CDIH
WW3? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: WW3? (/showthread.php?tid=5314)

Pages: 1 2 3

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 02-17-2003

I wasn't saying God willed it to happen...I was saying that it happened for a reason and God will use it however he sees fit. He didn't fly the plane, a man with free will did it. God didn't violate his will. But I feel that God would use the events to the furthering of his plan for the world.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-17-2003

If God is good and he brings you comfort, how could you see the deaths of so many people as being Gods way of using something for his greater plan? Even if when all of this is over, there is "world peace" do you really find that comforting considering how many people died?

- Is Don on the phone? - 02-17-2003

What I find fascinating is that in the late 20th Century, the two superpowers, working unilaterally and with the support of a "puppet" government unpopular with it's governed, got their asses handed to them by a group of dedicated, armed insurgents, supported by the other superpower. We need to keep the coalition together, and I think we can get Germany and Russia to fall in line. Screw the French, they'll do whatever they can to keep selling Saadam crap, but I might find myself suprised.

World War 3? Highly unlikely. Continued terror attacks and a stepped up assault by Iraqi agents in the west? Probably. North Korea making LA a memory? It could happen, but I think Seoul or Tokyo would go first. Would we retaliate with nukes? Maybe, but only on a tactical scale, we wouldn't wipe the north from the planet, but we would nuke the only ones with food and fuel, that being the armed forces.

Funny how all the "free Tibet" folks have abandoned that cause for the "Save<s>Ferris</s> Saadam" bandwagon. Even the anarchists love the moustachioed fool.

- GonzoStyle - 02-17-2003

So what's to stop god from not interfering with the free will of saddam or some other madman detonating nuclear weapons and ending civilization? How was the holocaust apart of gods great plan? Where was god during pol pots great plans?

- Jack - 02-17-2003

World Peace is something that will never exhist on any front or possibility. There is nothing that suggests that this is even remotely possible.

This war is not going to be good for us. Too many people are behind Iraq for this to have a favorable outcome. No matter what bullshit we are being fed by our so called President of the people, in my opinion this is a war to gain control of the oil and really nothing else.

If they had really wanted to get rid of Saddam, or Bin Laden, they would have done so. By doing it this way, they avoid the political turmoil that they would face later on for assasinating either of the above said morons. This is just the legal way to oust both of them and take over the oil supply.

I found this graphic on the net and it reflects my sediments exactly:

[Image: iraq.gif]

- The Sleeper - 02-17-2003

Quote:Where was god during pol pots great plans?
his great plan was for all the hot gooks to die so he can mack them in heaven, durrr

- HedCold - 02-17-2003

anyone else think that so far these weapons of mass destruction have been a good thing? the cold war could have been so much uglier if there wasn't the threat of nukes. we could have been sending missiles back and fourth at each other. if it wasn't for the fear of the end of the world we'd probably constantly be at war.
of course, all it takes is one extremely looney world leader to change all this, but it hasn't happened yet and whose to say it will. its a tool used to scare the world. as soon as a country gets nukes they have to be viewed as a threat, and forces us to listen to what they have to say and take into consideration the things they need. god forbid the us is forced to listen to other countries needs.

i'm not saying iraq or north korea is right in this, and i'm also not saying that i'm not scared nothing really bad is going to happen, but if everyone thought the way certain people did why don't we just kill ourselves now and get it over with.

- Kid Afrika - 02-17-2003

Everyone brushing up on their Arabic?

J/K, but imagine if everyone banded together to fight back against the evil tyranny that is democracy and the American way?

Sorry, but I think it's sickening that we force our ways on other countries. Just because they have a different government to ours doesn't mean that we are right.

I'm not saying that the terrorists that attacked the US were in the right. I'm just saying that other countries might not agree with what we are about to do.

- GonzoStyle - 02-17-2003

I agree with afrika on the USA's past involvments in wars. Like the cold war and vietnam, communism is not a part of the US ideals but why should we have pushed democracy on countries that didn't believe in it? So our arrogance in the past has given us the big bully reputation, which we are very guilty of. I just don't want this to turn into another gulf war where we do the job half way and then leave it again.

I don't think Duba will do this thing half way. He's intent on removing Sadam totally. One of my main problems with this whole thing is that if Daddy had done it right the first time, and Billy hadn't cut back on intelligence, 9/11 might not have happened and we wouldn't be dealing with Sadam for the second time.

- Mystery Man - 02-17-2003

if they ever caught bin laden, would they give him a trial? you think they would execute him, or in fear of reprecussions give him life with no parole?

I think life with no parole.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-17-2003

I think that he'd be executed by who ever found him, and then there would be a cover up to it to prevent it from looking like an execution.

- Teenweek - 02-17-2003

If this war is about oil, why are France and Germany so against it. Why because they have sweet oil deals with Iraq and are worried we will find lots of weapons France and Germany have supplied Iraq with. And Bush wanted to drill in Alaska but the tree hugging liberals won't let him. I don't want another 9/11 in this country. The longer we wait the more behind the 8 ball we will be with these countries, from North Korea, to Iraq, Iran, etc. We will be on the defensive and not the offensive. They will threaten us in every way from money to oil, to sanctions, to terrorist threats. We need to take take care of this now. And hope our government knows what the fuck they are doing.

- Noellevious - 02-17-2003

If there is ANY country we should be at war with, it's Saudi Arabia.

15 out of 19 September 11th hijackers were Saudi, not to mention their innumerable human rights violations, the hundreds of Saudi men who kidnap their children who are American citizens and keep them virtual prisoners....

Our government won't do anything about it because despite being such a world power, they're still pussy whipped for oil.

I'd move, but I think this is still the best place to be.... Rolleyes

- Is Don on the phone? - 02-17-2003

Quote:Our government won't do anything about it because despite being such a world power, they're still pussy whipped for oil.

The real reason is more complicated than just oil. The House of Fahd is hanging by a string, with the fundamentalist movement (the folks who supported and paid for those 15 hijackers) encouraging the underground movement to depose the King. We support him because we're of the opinion that democracy is fine, but we'll settle for tyrany as long as they tow the line for us.

And most of the oil that Saudi produces ends up in Europe or Japan, so in order to support our friends (and Germany/France) we keep it safe - go figure.

- Skitchr4u - 02-18-2003

Quote:we will find lots of weapons France and Germany have supplied Iraq with.
you mean we would find the weapons that we gave them as well as france and germany right? remember whose side we were on when iran/iraq was going on

- GonzoStyle - 02-18-2003

When saddam was our bestest buddy, kinda reminds you of Noriega from pal to public enemy #1.

- Skitchr4u - 02-18-2003

thats exactly my point gonzo...as long as it is in our best interests, we don't mind what you do to your people...but as soon as someone else is sucking our ass a little better, you are the worst person ever.
I am not against the war, i just want us to have a little more support when we go in there...sure, we have britain and australia, but having the russians and/or the germans with us in this would make me sleep a lot easier at night.

- GonzoStyle - 02-18-2003

Nothing as priceless as the Bush family cutting oil deals with the Bin Laden family for all those years. I wonder if osama and junior ever did a few lines and argue about whose dad could beat up the others.