CDIH
Cars - How have your tastes changed as you grow - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Cars - How have your tastes changed as you grow (/showthread.php?tid=1225)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Kid Afrika - 04-11-2002

I currently drive a Ford Escape, but my lease is up at the end of 2002 and I'm already thinking about what kind of car I would like to get next. I've had just about every type of car... big sedan, little econobox, lowrider, sport truck, etc.

As I get older, I find that my taste in cars has become more bland or perhaps refined. I no longer feel the need to have a fast car, or even a sporty car. I guess one could call it sensibility, but I don't know if I would go that far.

I'm considering either an F-150 or a Taurus for my next car. Both of which are rather boring vehicles, but they are also tried and true. They also have enough room in them for my big ol' ass.

What new car are you looking at? and why?

Oh, and my new car has to be either a ford or a dodge, because that's where I'll get the best hook up.

- Galt - 04-11-2002

I think my favorite Tupac song is Hit 'em Up.

- OAS - 04-11-2002

No, I still dislike big Cadillac Sedan DeVille's with padded roofs and curb feelers.

- LZMF1 - 04-11-2002

currently i drive a nissan frontier crew cab.

i'm thinking about going with a mercedes clk 230 as my next vhicle. why? because i can afford it and you can't beat that german engineering.

- Metalfan - 04-11-2002

The only reason I drive a Taurus is because its a safe, reliable family sedan. Fucking cried when I drove it home the first time.

- Maynard - 04-11-2002

Pimp Daddy K1d.

[Image: side01_full.jpg]

- Sluggo - 04-11-2002

Kid...The Taurus, while it's true, the car is boring, is a very well made vehicle.
Pick up trucks are almost a necessity these days, because you can't throw anything in the goddamn trash anymore...
You have to take it to the dump...
I've been looking at the Sierra C-3 myself...It's a KILLER street truck, and, my father in law managed two of the northern GM plants for over 20 years...
So thats where I'll get MY best hookup.

- Bondgirl - 04-11-2002

I used to like small cute 'girly' cars and I guess in a way I still do, cause I'd kill you all for an orange bug, but right now the car I have is for (and I hate to say this) practical reasons..my fiance works for GM so thus then I drive a GM car. I never saw myself as a Firebird kind of girl, but the t-tops rock

- kindred - 04-11-2002

I just got a new Impala...which is of no help to you since it's not a Ford or Dodge. But even though it's a boring sedan...it's a lot of fun to drive and I can pass all you slow fuckers blocking the left lane!

- Sloatsburgh - 04-11-2002

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'><table style=filter:glow(color=Red)>HEY, EVERYONE!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!</table></span>

- Ahlexus - 04-11-2002

My next car will be a Mercedes. I've wanted one since forever. Right now, the Lexus and Corvette are both very nice.. but I'd give them both in for the Benz.

- Metalfan - 04-11-2002

Hmmmm....the Firebird as a "practical" car.....whoda thunk that?? :crackhead:

- Sluggo - 04-11-2002

One other thing, Kid, If you're gonna get the truck...
Make sure you get at least a 3/4 ton...1/2's are just for driving, not hauling.

- Kid Afrika - 04-11-2002

sluggo, the only thing that bothers me about getting a truck is all of the "friends" that come with it. you know, hey Kid, I need to move something, can ya bring the truck over?

- LZMF1 - 04-11-2002

kid, there is a simple solution to that problem. tell them to go scratch!!! that's what i do.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-11-2002

I like Durangos, they're not as clumsy looking as the Nav's and they cost a whole lot less.

- Sluggo - 04-11-2002

Kid...I believe all new Pick-up trucks come standard with a new phone # now...

- Luna - 04-11-2002

Right now, I drive a Lexus RX 300, but, that will be all over in December when my lease is up. It's been a great little SUV and if I had to, I would get another. I've been looking into the Lexus LX470 (the big one) mostley because having a little more interior space would benefit me at this point but, I am also concerned about the future of our gas prices (if you know what I mean).

Why Lexus? Dealing with the service and sales dept. has been an exceptional experience for me and they make a great product.

- LZMF1 - 04-11-2002

luna the RX470 is a very nice ride
the RX300 is a bit too small and cutesy

- Spitfire - 04-11-2002

I have a Mazda Protege, it's a good, reliable car, doesn't need a tune-up for 50,000 but I have 3 years left in my lease and I'm fucking bored with it

I WANT A JEEP!!!!! Wrangler, sport...or a Ford F-250 (or 150 if you can get it with an extended cab)