CDIH
Can I make Galt Love me? - He just wants to gut me. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Can I make Galt Love me? - He just wants to gut me. (/showthread.php?tid=8725)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Keyser Soze - 03-23-2004

i think Galt's point was that sodomy was not exclusively anal sex.

- Splatterpunk - 03-23-2004

That's fine. It's got several meanings, contemporarily.

- Sweet Angel - 03-23-2004

According to Webster:
Sodom - ancient city destroyed by God for its wickedness; a place notorious for vice or corruption.

sodomist: (n) sodomite.

sodomite: one who practices sodomy.

sodomy: 1. Copulation with a member of the same sex or with an animal. 2. Non-coital and esp. anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.

Sweet Angel Wrote:According to Webster:
Sodom - ancient city destroyed by God for its wickedness; a place notorious for vice or corruption.

sodomist: (n) sodomite.

sodomite: one who practices sodomy.

sodomy: 1. Copulation with a member of the same sex or with an animal. 2. Non-coital and esp. anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
:damnpc:

I like the little pictures. Why do you scorn them?

- HedCold - 03-23-2004

Splatterpunk Wrote:
HedCold Wrote:sod·om·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sd-m)
n.
Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.

now go re-read #3
How many more consultants will you require?
wow. like keyser said, galt said it wasn't just anal sex, and you keep saying IT IS ANAL SEX, and we're the ones who aren't reading clearly? are you really this fucking dense?

- Galt - 03-23-2004

I hope your uterus falls out.

HedCold Wrote:wow. like keyser said, galt said it wasn't just anal sex, and you keep saying IT IS ANAL SEX, and we're the ones who aren't reading clearly? are you really this fucking dense?
That's not what was said. What Galt said, explicitly, is that sodomy does not refer in any capacity to anal sex.

You, apparently, are that fucking dense. Did you even read the post of Galt's where he makes his position that sodomy is not anal sex whatsoever? He numbers it 1-5. Then he says that although I state 3 times that anal sex is sodomy, SODOMY IS NOT ANAL SEX.

That -- like I said -- was Galt's INCORRECT position:

Galt's post , in which his ERROR is made clear:
Quote:Posted: Mar. 22 2004,7:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can't really be a teacher of language and have such a burning innate inability to understand the most simple of statements.

I've attempted to make this as clear as possible. Let me try for the third time.

1. I didn't say that the people in Sodom were called Sodomites because they had anal sex.
2. "Sodomy" is derived from the biblical place
3. Sodomy is NOT anal sex. Sodomy is "unnatural" sex as defined by the bible; meaning anal or oral sex.
4. Sodomites lived in Sodom. Sodomites also performed unnatural sex acts, which among other things, pissed God off.
5. Therefore a sodomite is either a) a person from Sodom or b) a person who partakes in sodomy.

I have explained this now three times, and you have failed to comprehend what I was saying. I have not made any religious proclaimations about what is right or wrong. I have not said that God hated the people in Sodom because they were assfucking.

You have at least three times said that "sodomy" refers to anal sex. It does not. You are wrong. If you are a teacher of the language, one would assume that you would fucking understand it first, windbag.

You, HedCold, are a dipshit.

Now that Galt cannot avoid sodomy's definition as including anal sex, the whole argument is being turned around?

Edited By Splatterpunk on 1080053859

Galt Wrote:I hope your uterus falls out.
With you as a stunning example of the hazards of procreation, so do I.

- Galt - 03-23-2004

Sodomy does not mean anal sex. Just as sodomy does not mean oral sex or beastiality. That is not the definition. Sodomy is unnatural sex. Anal sex is included in that definition. Just as oral sex and bestiality are included in the definition.

Everyone except you can understand this basic concept. You have said consistently that the pure definition of the word sodomy is anal sex. It is not. You are wrong.

- Galt - 03-23-2004

PS. Anal sex is sodomy; sodomy is not anal sex. An analogy:
It's basic grammar.

