CDIH
Dreamcast gaming goodness - Mmm...swirly - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Dreamcast gaming goodness - Mmm...swirly (/showthread.php?tid=380)

- AdolescentMasturbator - 02-10-2002

Has anybody else bought a dreamcast. I saw the extremely cheap price tag(50-60 bucks) and then saw that I could download every game and burn to cdr and have it work without hardware modifications and that just sealed the deal. This is one sweet machine. I can't believe that Sega gave up on it. Buy one while you can they are already hard to find.

- Kid A - 02-10-2002

Holy late news flash, Batman!!!

You sooooooooo slept on this one AM. I'm disappointed in you.

Hey I'm a latebloomer and I would certainly not have a bought a dead unsupported system at 100+.

- Danked - 02-10-2002

first you say...
Quote:then saw that I could download every game and burn to cdr and have it work without hardware modifications and that just sealed the deal.
then you say...
Quote:I can't believe that Sega gave up on it.

Danked Wrote:first you say...
Quote:then saw that I could download every game and burn to cdr and have it work without hardware modifications and that just sealed the deal.
then you say...
Quote:I can't believe that Sega gave up on it.
Actually rampant piracy allows for more acceptance. Look at microsoft office and lotus notes. Lotus notes was superior but hard to pirate while office was not. Look what's popular.

- Hybrid - 02-10-2002

i dont think stores even carry dreamcast anymore.

- Sephiroth - 02-10-2002

AdolescentMasturbator Wrote:blah blah blah....and then saw that I could download every game and burn to cdr and have it work without hardware modifications... blah blah blah and some other shit....
I expect a PM in my Inbox by tomorrow morning of where I can get such DC Goodness. KTHXBYE

- 82-1012268026 - 02-10-2002

Pfft... Dreamcast.

(Kicks His Under the Bed)

I haven't played mine in about 4 months, with all my games being pirated as well. However, I don't know why, I just lost interest in it extremely quickly. :drool:

- Hybrid - 02-10-2002

:: gives ree a flying elbow drop :: i'll take it, i always wanted to buy fire pro wrestling d.

Sonic 2 and Shenmue r0x0r. Now just got to get Shenmue 2. LOL I was getting Daytona USA 2001 until my hard drive fucking hit 0 bytes free.

- Keyser Soze - 02-10-2002

Not to mention you can get a high speed ethernet adapter for Dreamcast on eBay and use your Dreamcast as a WebTV type device. Shit you can even buy a keyboard and mouse for it on eBay. Not sure if anyone actually plays those games online or not but hey the equiptment is pretty cheap so its worth a look.

Too bad the fucking adapter costs as much as the DC itself. Too bad I'd really would have liked to play Phantasy Star Online.

- Maynard - 02-11-2002

OK, so my brother bought this system like a year ago, but then traded it in when PS2 came out. He didn't like it. Is it worth spending the money on the system then all the gameS?

- AdolescentMasturbator - 02-11-2002

It's like 50-60 bucks for system. 10-15 for memory card(VMU) and then you can basically burn all games to cdr. Simple as that.

- Gooch - 02-16-2002

As a FYI to my Dreamcast playing brethen...NHL 2K2, big disappointment. Choppy music, awful and super-repetitive announcing, no francise-mode, and even pauses where the cameras just sit waiting for faceoff for a minute or two. They really dropped the ball on this one, and just spewed it out to make a buck..b/c it's like they spent no time creating any depth or use. Oh yeah...trades, only one for one and no general manager. Gets a D+.

- Sean Cold - 02-17-2002

I just want Skies of Arcadia at this point. I checked a few stores but alas, since I wanted it, there was none to be had. I guess my lazy fuckin ass is going to have to learn how to "back up" my DC games now just so I don't have to wait for the Ps2 version of this game. Unless I am mistaken and this game was never released stateside, wich would make me an ass.

- PatCooper - 02-17-2002

My Dreamcast died abou 8 months ago. Fuck Sega. Now the piece of shit just sits out on the sun porch taking up space right next to the N64. And i really liked Shenmue and Resident Evil Veronica too.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 02-17-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:I just want Skies of Arcadia at this point. I checked a few stores but alas, since I wanted it, there was none to be had. I guess my lazy fuckin ass is going to have to learn how to "back up" my DC games now just so I don't have to wait for the Ps2 version of this game. Unless I am mistaken and this game was never released stateside, wich would make me an ass.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=923253">http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=923253</a><!-- m -->

You can buy it preowned for 25 there. I'm sure you could buy it somewhere else but /me is too lazy to look.