CDIH
so im going car shopping - what should i get? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: so im going car shopping - what should i get? (/showthread.php?tid=4194)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Hybrid - 11-16-2002

i know they arent made anymore. i'm saying crx's will still be in existance, but the only ones that still run will be totally riced out.

- LyricalGomez - 11-16-2002

The old ones were not pieces of crap

They looked like shit

But they were awesome cars, I had one of the old 240s as my first car, and although I hated it at first it really was a good car.

- Hybrid - 11-16-2002

they were pretty ugly dude

- Weird NJ - 11-16-2002

Actually, I kinda like the old school look to 240's. Plus they sold aftermarket parts to give it the euro look. There was a story recently about a 66 volvo that had aquired 2 million miles. My current Volvo has 3 accidents in her, all heavy damage, and it still runs great.

- IrishAlkey - 11-16-2002

I'm not reading this thread, either.

- FAST FREDDY - 11-16-2002

Quote:What kind of car is it Fredrick?

Mustang Gt

Quote:He drives a Mustang to make up for his shortcomings.

Hey fuck you man, I cant help the fact i was born Irish. You Dick!

Quote:i don't remember posting that

I dont remember caring

Quote:the new volvo cars are awesome

Ya man, the new Volvos are much nicer than the old ones but...Volvo is still a faggot car. After you buy, make sure you go stick a dick in your mouth right away or the warranty will be rendered invalid by the manufacturer.

By the way, did I happen to mention that i highly recommend the Mustang GT?

[Image: pony001.jpg]

[Image: u-pinkler.gif] :banana:

Edited By Fast Freddy on 1037417981

- Weird NJ - 11-16-2002

[Image: xc90_k.jpg][Image: 560.jpg]

- FAST FREDDY - 11-16-2002

ya man, your wife will love it.

Confusedmokey:

- Luna - 11-16-2002

Here ya go..get one of these:
[Image: chrysler%20pt%20cruiser.jpg]

- Jack - 11-16-2002

How about getting a pinto?

- Paper Boy - 11-16-2002

Quote:this is all so depressing, i don't ever see myself being able to afford a new car, let alone something better than a hyundai

Hyundais are very nice cars. i bought mine in may of 1999, i have put 257,000 almost trouble free miles on it and the engine feels like it can go another 250. the tranny did fail on me at about 75,00 miles but it was replaced free of charge because of their 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty. they also have a 5 year roadside assistance program, which comes in handy for a guy like me because i lock my keys in my car on a regular basis. they had some problems when they were first introduced in this country but they have come a long way as a car company.

Keyser, i would go with the IS. my brother just bought one and he said it was the most hassle free car purchase he has ever been through. they quoted him a price, when he first walked in and that was the price he got in the end, around 4 and change, i believe. they evemn called him a few days after picking it up to make sure everything was okay.

i would get an insurance quote on any car you're lookikng to purchase, first. i seem to remember a thread about you and speeding tickets. it's just no fun when your monthly insurance payment is more than your car payment.

- Luna - 11-16-2002

Quote:Hyundais are very nice cars. i bought mine in may of 1999, i have put 257,000 almost trouble free miles on it and the engine feels like it can go another 250
Wow....that's alot of milesfor 3 years! :-o
Dude...you need "mileage saving technology". :-D

- LyricalGomez - 11-16-2002

Quote:Here ya go..get one of these:

Why get what is basically a Flamboyant Dodge Neon?

- crx girl - 11-17-2002

yes. hyandais or however they spell it have certainly seemed to improved over the last couple of years. i remember shopping for my first used car in the mid 90's and reading up on how hellish they were, but with the warrenties they have now they're not looking so bad. but still, i'll be walking for a good while...

- Tenbatsuzen - 11-17-2002

I've actually been considering a Santa Fe for my next car, but I think I'm gonna get a used Grand Cherokee.

- Hey Ladi - 11-17-2002

Quote:hyandais or however they spell it have certainly seemed to improved over the last couple of years.
I looked at them, but never got to drive it, and once I drove the Camry I was hooked. but the hyundai looked good. (wow that was hard to spell :fuggin: )

- krahzee - 11-17-2002

I have a '95 Hyundai Elantra 16valve, 5spd. It has been great. I got it used with 60k on it for $3,800 and have only had to replace the clutch in it, which is normal wear and tear. It came with power windows, locks and mirrors, it gets 30mpg on the highway, easily hits 90mph, and is comfortable as Hell to drive. The only reason I am even thinking of getting rid of the car is because my left knee is fucked up and driving stick through traffic is quite painful. Undecided

- PeterDragon - 11-17-2002

Quote:and once I drove the Camry I was hooked
I have a Camry with 137kmiles - 13yrs w/o any major problems. That is why my 2nd car is the ES300 - basically a fancier Camry.

Back to Keyser - I subscribe to Consumers report on-line - let me know if you want any of their reports.

- Keyser Soze - 11-18-2002

I bought the Z and I fucking love it. Its chrome silver and fast as balls.

- JerseyThunder - 11-18-2002

Quote:but I think I'm gonna get a used Grand Cherokee.

Huge mistake. I have heard nothing but horror storries about those. if you go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.edmunds.com">http://www.edmunds.com</a><!-- w --> you can actually look up all the recalls and technical service bulletins any car has.