CDIH
Should CDIH Be A Public Board? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Should CDIH Be A Public Board? (/showthread.php?tid=7011)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- diceisgod - 07-31-2003

So ridiculous not to open it to the public. You all are starting to bore me and I'm sure you're bored with me (probably from the first day :-p ) There is nothing to lose and potentially lots of new people willing to join up and abuse thoroughly.

- diceisgod - 07-31-2003

PS The exclusivity of the board has resulted in about 300 people signing up and about 10-20 who actually post (and vote in polls^^)with some regular frequency. Open the gates be it in death valley or not, chicken shit cocksuckers.

- Velociti - 07-31-2003

this is private?

- Galt - 07-31-2003

I have cast the deciding vote.

Let my bidding be done.

- Goatweed - 07-31-2003

nope.

- Zootybang - 07-31-2003

Just think of all the bullshit post's we'd have to sift through to find anything relevant................Okay, maybe that was a bad point.

- diceisgod - 07-31-2003

let's look at the votees shall we:
diceisgod :: fbdlingfrg :: goatweed :: x-file :: Austin :: AmbieLuvin :: DGW :: drusilla :: Demon1579 :: Faceman :: Gooch :: Galt :: Hybrid :: HedCold :: Jack :: Keyser Soze :: Kid Afrika :: King Imp :: LyricalGomez :: Mad :: PatCooper :: Peachy :: QuickStop :: Sir O :: The Sleeper :: The Jays :: Velociti :: Weird NJ :: Zootybang :: crx girl :: criticslovesnatch ::

the following fall under the "who the fuck are you categorie?"
AmbieLuvin
Demon1579
King Imp
Peachy

the following fall under the "who the fuck are you that your vote matters category?"
fbdlingfrg
Austin
drusilla
Kid Afrika
Faceman

So the question remains to you 15 people....what harm would it cause to let new members in?

- crx girl - 07-31-2003

woo hoo, i didn't fall into either of those categories and all i did was click to see results.

and
Quote:potentially lots of new people
from where? what are we gonna do? put up banner ads? you wanna pay for them?

- diceisgod - 07-31-2003

whoa whoa whoa....it wasn't my idea to go public, sweet tits, i was just making the case (which btw is overwhelmingly in my favor). Fucking close it down if you want. I'll tell everyone I caused it. If this board, like a crack habit, is too expensive to keep going then quit it.....or die....stupid.

- crx girl - 07-31-2003

your logic is flawed

and i have no doubt that i will die stupid

ly

- diceisgod - 07-31-2003

Quote:your logic is flawed

I remember that guy....did he vote?

- Kid Afrika - 07-31-2003

First off, if you dont' want people's opinions, don't ask for them.

Secondly, and I hate to admit it... I agree with dig:

Quote:The exclusivity of the board has resulted in about 300 people signing up and about 10-20 who actually post (and vote in polls^^)with some regular frequency.

Thirdly, the only response I can give to "who the fuck are you that your vote matters"...

Look at the point above and wonder why people aren't coming in droves to join this place. Which, by the way, I am not convinced that anyone was ever denied membership to this site. (well, other than people that Sean hated)

- crx girl - 07-31-2003

Quote:First off, if you dont' want people's opinions, don't ask for them.
where did that come from? and yeah, nobody's really ever been denied joining, other than the odd few "mavrics" out there. my point is only that we basically are public anyway, unless by public you mean buying advertising on other websites to get people, what does "going public" really mean? we've always encouraged people to let other message board types to join up, and non message board people aren't gonna be interested, are they

- The Sleeper - 07-31-2003

this place has no real theme or purpose other than for people who know each other pretty well to interact with each other. 99.9% of any outsiders who sign up won't feel welcome or compelled to post much anyway. this is really a non-issue.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-31-2003

I know I don't post/read the board a lot but I have to say this. What does this board have to offer to new members? Most forums are generally focused on some theme. This message board doesn't really have a theme. This is why going public really wouldn't help this board.

And I'll post again in 4 months.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on 1059643626

- DGW - 07-31-2003

Quote:we've always encouraged people to let other message board types to join up
did you just call me a message board type person?!?!?!?
put up your dukes

- Goatweed - 07-31-2003

The Sleeper Wrote:this place has no real theme or purpose other than for people who know each other pretty well to interact with each other. 99.9% of any outsiders who sign up won't feel welcome or compelled to post much anyway. this is really a non-issue.
:4:

- Keyser Soze - 08-04-2003

the tribe has spoke, open the floodgates.

- Kingpin - 08-04-2003

Floodgates, HA, like anyone is going to post anymore than they do. It's over, plain and simple. Is it still fun, yes, but it ain't like it use to be!!! :8: :8: :8:

- Keyser Soze - 08-04-2003

its only the beginning smiley.