CDIH
Bush : Takin Care Of Business - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Bush : Takin Care Of Business (/showthread.php?tid=8771)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Galt - 04-02-2004

why do people complain about cutting down trees as if that will result in losing forest? It's a business. What company would want to deplete thier resources?

Do you think that eating meat is going to deplete the cow population? No. There is demand so they create more supply to meet that demand.

We use trees as a resource and so companies will plant more trees to replenish that resource.

How can that be so difficult to understand?

Regarding oil, there is a problem with the supply. That's why prices are so high, and there's no sign of it changing. There are no new oil deposits that have been untapped, and none to be found, so the current fields are less productive and that more difficult areas that haven't been tapped are more expensive to farm. It is a problem. Not short term; but yeah 50-100 years.

- GonzoStyle - 04-02-2004

who cares what happens in a 100 years and I think the saudi's playing cock tease is what's fuckin up oil prices. The saudi's are like a skanky bitch wearing a shirt so short it's basically a scarf but she's just teasin the pussy.

- Arpikarhu - 04-03-2004

since i answered glat and he did not reply, i will assume that my answer spanked him into submission.

as to the tree thing. when you cut down trees you destroy the habitat in the area. you arent just cutting down a tree, you are destroying homes and food for countless creatures. it also destroys the soil and creates countless other difficulties. yes you can grow a new one but it does not replace what has been destroyed. you perfectly demonstrate the phrase, "cant see the forest for the trees".

- GonzoStyle - 04-03-2004

no wonder he named bland, tree.

fuckin hippie.

- Arpikarhu - 04-03-2004

dont get me wrong, i feel that alaska drilling should be done and a few other things but to say lets cut down trees cause we can grow new ones is a simplistic and ignorant view.

In lord of the rings the trees talked, it was cool.

- Kid Afrika - 04-03-2004

[Image: post-13-75420-oil.gif] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

According to the "Oil & Gas Journal", North America is a distant second to the middle east as far as reserves of crude oil.

Originally when I read this thread I too thought that we should just tap into our reserves in NA rather than be held financial hostage by the middle east. But, in retrospect, maybe it's better that we deplete the resource of a country that dwarfs our reserve and uses about 1/100th (if that) of the amount of crude oil that we consume. It's funny how the fact can skew an argument.

Edited By Kid Afrika on 1080975683

- Keyser Soze - 04-03-2004

...or we could just take over their country and steal it.

- crx girl - 04-03-2004

trees take a very long time to grow. we have alternatives to oil now, we know it's going to run out eventually/pretty soon, depending on your perspective. why are so many people against using the alternatives and/or making them more available. i know if i ever actually buy a new car i'll definitely look into a hybrid because really, what are the reasons not to?

and as for who cares about what happens in a hundred years, do you really feel that way? i know some of you are into history, you care about what happend a hundred years ago, or 200. so, what's the difference about wondering what might happen in the future and giving a shit?

Hybrids are too emotional and eventually quit on you.

- Goatweed - 04-03-2004

I get jokes :lol:

- Splatterpunk - 04-03-2004

crx girl Wrote:trees take a very long time to grow. we have alternatives to oil now, we know it's going to run out eventually/pretty soon, depending on your perspective. why are so many people against using the alternatives and/or making them more available. i know if i ever actually buy a new car i'll definitely look into a hybrid because really, what are the reasons not to?

and as for who cares about what happens in a hundred years, do you really feel that way? i know some of you are into history, you care about what happend a hundred years ago, or 200. so, what's the difference about wondering what might happen in the future and giving a shit?
All of this is excellent thinking in my opinion. I know how much that means to you, crx girlie. MWAH!

I also appreciate Arpi's much more enlightened thoughts on ecology & habitat along with these. I'm surprised every time someone says they don't give a shit about the state of ecology or protecting endangered habitats and species.

It's irreversible, when you scare animals out of the habitat or change it forever. I'd rather ream out one of you morons and turn your scalp into a purse. What kind of asshole thinking this is is beyond me. Why would you want to allow something like that to happen? People who ignore it or don't care about issues like this ought to be dragged into the street and shot and skinned and turned into shoes.

Arpi gets 10 excellence points and so does crx cause I said so. No, I am not serious. Yes, this is a little jokey at my own expense. tee hee hee.

Fuck you. :banana:

- Splatterpunk - 04-03-2004

When I say Arpi's much more enlightened thinking along with these thoughts of crx's, what iI mean is these thoughts are much more enlightened than, say, Galt's, or the I-don't-give-a-fuck sort.

I like it when people stand up for unpopular real things like this. Good on ya's!

I don't give a shit about the state of ecology or protecting endangered habitats and species.

- Keyser Soze - 04-04-2004

she got all excited and started typing like she was in a 4th grade schoolyard scrap.

- GonzoStyle - 04-04-2004

Hey god said we are supposed to rule over all the animals and who are you to question the word of the lord!!!

- Arpikarhu - 04-04-2004

he also said "blessed are the meek" and we all know the meek can go fuck themselves. why should we listen to anything else he has to say?

The meek are gonna make a comeback you watch.

- Galt - 04-04-2004

The only ok environmentalists are the extremists. Everyone is hypocritical. Mankind farms animals, plants, whatever as resources for pretty much everything it produces.

Unless you are going to avoid essentially everything manmade, you are a hypocrite.

Fuck the animals. I'm at the top of the foodchain and I honestly don't care if the animals we can't use go extinct, and the trees that don't make good wood are all chopped down.

I don't recycle.