Feb. 13 2002, 12: 09
i am confident that the Mets will get the job done, and play the Boston Red Sox in the World Series, and defeat them in 6.

Quote:Galt Posted: Feb. 11 2002, 8:50
Sox, Mets in world Series. Mets win yet again.

Edited By Galt on Feb. 14 2002 at 4:55

- Galt - 03-27-2002

OK, my thoughts have changed since the beginning of February, and here are my final picks for baseball this year.

AL E: Yankees
AL C: White Sox
AL W: A's
WildCard: Red Sox

Indians offense slows down dramatically. Thome has no one to hit behind him, and their pitching is just as bad as it usually is. The Marinners will take a major dive (20+ games) since everyone on the team had a career year last year. The A's are another example of Bill Simmon's Ewing Theory, and won't miss a beat after losing Isringhausen, Giambi, and Damon. They will win the most competitive league top-to-bottom league in baseball with Texas and Anaheim greatly improving. After 4 major injuries last year, the healthy Red Sox breeze through the cushy Orioles/DBacks/Blue Jays part of the schedule and win over 90 games.

NLE: Mets
NLC: Cardinals
NLW: Giants
Wildcard: Astros

The Braves pitching isn't as good as people think, the Mets is better. The Cardinals are stacked, especially in starting pitching. What small holes may exist in their offense, they can address in July by trading away a very good starter to get a big outfield bat and move Pujols back to 3B. I love the Cubs this year, and think Wood will be immense, as well as the Alou addition will make Sosa and McGriff have even bigger years as well. Houston's young pitching staff could falter, they might not get what everyone expects from Hidalgo or Ward, Berkman hit like shit in the second half. Biggio and Bagwell are a year older, and Bagwell's coming back from shoulder surgery. But they have Jimy Williams, and no matter what problems arose in Boston, he just always somehow found a way to outdo expectations. So Houston gets the wildcard, even if I think that Chicago should win it.

Red Sox over Yankees (yeah, that's right fuck you) A's over White Sox
A's over Red Sox

Mets over Houston Cardinals over Giants
Cardinals over Mets

Cardinals over A's

AL MVP: Nomar
AL Cy: Mussina
AL Roy: Nick Johnson (I just read he may bat 2nd)
bust: John Burkett, CC Sabathia, Clemens, Boone, Sierra, Thome
breakout: Lowe, Christian Guzman, Chavez, Tony Clark, Tyner, Matt Anderson, Mike Sweeny

NL MVP: Sosa
NL Cy: Wood
NL Roy: Burroughs (only because Beckett gets hurt)
bust: Alfonzo, Wade Miller, John Smoltz, Aurillia
breakout: Iztursis, Adrian Beltre, Jose Ortiz, Preston Wilson, Geoff Jenkins (and Gonzo dropped him!!?), Fred McGriff

- HedCold - 03-27-2002

Quote:AL MVP: Nomar
he'll be injured by the middle of june.

- Galt - 03-27-2002

HedCold Wrote:
Quote:AL MVP: Nomar
he'll be injured by the middle of june.
you apparantly haven't been watching spring training. He feels no pain in his wrist, and he's crushing the ball

I understand saying that Pedro, or Larry Walker, or JD Drew will be injured by June since those guys are perennially hurt. They're just brittle and they get hurt every year with different nagging injuries. Nomar's been hurt once. It just lingered until he had it surgerated on.

Nomar had that one injury that lingered since the playoffs in 99. He was hit in the wrist during against Cleveland and that split his tendon. With that sore wrist, what did he do? hit .370 the next year. He had minor surgery over a year ago. Kris Benson had major reconstructive shoulder surgery in May, and he's almost back. Matt Morris and Kerry Wood had major surgery and they came back fine the next year.

Nomar will be fucking huge this year. Now that his wrist is healed, he'll get his power back. .350, 35 homers.

And I just realized this is an Arpikarhu thread. So, here's one thread that doesn't suck ass. The exception that proves the rule.

- HedCold - 03-27-2002

i know he'll put up huge numbers if he plays, he proved he could do that, injury or not.
and no i haven't been watching spring training.

- Galt - 03-27-2002

HedCold Wrote:and no i haven't been watching spring training.
MLB spring training stats

- criticslovesnatch - 03-27-2002

hopefully the yankees can come back and win it all again

going to opening day yankees vs. orioles at camden yards next week :bouncer:

The NL i like the cardinals, they seem to be primed to win this year.

can't wait for it to start, should be great :lol:

- shotgirl - 03-29-2002

Quote:Mets beat the Yanks in a classic 7 game series.
keep dreaming :lol:

Quote:going to opening day yankees vs. orioles at camden yards next week
I am so jealous! lucky bastard!

- Austin - 03-29-2002

Still gotta go with the Yankees. They got a great pitching staff and some good bats. Lets hope they can stay healthy.

- NaughtyAngel - 03-29-2002

i miss tino

- Galt - 07-09-2002

Quote:The Mets pitching staff is going to be better than any of you dreamed. Astacio will have a better year than Chan Ho Park

- The Sleeper - 07-09-2002

I would just like to state that I was the one who voted for the expos.

- Keyser Soze - 07-09-2002

And I said the Twins would win the Central.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-09-2002

Yeah Keyser I think they're going to make the playoffs in another year or 30.