CDIH
Surrendering to geekdom - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Surrendering to geekdom (/showthread.php?tid=2922)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Spitfire - 08-01-2002

Just the same as people who refuse to get over a joke gone awry....

- Ken'sPen - 08-01-2002

Yeah!!!!!
don't you hate those fuckers......
I think I will send out a few dozen aims to those bastards.

- SYNTuesday - 08-01-2002

Quote:Vanity is fleeting, learning is a nonstop process.
:thumbs-up: :toast: That's the spirit! I'm not a fan of the persuit of vanity myself. But then again, life is fleeting... that's another story though.

As for my friends, ya they know. Luckily, I hang out with people who are geekier than me. THEY were practically inconsolable about goatse.cx...:disappointed:

- GonzoStyle - 08-01-2002

Quote:I admit it, I'm a computer geek.

Spit you are such a liar, you don't even know how to send an e-mail.

- Kid Afrika - 08-01-2002

Quote:I don't think being cool and being a geek is mutually exclusive.
OK, somebody missed the point I was trying to make. Rolleyes

There are cool geeks, but Ant, you are not a geek. IMO, geeks would rather hang out and figure out some new program or new hack than go hang out in some loud ass club, hitting on every half-drunk hooker in the place. A geek would sooner go to a computer show than go to the beach to catch a tan.

To me, geeking is all about gettin' your learn on. Finding new things to explore. It seems I never stop learning shit on this infernal off-white box.

- onehung - 08-01-2002

Quote:I'm quite happy being a geek and learning something new everyday. Much moreso than I would be with meeting new people everyday and being concerned about my tan, or my clothes.

The best of both worlds :thumbs-up: Tan all day and figure out smart pars tonight.

- Kid Afrika - 08-01-2002

Hey one, Click Here. The best par utility I've seen. Go to the freeware section and get FSRaid.

Edited By Kid Afrika on Aug. 01 2002 at 7:29

- onehung - 08-01-2002

Thanks man.

- ClusterF@#$ - 08-02-2002

I seriously kept it on the downlow that I was an OA adopter to my non-computer hip friends... they would have thought i was a serious dork if they knew I was some kind of authority/guru on message board etiquette and that i was teaching other people the ways of the board. Hey at least I'm not a MODERATOR!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

- Ken'sPen - 08-02-2002

Yet the need to tell us you were an adopter shows you have the burning desire to be.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 08-02-2002

A few of my friends know...one of my closest friends mocks me to no end, another friend mocked me until she became obsessed with a Roswell Fan-Fic Message board, and my brother teases me to no end. Besides that, I don't tell many people.... Its interesting to explain to people where certain people I talk to came from :lol:

- Keyser Soze - 08-07-2002

Find how just how much of a geek you really are...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thudfactor.com/geekquiz.php">http://www.thudfactor.com/geekquiz.php</a><!-- m -->

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are <span style="color: #090">19%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[Image: boy_0x25.jpg]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

Take the Polygeek Quiz at Thudfactor.com</p>

Edited By Keyser Soze on Aug. 07 2002 at 7:59

- Luna - 08-08-2002

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are 22% geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[Image: girl_0x25.jpg]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

- HedCold - 08-08-2002

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are <span style="color: #090">24%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[Image: boy_0x25.jpg]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

- Jack - 08-08-2002

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are <span style="color: #090">35%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[Image: boy_25x50.jpg]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>
Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.<br /><br />
You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!<br /><br />
Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!<br /><br />
You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.<br /><br /></blockquote
</td></tr></table>

- AdolescentMasturbator - 08-08-2002

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are 55% geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[Image: boy_50x75.jpg]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.</td></tr></table>

- SLASH - 08-08-2002

Quote:Do your friends bust on you for posting on a message board?

Quote:they have no idea i do.

I don't have friends outside of message boards.

- Ken'sPen - 08-08-2002

8% geek.

- crx girl - 08-08-2002

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">23%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[Image: girl_0x25.jpg]</td><td valign="top">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

- Is Don on the phone? - 08-08-2002

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are 31% geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[Image: boy_25x50.jpg]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>
Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.<br /><br />
You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!<br /><br />
Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!<br /><br />
You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.<br /><br /></blockquote
</td></tr></table>