CDIH
Breaking News! - ...it's breaking right now! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Breaking News! - ...it's breaking right now! (/showthread.php?tid=7074)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Sir O - 08-07-2003

Quote:That was over two hundred years ago, dude.

You think we should still obide by laws set forth by men who owned slaves and wore wooden dentures?
Get with the times, dude.
[Image: bush_burns_constitution.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

....another reason to hate liberals... shitty photoshop work...

- Sir O - 08-07-2003

Not everyone who disagrees with Bush is a liberal.

Most liberals are just as bad as most conservatives.

- Mad - 08-07-2003

Sir O Wrote:Not everyone who disagrees with Bush is a liberal.

Most liberals are just as bad as most conservatives.
There's about a dimes worth of difference between the two party's.

Who can really tell them apart these days?

- Keyser Soze - 08-07-2003

the problem with politics is people are too attached to labels like conservative, liberal, democrat, republican and not concerned enough about doing whats right about individual issues instead of adhering strictly to what their label tells them they should do. unfortunately common sense and politics are polar opposites.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

Liberalism and conservatism are ideologies, not merely party affliations...

Quote:Not everyone who disagrees with Bush is a liberal.

Most of them are. And that site is horrific. I can't believe that such a great program can create such pieces of shit.

- Sir O - 08-07-2003

Quote:Who can really tell them apart these days?
Well, the side that uses terms like "commie", "un-american", "un-patriotic", and "whiners", are the Republicans.

The side that uses terms like "fascist", "racist", and "nationalist", are the Democrats.

See, it's not about actual ideas, it's more like two kids making mother jokes on a much larger scale.

- Sir O - 08-07-2003

Quote:And that site is horrific

You got a problem with images.google.com?

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

... do you fail to see the tag bushspeaks.com that is attached to the image?

- Mad - 08-07-2003

<center>[Image: BushLied_pcd_ft.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'></center>

- Sir O - 08-07-2003

I didn't notice it til now, no...

EDIT: After looking at the site, I agree, it's pretty bad. There are MUCH better anti-Bush sites out there.

Edited By Sir O on 1060226512

ideologies are too rigid and don't leave enough room for reason.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

Quote:After looking at the site, I agree, it's pretty bad. There are MUCH better anti-Bush sites out there.
... not really, no...

Edited By The Jays on 1060226848

exactly.

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

... i wasn't posting in response to you..

- Sir O - 08-07-2003

The irony...

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

Quote:ideologies are too rigid and don't leave enough room for reason.

ideologies are based on reason.

i·de·ol·o·gies
The body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture.
A set of doctrines or beliefs that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.

sounds like representing the good of a few, rather than the good of the many. my arguement that the problem with ideologies is that it is too narrow in focus and doesnt address the problems of society as a whole instead of just one individual, group, class, or culture.

Edited By Keyser Soze on 1060227559

- The Jays - 08-07-2003

...and they are based on reason...

yes, you are correct. my previous statement was inaccurate. i think my last post more clearly represents my dislike of ideologies.