CDIH
Super Size Me - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super Size Me (/showthread.php?tid=8355)

Pages: 1 2

- Arpikarhu - 01-26-2004

i like saying comparble

- diceisgod - 01-26-2004

See? I missed an "a" in there. This is what happens when you don't plan jokes.

Edited By diceisgod on 1075150840

- Goatweed - 01-27-2004

Black Lazerus Wrote:The best book to read ever......[Image: fast.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

I swear it will change your life.
I picked this book up tonight, after work - 60 pages into it so far, and I haven't even gotten to the food ingredients yet - GREAT read, thanks!

- Black Lazerus - 01-27-2004

Goatweed Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:The best book to read ever......[Image: fast.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

I picked this book up tonight, after work - 60 pages into it so far, and I haven't even gotten to the food ingredients yet - GREAT read, thanks!
You are welcome, sorry that you won't be eating anymore fast food.

- Arpikarhu - 01-27-2004

or beef in general

- Black Lazerus - 01-29-2004

Goatweed Wrote:

so goat what did you think???

- Goatweed - 01-29-2004

I'm almost done with it - I'm not all that surprised really.

His description of the slughterhouse was really something though - that plus the way they get cleaned...

I always wondered what those "natural and artificial flavors" were.

The bottom line is, this stuff can't be avoided - I'm not saying its right, but it's gotten too out of control. Unless you grow your own greens and breed your own meat, you gotta deal.

This was a great semi-blind buy, thanks again.

- Black Lazerus - 03-03-2004

a response to to movie you think??

Quote:McDonald's Menu to Go on Diet in 2005
By DAVE CARPENTER
AP Business Writer

CHICAGO - Say goodbye to those super-sized fries - McDonald's is slimming down its menu.
The hamburger giant has started phasing out its trademark Supersize fries and drinks in its U.S. restaurants as part of an effort to simplify its menu and give customers choices that support a balanced lifestyle, a company spokesman said Tuesday.

super size

- GonzoStyle - 03-03-2004

There are some great reviews of the book on amazon

Quote:God Bless the Fast Food Industry! It represents all that is great with this country. If you don't like fast food maybe you should leave America or are a Communist. Even EUROPEANS love our American fast food, fancy French restaurants are going out of business because the French know a good thing when they see it and can't get enough Big Macs. Books like this are just wrong they say fast food is unhealthy and evil my brother eats nothing but fast food he's 39 and healthy as a horse. I think Schlosser must be jealous of fast food success and that's why he wrote this book. How sad.

You can go ahead and click "Not Helpful" but by doing so you're admitting that I'm right and it scares you so much that you feel the need to censure me in some way. Go ahead, I am used to attacks by liberal nancy-boys.

Final ratings - 1 out of 5 stars.

It just makes you proud to know there are so many great minds out there.

- HedCold - 03-03-2004

booooooo

GonzoStyle Wrote:There are some great reviews of the book on amazon

Quote:God Bless the Fast Food Industry! It represents all that is great with this country. If you don't like fast food maybe you should leave America or are a Communist. Even EUROPEANS love our American fast food, fancy French restaurants are going out of business because the French know a good thing when they see it and can't get enough Big Macs. Books like this are just wrong they say fast food is unhealthy and evil my brother eats nothing but fast food he's 39 and healthy as a horse. I think Schlosser must be jealous of fast food success and that's why he wrote this book. How sad.

You can go ahead and click "Not Helpful" but by doing so you're admitting that I'm right and it scares you so much that you feel the need to censure me in some way. Go ahead, I am used to attacks by liberal nancy-boys.

Final ratings - 1 out of 5 stars.

It just makes you proud to know there are so many great minds out there.
those are the same great minds that think party affiliation is not a factor in political votes.

- Goatweed - 03-03-2004

This really was a great read though. He gets a little preachy at times without meaning to do so (I think), but the tales from the slaughterhouse alone are worth the $12.

I never read this book but I did thorougly enjoy "the Jungle" by Sinclair, the uncensored version not the school book version.

It was written almost 100 years ago but it still skeeves you out about the meat packing industry.

you should read it

Read it for what? fast food is bad? noooooooooooo!!! you're kidding?

That slaughter houses are disgusting places where the sickest shit happens? you gotta be kidding?

That these fast food places use cattle eyeballs for their milkshakes? wow I am shocked!!!

That's like the people who were shocked by the brutality of christs crucifixtion in "passion of the christ"...

But here's another review from amazon about, Mein burger

Quote:As a senior exec for a large (non-fast food) franchisor, I am well aware of abuses in the industry, and have little love lost for franchising. However, Schlosser's disregard for facts, poor business knowledge, and manipulation of statistics is alarming. How is it possible that a book under the guise of being "non-fiction" can get away with the miseducation of unsuspecting readers?

Not out of concern for the fast food industry (don't like it personally), but out of a concern for mass-market misinformation on the scale of Hitler's propaganda machine do I feel I must warn potential readers to treat this book as an allegorical comment on society rather than a balanced account of an industry operating for profit rather than public good. Read Schlosser's notes in the back of the book very closely to understand that his comparative statistics are not always mathematically sound.

- lush - 03-03-2004

I read both The Jungle and Fast Food Nation, both great reads. I believe that even though The Jungle is fiction it definitely impacted on my life. Fast Food Nation, however, changed my outlook on the the foods I eat. I wasn't too keen on fast food before but that certainly made me anti-fast food.
Laz and I bonded over that book. I felt it bridged the gap between races, if only for that brief moment.

- The Sleeper - 03-03-2004

fast food is one of my few vices.

I was told about the book when i worked for this company I learned a lot about the industry and even got to see some of this shit first hand.
Quote:Laz and I bonded over that book. I felt it bridged the gap between races, if only for that brief moment.

It's that big ass that i wanted to bond with.