CDIH
Bush : Takin Care Of Business - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Bush : Takin Care Of Business (/showthread.php?tid=8771)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Splatterpunk - 04-04-2004

I flew off the swingset in 4th grade. You snap the chains if you go too high, that's pretty dangerous. I still might sue.

- Goatweed - 04-04-2004

I would've paid good money to see that.

- diceisgod - 04-04-2004

I saw this documentary on a college station about a bunch of treehuggers (in Oregon i think) and they camped on a road to prevent loggers getting by and cutting down some particular forrest area ( i forget the name). They were freaks they would chain themselves to loggin trucks, cement themselves to the road, go on hunger strikes that would last months. It was a pretty interesting show.

- Mad - 04-05-2004

Have you seen the tree sitters? Those nut jobs lived in the trees for weeks at a time. Wacky tree huggers. They do have a point about the clean cutting though. It doesn't make sense to destroy the environment of renewable resources. That's just silly.

- diceisgod - 04-05-2004

They showed some tree sitters too in that show.

- Arpikarhu - 04-05-2004

Galt Wrote:The only ok environmentalists are the extremists. Everyone is hypocritical. Mankind farms animals, plants, whatever as resources for pretty much everything it produces.

Unless you are going to avoid essentially everything manmade, you are a hypocrite.

Fuck the animals. I'm at the top of the foodchain and I honestly don't care if the animals we can't use go extinct, and the trees that don't make good wood are all chopped down.
you are so edgy

- diceisgod - 04-05-2004

That's a hip thing to say.

- The Jays - 04-05-2004

Quote:The only ok environmentalists are the extremists. Everyone is hypocritical. Mankind farms animals, plants, whatever as resources for pretty much everything it produces.

The extremists are the ones who will kill people in order to get their point across. That's simply not ok. The only ok environmentalists are the ones who understand that what humans do affect the environment. We understand now that humans can alter the environment. And there are people, like environmental engineers, who can actually do good things for the environment.

We can do things like solar cars, some day. We can examine what the benefits and negatives that happen with such cars.

We can create areas that we can forest. Imagine a tower , like a parking garage, trees upon trees upon trees.

Trees arent the only fuel that can be grown. There are other plants that grow at rapid rates. Like bamboo, or woody grasses. they can even be used as building materials, as in Asia.

- Splatterpunk - 04-05-2004

diceisgod Wrote:They were freaks they would chain themselves to loggin trucks, cement themselves to the road, go on hunger strikes that would last months.
Imbeciles. Narcissists that think that anyone cares whether they starve, like their cause is that important to other people. I see a lot of "marches" with race as the focus of the narcissism and this makes me sick too. They could be doing something actually useful but it appears they'd rather the attention was all on themselves instead.

On the other hand I'll smack a human being cruel to an animal right upside the skull. I may get stomped into the ground then go directly to jail for it. That's not useful either, too much.

I am a moody girl.

- Keyser Soze - 04-05-2004

hemp!

- Splatterpunk - 04-05-2004

Hemp products make me very well-behaved.

- diceisgod - 04-05-2004

I wonder if these extremists realize that Charles Manson is one of the forefathers of their movement.

- Keyser Soze - 04-05-2004

sorry, i wasnt advocating hemp, i was just clearing my throat.

- I steal watermelons - 04-07-2004

Kid Afrika Wrote:[Image: post-13-75420-oil.gif] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

According to the "Oil & Gas Journal", North America is a distant second to the middle east as far as reserves of crude oil.

Originally when I read this thread I too thought that we should just tap into our reserves in NA rather than be held financial hostage by the middle east. But, in retrospect, maybe it's better that we deplete the resource of a country that dwarfs our reserve and uses about 1/100th (if that) of the amount of crude oil that we consume. It's funny how the fact can skew an argument.
I use for work for an oil company in northern Canada. What they are really talking about is Heavy Crude tar sand.

There is some 185 billion barrels in northern Alberta verus 220 billion in Saudi Arabia. The problem is that they are limited in the amount of Natural Gas and water they need to turn it into conventional crude oil. It very costly. I think production costs are around 18 dollars a barrell vs saudi light crude which are around 2 dollars a barrell.

The Alaska drilling issue?? Its pretty safe. When the rigs and pipelines move in and move out , its just like camping. Just leave it cleaner than you found it.

The problem isn't oil supply and much as oil prices. Oil companies don't care if they get the oil from Alaska or Iran. If they developed the Alaska oilfields, they would just cut back production somewhere else.

Till the communists are elected in Washington. We are all pretty much fucked.

- Doc - 04-07-2004

Quote:Till the communists are elected in Washington. We are all pretty much fucked.

So you're voting for Nader too. Shibby

And by the way, there is nothing funnier than reading the stories that come up every few years about a tree sitter who dies when they fall out of their tree stand. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor