CDIH
Andy Pettitte Signs With The Houston Astros - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Andy Pettitte Signs With The Houston Astros (/showthread.php?tid=7963)

Pages: 1 2 3

- drusilla - 12-12-2003

this sucks

- Keyser Soze - 12-12-2003

at least you still have jorge.

- Galt - 12-12-2003

at least they are better position by position in every single spot than the Mets. Both on offense and in pitching.

can't argue with you there. mets need new ownership. i dont think the wilpons plan on spending much money. hopefully they're just trying to recover from the contract fiascos of the past few years.

- Galt - 12-12-2003

You know. I typed that before I really thought about it. But that's pretty sad that it's true.

And what's worse you can say that about a few teams (Red Sox included). Really the only thing that the Mets have of value is catcher and I'd take Jorge probably Varitek over Piazza. Especially when you move Piazza to 1B, there have to be at least 10 teams that are better in every spot

i have to agree that jorge is younger and has more good years ahead of him than piazza. career wise, posada is not quite as good as piazza. but present day value, i'd take posada.

- HedCold - 12-12-2003

radio show offering clemens a hummer to pitch for the astros

you thought it was the other "hummer" didn't you

- drusilla - 12-12-2003

i dunno what i wold do if jorge went away

- Goatweed - 12-13-2003

I'd pitch for the Astros for a hummer from Dru.

- Keyser Soze - 12-13-2003

id pitch for dru for a hummer

- drusilla - 12-15-2003

:23:

- Keyser Soze - 12-15-2003

catch?

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

Milton, Worrell, Wagner...who's next?....The Phillies will win the division by 30 games next year.

:-D

- Galt - 12-15-2003

All three will have better batting averages than Pat Burrell

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

Burrell will turn it around this year. If not he will not make it through the season as a Phillie.

- Galt - 12-15-2003

By the way, Milton isn't very good at all. Worrell and Wagner will pitch 150 innings max, though Wagner will get hurt. Any upgrade from those three pitchers will be offset by the fact that when they lose Millwood, they will not have a #1 starter.

And aside from Thome, their infield offense is horrible. Aside from Abreu, their outfield offense is horrible

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

Wagner will pitch 150 innings with an equal number of saves and 450 strike outs.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 12-15-2003

that would be incredible.

- Keyser Soze - 12-15-2003

Milton is a nice 3rd or 4th starter.

- Galt - 12-15-2003

You know, the Red Sox got career years from Ortiz, Mueller, Nixon, Varitek, Walker (who's gone), and arguably Millar too.

They better hope that the team minus Manny, Nomar, and Walker doesn't have all those guys fall back to earth. It sure would suck to have Arod surrounded by crappy guys