CDIH
Should CDIH Be A Public Board? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Should CDIH Be A Public Board? (/showthread.php?tid=7011)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- The Sleeper - 07-30-2003

this board has the same amount of activity its always had. i like it the way it is

- Goatweed - 07-30-2003

Quote:It's just time to take in some new blood is all.

yes, because the Doors board people were such a huge success Rolleyes

- IrishAlkey - 07-30-2003

I bet Pearl Jam has a cool board out there...

- fbd - 07-30-2003

goatweed Wrote:yes, because the Doors board people were such a huge success Rolleyes
i've noticed something about the people here(and at oa.com before)...we are incredibly clanish. every time that theres been an infulx of new people(post bang party, after syndication, when we let rf people here, doors board), few if any of them have lasted. we aren't fans of new stuff here, or new blood. the status quo is what has been strived to be maintained, and any time a number of people have attempted to change what that is, we respond negatively. somebody could be loved for their posting style at one place, but here, we try to tar and feather them.

unfortunately, we also drive our own away. the people who we do love, slowly leave. sean, seph, arpi, maynard, ikea, amy, etc. used to be fixtures here, but now have been gone for months. in about two months, a few others will leave, and eventually, it'll be three people posting here

we've tried to replace the lost people, but the transfusions of new blood are rejected every time. open up the board to membership, but don't expect many new people to come, and those that do probably won't stick around long enough to help the board before we drive them away

- The Sleeper - 07-30-2003

I just look at this as a place to interact with people i like. I don't really care about new people or board activity. I read other boards if i no one is posting here, or go outside and do stuff. problem solved.

- PlasticMan - 07-30-2003

What if I promise to post more?

- crx girl - 07-30-2003

Quote:it'd be like opening the floodgates
floodgates to what? let's be honest, when was the last time someone signed up that we didn't put through? and by going public what do you actually mean? we've all let everyone we kjnow about the board, we've always encouraged having friends sign up. so what does "going public" actually mean. the only thing we have different is that we require one extra step to joining. so, what's the difference? i'm not putting us down, i love this place, just the way it is, i just don't see the logistics, no joe bloggs is gonna randomly search for cold hell boards just to sign up...

- fbd - 07-30-2003

crx girl Wrote:
floodgates to what?
read the rest of that post...where it says "in death valley"

- Keyser Soze - 07-30-2003

Quote:sean, seph, arpi, maynard, ikea, amy

sean left cause he hates all of you.
seph doesnt post anywhere anymore.
arpi left cause he thinks im a scumbag.
maynard left cause he thinks we are too mean.
ikea just fell of the face of the earth.
and amy left cause, well i think she thinks we are too mean too.

- Faceman - 07-30-2003

Why don't you just combine with the south park board and be done with it?

So you can be reunited with your beloved Froy?

- Faceman - 07-30-2003

Keyser Soze Wrote:So you can be reunited with your beloved Froy?
Good one. Throw in a "clean-up on aisle 7" comment in your next post and your comedy quota concerning me will be done for today

Edited By Faceman on 1059581351

- Hybrid - 07-30-2003

Keyser Soze Wrote:seph doesnt post anywhere anymore.

and amy left cause, well i think she thinks we are too mean too.
wrong. seph posts at SA every couple days. he's just really busy with school now. and amy left after gonzo took away her buttons in her little forum and gave them to me. she got pissed that she couldnt use it as a livejournal anymore.

I was thinking more along the lines of a "please direct your request to our courtesy counter".

- Faceman - 07-30-2003

See, now you're thinking on your feet. I like that

thanks. i like to mix it up every once and awhile.

Quote:wrong. seph posts at SA every couple days. he's just really busy with school now. and amy left after gonzo took away her buttons in her little forum and gave them to me. she got pissed that she couldnt use it as a livejournal anymore.

so basically its not anything we really did in seph's case. in amy's case, shes just being a baby.

- crx girl - 07-30-2003

fbdlingfrg Wrote:
crx girl Wrote:
floodgates to what?
read the rest of that post...where it says "in death valley"
i read it, i just chose to ignore it in order to make my point, thank you

- Keyser Soze - 07-31-2003

looks like there isnt much of a consensus on this. should we flip a coin?

- The Jays - 07-31-2003

... nah, this is democracy in action, baby, so we should just not do anything....

- Keyser Soze - 07-31-2003

but they havent chosen to do nothing. No means we do nothing.