CDIH
Bush : Takin Care Of Business - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Bush : Takin Care Of Business (/showthread.php?tid=8771)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Galt - 04-01-2004

how has he hurt the country economically? Use facts.
How has he hurt the country environmentally? Ditto

- Kid Afrika - 04-01-2004

*Arpi, you could say that you're full of shit. I would agree.

I never really thought much about conspiracy theories before I started seeing some of the evidence in "underground" videos.

To whit, you can't really argue with the documentation and theories in Alex Jones' video 911 The Road to Tyranny. Well, other than to say that they're taken out of context. The same goes for the video The Truth and Lies of 9/11 by From the Wilderness.

Of course, I've always said that you can agrue any point vehemently regardless of its validity if you only present the facts that are in your favor.

The problem with debating the issues presented by 9/11 and subsequent action by the US gov't is that we don't have all of the facts. Hell, we probably have 1% of the facts.

At the end of the day, all I know is that I refuse to believe anything that Bush or Bush supporters say, simply because they said it. Until they sit down and allow someone to rebut their claims, I say they're full of shit. I also firmly believe that there are two reasons that Bush is president today...

1. He ran against Gore.
2. Um, Florida!

Edited By Kid Afrika on 1080796536

- Arpikarhu - 04-01-2004

kyoto treaty, largest debt in history, easing of corporate air and water pollution restrictions, tapping of social security for debt, unemployment, further destruction of the middle class through moronic tax policies.........

- Galt - 04-01-2004

Spouting the words of your daddy, I see.

Unemployement is equal to where it was under Clinton, and has been improving steadily after the recession.

Fuck Social Security. It's a government funded illegal ponzi scheme that should be abolished and will eventually need to be or else completely bankrupt the country. Blame that on the Democrats; it's their program.

How does it "hurt" the middle class to give give them a tax rebate? How is it "moronic" to think that an incremental $300 to the poor/middle class will mean more to them than $300 to the rich and therefore THEY are the exact ones who benefitted from it?

Largest Debt? Yup. It's retarded. Cut some fucking spending. I hate government, and it seems that every program must get more funding every year. It must grow faster than inflation, and anyone who wants to cut spending is trying to kill old people and children.

Aside from the fact that Ed Begley, Jr tells you so, how did easing of corporate restrictions hurt the environment? Where is there any proof that there has EVER been a problem with the environment? Global warming was whined about 15 years ago like the world would explode unless we all lived like the Unabomer. Now not a peep. Exxon Valdez was this horrendous calamity on the Earth. Like a year later; it was like nothing happened. Why? Because of environmentalists? No because The Earth is fucking badass, and if we tried we couldn't cause it any damage. Chernobyl. Bikini Atol. Poison Water in Massachusetts

I'm sure Arpi's dad died during the Nixon administration.

- Galt - 04-01-2004

it's still painfully obvious that he blindly spits back daddy's opinions in an attempt to make him proud and/or grow up to be exactly like the man he hates.

Cat's in the cradle....

Quote:How does it "hurt" the middle class to give give them a tax rebate? How is it "moronic" to think that an incremental $300 to the poor/middle class will mean more to them than $300 to the rich and therefore THEY are the exact ones who benefitted from it?

This reminded me of a Lewis Black bit about the same topic. It cost the government millions to mail out the letter notifying people that they would be receiving a check. Lewis' retort, why not include the letter with the check?

Another thing, logic has been brought up in the argument about voting and politics. The reality is there is no place for logic in politics.

- Arpikarhu - 04-01-2004

my daddy loves george w.

try again.

as tothe tax cut for the middle class, what tax cut? i was in no way referring to the political sleight of hand that was the 300 dollar check. with his continued policy of corporate welfare, the abolishment of estate tax, and othe rpolicies he is creating a two class country at the expense of the middle class.

Edited By Arpikarhu on 1080839426

- Ken'sPen - 04-01-2004

I want to give Gonzo such a pinch for suggesting anyone could be worse than Bush.

- Splatterpunk - 04-02-2004

Galt Wrote:how has he hurt the country economically? Use facts.
How has he hurt the country environmentally? Ditto
Lifting national park protection in Alaska and lifting big oil restriction allowing deforestation and oil drilling there instead for one thing.

Trying to eliminate the endangered species act second.

That's enough for me, period. Blame my Indian blood, but I'm voting against Bush.

- Keyser Soze - 04-02-2004

forgive me for playing devils advocate for a moment.

in lieu of alternative energy sources and in light of soaring oil prices and dependency on other, in many cases, rogue nations for that oil, doesn't it make sense to drill for more sources of oil on our own land?

- GonzoStyle - 04-02-2004

I been sayin that for fuckin years already, drill the fuck out of alaska. It's like having a gold mine in your backyard but not wanting to dig in it cause you have a pretty rose bush there.

endangered species, who gives a fuck we got people starving and jobless so we lose another fuckin dodo.

- Arpikarhu - 04-02-2004

what you dont understand is tht according to all statistical analysis oil production will reach its peak in the next ten years and then start to decline. by even the most liberal guess, this decline will continue until there will be no more oil to pump within the next 80 years. then what? now is the time to come up with alternatives.

MR. FUSION!!!

- Keyser Soze - 04-02-2004

i agree that we need to find alternative sources of energy. eventually when they run out, and i'm relying on the statistica sources that you've previously mentioned, then the traditional energy companies will have to find something else to sell. i think its in their best interest to find their next product. better yet, why don't these enviormentalists beat them to it and start their own companies?

Plutonium!!!!

There's validity to both arguments. Drill, don't drill... but I'm against creating permanent irreversible damage & I don't think this administration or any big oil co. is interested in developing those resources in alaska it in a way that sustains the environment.

It might get bled for profit as fast as possible. Alaska is one of the places Bald Eagles roost for most of the year. They flock there in the thousands on the coast & most of Alaska is currently protected parkland because the forest, the land & the air is unspoiled, until there's another oil spill.

Start drilling & logging it out & how long is that going to last? It's not just eagles... but they are one of the birds most recently most endangered with a lot to lose by losing the land.

It all comes back to back to the future, it was more than just a film.

HEY YOOOU!!! GET YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF THAT ENDANGERED EAGLE!!!!

Keyser Soze Wrote:i agree that we need to find alternative sources of energy. eventually when they run out, and i'm relying on the statistica sources that you've previously mentioned, then the traditional energy companies will have to find something else to sell. i think its in their best interest to find their next product. better yet, why don't these enviormentalists beat them to it and start their own companies?
You know what, there are companies like this. They're even becoming more available... used to be hard to find, or you had to order stuff, but now they're a bit more widespread. Lots of stuff like this in California appropriately enough... especially in northern California, though LA likes to think it's on top of stuff but LA just wants to be trendy. Bunch of tan plastic faggots in LA. You can find "green" stuff in LA but it's got a real market ion places like SF & Berkeley & Stanford.

Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.