CDIH
Wrestling, not entertainment pays off. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Wrestling, not entertainment pays off. (/showthread.php?tid=2350)

- GonzoStyle - 06-28-2002

The match tonight between Angle and the new rookie Cena is what wrestling is about. Sometimes you need to go back to the original formula to bring your product back to the top. With more technical wrestling matches and less "entertainment" maybe the WWE can get back up from the rut they been stuck in. Undertaker is the icon in the WWE right now. HHH is the game and Rock is their best entertainer. But Kurt Angle is at the point of being all 3 combined, I have to tip my hat to angle. Austin always bitched about not wanting to work with people and not wanting to do this and that.

Undertaker is one of the best examples of an established star who always was willing to job or get someone over no matter who. Rock will also job for most anyone when he must. Hogan has only recently learned. HHH is another one who talks mad shit backstage and in production meetings and is not well liked. Rock can't give enough time anymore. Taker is not getting younger. But Angle is one of the best workers they have now, one of their best characters and is now on path to be the leader of the WWE in the future. Maybe Austin leaving was not a bad thing after all. You now have a chance to bring in new talent like Cena and push future stars like edge, lesner, van dam, etc.

Vince has been told his product was dead many times. Yet in the end we all bow to his genius, so get your kneepads ready cause I think the WWE is finally goin in the right direction. Get ready to bow to his mighty schmekel once more.

- Jack - 06-28-2002

True dat... true dat.

I sincerely hope that they keep up the recent good work. After watching the NWATNA pay per views the past 2 weeks (The first sucked, the second was much better and yes I know that they were taped the same night) I was ready to drop the WWE and just watch the NWA. The x-title division in just one match has me hooked. The wrestlers were doing some crazy shit and I can see Joey Styles and Jerry Lynn having one hell of a feud.

- Sean Cold - 06-28-2002

Quote:The wrestlers were doing some crazy shit and I can see Joey Styles and Jerry Lynn having one hell of a feud.

Wait a minute, wasn't Joey Styles the worthless hyper active four eyed announcer from ECW? He is wrestling now? God, if he is, the WWE really needs to lay off some talent.

- Skitchr4u - 06-28-2002

different joey styles sean...actually, i thought it was a.c. styles or something like that...

wwe has been good lately, more matches, less talking on both raw and smackdown...i for one am glad austin is gone, and i didn't think i would feel that way before it happened

- Jack - 06-29-2002

Quote:Wait a minute, wasn't Joey Styles the worthless hyper active four eyed announcer from ECW? He is wrestling now? God, if he is, the WWE really needs to lay off some talent.

My bad.. I meant AJ Styles..

- CrimsonKing - 06-29-2002

Cena looked awesome out there. Did too many pin attempts, but other than that it was a great match.

- Skitchr4u - 07-01-2002

pin attempts = ring psychology...something most up and coming guys in the wwe don't have

- GonzoStyle - 07-02-2002

Raw wasn't off the charts but it seemed better, I missed the first hour. But it looks like a step in the right direction atleast, I think RVD & lesner will both benefit off eachother in their match up.

- Hybrid - 07-02-2002

i thought it was decent. the ladder match was pretty cool.