CDIH
The Sopranos - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Sopranos (/showthread.php?tid=12665)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: The Sopranos - Gooch - 06-12-2007

Galt Wrote:
Gooch Wrote:the big rumor is:
all three men at that restaurant were there to kill Tony....

The guy at the bar is credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past.

I call bullshit on all of this. This reeks of one of those mass emails on Snopes that everyone gets, seems like it makes sense, it's verifyable.

I say it's bollocks.

despite your smarts with numbers, you really are Archie Bunker with everything else.

Re: The Sopranos - Galt - 06-12-2007

I'm not picking on you tubby. I'm just saying that the "ohhhhh, everyone there was already in the show and three people were there to kill him" is rubbish.

Like I said, it's verifyable. If that's truly what happened, then we'll know shortly as people check it out that "interpretation" of the ending becomes mainstream fact because it's pretty easy to ask the actors if they had appeared in the show earlier.

Re: The Sopranos - Keyser Soze - 06-12-2007

The man at the counter was a pizza store owner who they plucked out of nowhere to appear on the final episode.

Re: The Sopranos - The Jays - 06-12-2007

He was the owner of Pizzaland, and is there to kill Tony for always driving past, yet never stopping in for a slice.

Re: The Sopranos - Gooch - 06-12-2007

Galt Wrote:I'm not picking on you tubby. I'm just saying that the "ohhhhh, everyone there was already in the show and three people were there to kill him" is rubbish.

Like I said, it's verifyable. If that's truly what happened, then we'll know shortly as people check it out that "interpretation" of the ending becomes mainstream fact because it's pretty easy to ask the actors if they had appeared in the show earlier.

i know. i just noticed you sounded like Archie.

and yes, just b/c a bunch of emails get bandied about doesn't make it so. And even if David Chase was having fun bringing in all those people who wanted to kill Tony...he still ended it on a open note. He just gave depth to multiple interpretations...and that little details that make uber fans go nuts.

Fact is, people will be talking about this series ending for days on end...and watching the end over and over aagin. AND...for a shitty season with only two good episodes...and a lackluster season last year...they went out pretty damn well in spite of it. The Sopranos last season DVD with the alternative ending and David Chase interviews will be the top Xmas-time gift this coming season.

Re: The Sopranos - Keyser Soze - 06-13-2007

exactly....for all the bitching, its way more fodder for discussion than any neat little ending they could have gone with.

Re: The Sopranos - The Jays - 06-13-2007

I gots not time for discussion, I need this shit wrapped up so I can fully commit to Big Love.

Re: The Sopranos - GonzoStyle - 06-13-2007

I'm done with HBO sundays until The Wire & Deadwood come back.

Re: The Sopranos - Galt - 06-13-2007

When is The Wire coming back?

Re: The Sopranos - Goatweed - 06-13-2007

where can I download all the eps for The Wire?

Re: The Sopranos - GonzoStyle - 06-13-2007

where you download every other tv show, come on gizmo!

wire usually premieres around september and rumor is Avon Barksdale is comin back!!!

Re: The Sopranos - funsnapsdyno - 06-14-2007

edit - meant to say I Just watched the tape

I will agree that the ending had me on edge more so than ever.. I really felt the anxiety so Chase did something right. I heard there was no conclusion so I expected to be left hanging, just didn't know when.. and the Phil scene wasn't a surprise for me either

Re: The Sopranos - lush - 06-14-2007

You don't say?

Re: The Sopranos - Goatweed - 06-14-2007

watched the tape? who the fuck records on tape anymore?

Re: The Sopranos - The Jays - 06-14-2007

People who don't order HBO with their cable.

Re: The Sopranos - funsnapsdyno - 06-14-2007

I will not explain myself to goatweed aka spoiler of television shows.

Re: The Sopranos - TheGMANN - 06-14-2007

GonzoStyle Wrote:I'm done with HBO sundays until The Wire & Deadwood come back.

I think thats it for Deadwood. I heard something like they're gonna make a 2hr movie or something like that to wrap up the loose ends.

Re: The Sopranos - Goatweed - 06-14-2007

correct.

Re: The Sopranos - Gooch - 06-14-2007

funsnapsdyno Wrote:I will not explain myself to goatweed aka spoiler of television shows.

you bring out the best in him

Re: The Sopranos - The Sleeper - 06-15-2007

they are filming the wire right now so i'd guess the season won't air til sometime next year