All anal sex is sodomy. But all sodomy is not anal sex.
All people born in New York are Americans. But all Americans are not born in New York

Galt Wrote:Sodomy does not mean anal sex. Just as sodomy does not mean oral sex or beastiality. That is not the definition. Sodomy is unnatural sex. Anal sex is included in that definition. Just as oral sex and bestiality are included in the definition.

Everyone except you can understand this basic concept. You have said consistently that the pure definition of the word sodomy is anal sex. It is not. You are wrong.
That's so weak, Galt.

Number one, in no post did I ever state that the exclusive definition of sodomy specifically excluded all but anal sexual actions.

Sodomy refers as much to anal sex as it does to anything else. It's part of the word's definition.

I used it for anal sex.

You were so bent on using the proper term for sodomite that you didn't even think to make that point at first, as evidenced by this quote:

Quote:You'd think that a person who touts her intelligence would know that the proper term is "sodomite" not "sodomizer".

See page 1 of the "Goatweed is a sodomizer" thread.

- Galt - 03-23-2004

but a person who has anal sex is a sodomite.

I have been 100% correct this entire little semantic excercise. You misread what I wrote, and therefore took me to be saying something different than I was this entire time. Everyone else understood me fully. Your failing; not mine.

Number two, you appear to spend many posts & much of your time trying to make others look bad when you prove them wrong. At best, it's hypocritical and ridiculous.

Your first contention on this subject was that I used the wrong term for "sodomite". You can have that. I pointed out to you the additional meaning when the term SODOMITE is used in bibilical references was as a resident, not necessarily sexual in nature.

This is the point where specific and exclusive definitions become your little fetish, for some reason. Nobody said ":exclusively" or "only". The whole thing was simply misinterpretation.

You introduced the concept of biblical references. You introduced it as support for your argument that sodomite was a basic term from the bible which was the proper term for the practice I to which I was referring.

I pointed out that substantiation of that claim by using the bible wasn't pertinent.

It wasn't.

You never said a word about location until I introduced the Sodom of ancient biblical geography as a meaning of the ancient use of the word.

Galt Wrote:but a person who has anal sex is a sodomite.

I have been 100% correct this entire little semantic excercise. You misread what I wrote, and therefore took me to be saying something different than I was this entire time. Everyone else understood me fully. Your failing; not mine.
Bullshit. Your biblical reference was meant to substantiate the sexual reference of "sodomite" as a term. You used it to indicate that knowledge of biblical terms was common, trying to undermine me.

I informed you that the meaning of the term Sodomite as used biblically -- as you introduced the term into the argument -- appears to be "common knowledge" you do not have, as nowhere did you say anything about Sodomite as a resident of the biblical city. Nor did you capitalize it, as if you understood this.

This I had to point out to you. YOUR failing, not mine.

You're such a hypocrite.

Edited By Splatterpunk on 1080055432

- Goatweed - 03-23-2004

so is it vacation or vacationing?

- Galt - 03-23-2004

Nice try wench. You've been using more words than I have here so who's the hypocrite.

I mentioned the biblical origins. Of course I knew of Sodom; why else would I mention the bible? You think I thought they just mentioned sodomy as a verb? The people of Sodom were Sodomites because they lived there. People who are sodomites now are so called because they engage in activities that people of Sodom partook. Therefore, they are like those of Sodom, or sodomites. Again, everyone understood this except for you

Again, EVERYONE understood my meaning except you.

Someone gave me a 10. :banana:

Goatweed Wrote:so is it vacation or vacationing?
I'd use "vacationing", but it probably isn't really a word. This is one of those cases where one can use silly preferences & create nouns or verbs from other parts of speech & still be understood, if not necessarily proper. To make words like "vacationed" & so on.

I could use some vacationing.

- drusilla - 03-23-2004

what the fuck people. you keep rehashing the same shit over & over again