CDIH
who says the media is biased? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: who says the media is biased? (/showthread.php?tid=8828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Arpikarhu - 04-12-2004

Galt Wrote:as soon as I'm wrong, I'll happily own up to it.

And CITE YOUR SOURCE
the day i that i feel the need to include a biblography with my posts just because you are too lazy to look up a refuting argument will be a sad day indeed.
the info i gave is accurate and i am not going to open up packed boxes just to satisfy your laziness.

- Galt - 04-12-2004

bah, not this argument again.

Edited By Galt on 1081798731

- AbeSapien - 04-12-2004

Galt Wrote:That memo says that Bin Laden wanted to attack in the US. He already had ('93), so it's not like it was earth shattering news.

The memo also gave no indication of how, when, or where he intended to do anything.
The memo itself is classified, so nobody in the general public knows exactly what was on it. It might very well have indications of how, when, and where. One of the points of this panel is to de-classify such documents. Until the memo is declassified, Sleeper cannot say what might be on it, nor can you way what might not be on it.

Also, Gonzo stole my sig first. Undecided

- AbeSapien - 04-12-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Galt Wrote:as soon as I'm wrong, I'll happily own up to it.

And CITE YOUR SOURCE
the day i that i feel the need to include a biblography with my posts just because you are too lazy to look up a refuting argument will be a sad day indeed.
the info i gave is accurate and i am not going to open up packed boxes just to satisfy your laziness.
Until you cite a source, everything you say on this topic is suspect.

- Galt - 04-12-2004

the document was unclassified a couple days ago.

- HedCold - 04-12-2004

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0412043package1.html">http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/04 ... kage1.html</a><!-- m -->

- AbeSapien - 04-12-2004

Galt Wrote:the document was unclassified a couple days ago.
I did not know this.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://us.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/august6.memo/">http://us.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/august6.memo/</a><!-- m -->

Appearently, there really was nothing of interest concerning 9/11 in it. While they admit to knowing that Al-Quada is working within the united state, they do not allude to anything concerning 9/11.

- The Sleeper - 04-12-2004

AbeSapien Wrote:
Galt Wrote:That memo says that Bin Laden wanted to attack in the US. He already had ('93), so it's not like it was earth shattering news.

The memo also gave no indication of how, when, or where he intended to do anything.
The memo itself is classified, so nobody in the general public knows exactly what was on it. It might very well have indications of how, when, and where. One of the points of this panel is to de-classify such documents. Until the memo is declassified, Sleeper cannot say what might be on it, nor can you way what might not be on it.

Also, Gonzo stole my sig first. Undecided
actually it has been declassified

Quote:Transcript: Bin Laden determined to strike in US
Saturday, April 10, 2004 Posted: 6:51 PM EDT (2251 GMT)

The following is a transcript of the August 6, 2001, presidential daily briefing entitled Bin Laden determined to strike in US. Parts of the original document were not made public by the White House for security reasons.

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate bin Laden since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Laden implied in U.S. television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

After U.S. missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, bin Laden told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to a -- -- service.

An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told - - service at the same time that bin Laden was planning to exploit the operative's access to the U.S. to mount a terrorist strike.

The millennium plotting in Canada in 1999 may have been part of bin Laden's first serious attempt to implement a terrorist strike in the U.S.

Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam has told the FBI that he conceived the idea to attack Los Angeles International Airport himself, but that in ---, Laden lieutenant Abu Zubaydah encouraged him and helped facilitate the operation. Ressam also said that in 1998 Abu Zubaydah was planning his own U.S. attack.

Ressam says bin Laden was aware of the Los Angeles operation. Although Bin Laden has not succeeded, his attacks against the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 demonstrate that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Laden associates surveyed our embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as early as 1993, and some members of the Nairobi cell planning the bombings were arrested and deported in 1997.

Al Qaeda members -- including some who are U.S. citizens -- have resided in or traveled to the U.S. for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks.

Two al-Qaeda members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our embassies in East Africa were U.S. citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.

A clandestine source said in 1998 that a bin Laden cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a ---- service in 1998 saying that Bin Laden wanted to hijack a U.S. aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Sheikh" Omar Abdel Rahman and other U.S.-held extremists.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full-field investigations throughout the U.S. that it considers bin Laden-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group or bin Laden supporters was in the U.S. planning attacks with explosives.

- PlasticMan - 04-12-2004

That's the spectacular thing to me. That we had so much investigation going on, even a few of the highjackers were under surveilance from what I remember, and they were still able to pull it off. Clearly no one took it as a credible threat (from Clinton through Bush) or these guys would have been in a dark hole somewhere, not walking the streets.

Yea I don't get the point of having 70 full-fledge FBI investigations if all it results in is transcripts.

- Galt - 04-12-2004

so in '98 they said that terrorists wanted to hijack planes. And Bush/Clinton was supposed to do what exactly to stop that?

Even AFTER 9/11, reporters and security personell have been able to sneak box cutters and other types of knives through security checkpoints.

The document also says that they were looking to target federal buildings, even if they shut every government facility down; the Trade Centers still would have been packed with people.

At the time, there were 70 studies in progress.

What the fuck was Bush (or Clinton) supposed to do to stop this specifically other than conceding to the terrorists demands that We completely exit the middle east prior to the attacks?

why even have the studies if there is no way of stopping what you are observing?

- Galt - 04-12-2004

Keep in mind though, what kind of uproar would have happened if the government took these people down because they were "suspected" terrorists. The ACLU would have been screaming bloody murder. Muslim anti-defamation leagues would have been screaming racism and racial profiling comparing it to FDR and the slopes during WWII.

- IrishAlkey - 04-12-2004

People did a lot of skiing in WWII?

- Black Lazerus - 04-12-2004

You can't hijack planes if you are in jail/court.

- Galt - 04-12-2004

you can't rape white women, deal drugs, rob liquor stores either.

Now you know why the police bother black people all the time, and look at the shit they get.

Black people are responsible for a lot more than 3,000 deaths a year.

Deep thoughts.

Galt Wrote:you can't rape white women, deal drugs, rob liquor stores either.

Now you know why the police bother black people all the time, and look at the shit they get.

Black people are responsible for a lot more than 3,000 deaths a year.
so are white people

How about sharks?

sharks: the Al-Quada of the sea