CDIH
The looming transit strike - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The looming transit strike (/showthread.php?tid=10905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The looming transit strike - Goatweed - 12-14-2005

is this affecting anyone? The SIR isn't the same union and the Ferry isn't affiliated either so my commute doesn't change should a strike happen (aside from more assholes packing the train maybe). What about you?

- GonzoStyle - 12-14-2005

public transportation is for the birds

- Goatweed - 12-14-2005

chirp chirp

well except if you work in the city, that's just asking for trouble if you drive in.

Thats the burt mustond exception.

- Goatweed - 12-14-2005

my firm sent an email saying that people who need a car can get rentals through the travel dept, but to act fast 'cause the reservations are running out.

hurry or you'll get stuck with the lime green hatchback.

- Goatweed - 12-14-2005

this doesnt affect me, and I'd hate to have to drive into manhattan, let alone lower manhattan.

- Goatweed - 12-14-2005

and whats wrong with a lime green hatchback?

- The Jays - 12-14-2005

nothing at all, Mr. Leonard.

- Goatweed - 12-14-2005

I bet that was really Doomsday.

- Danked - 12-14-2005

I always used to get in trouble for repeating that day's Mr. Leonard Dirty Joke of the Day during homeroom in grade school. Sad

- Mad - 12-14-2005

You card.

- PatCooper - 12-14-2005

i'll be staying home if it happens. i work on 50th and 7th ave. live in S.I. Normally i take the bus to ferry and the train to work, so no bus no train no fucking work. My firm sent an email basically that you should attempt to come in if you cant then they will take your vacation time.

- Goatweed - 12-14-2005

thats fucked up, why should you have to eat vacation time over a fight you're not involved with?

- Mad - 12-14-2005

Over a thousand scabs have been hired and there will be a cop on every bus/train to protect them.

- The Jays - 12-14-2005

unions and monopolies are stupid

- Arpikarhu - 12-14-2005

The Jays Wrote:unions and monopolies are stupid

what a conflicting political veiwpoint this is.

- Danked - 12-14-2005

Mrs. Kolanbrander is stupid!

Those jokes were funny!

I think.... I didn't get many of them at the time.

- The Jays - 12-14-2005

Quote:"If Mayor Bloomberg wants to know what we think about this lawsuit, I'll show you what we think about this lawsuit right now," said Toussaint, who then delighted the crowd by ripping up a copy of the city's legal filing.

Quote:In addition to the TWU, which represents about 32,000 subway workers along with bus workers in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx, the MTA is also in contract talks with the Amalgamated Transit Union, which represents bus system employees who work on Staten Island and in Queens. Staten Island ATU members voted Monday to walk off the job if the larger TWU calls a strike.

- lush - 12-14-2005

My school will be closed if they strike. This means that all the finals are rescheduled for January. Fucking Retards. I'll be away.