CDIH
Baseball approacheth - Who will win it all? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Baseball approacheth - Who will win it all? (/showthread.php?tid=406)

Pages: 1 2

- Arpikarhu - 02-12-2002

spring training is days away and i have a boner that would choke linda lovelace. personally, i think the yanks are almost a lock(oaklands pitching scares me). in the nl i think it will either be the braves or the dodgers. mets pitching and the potential for a large injured reserve list make it hard for me to consider them.

- Francine Banger - 02-12-2002

Im waiting until right before the season starts to give my official prediction, which are quite excellent by the way.

In 2000, before the season i predicted Yankees over Mets in 6 games. I was off by 1 game.

Last year I predicted Arizona over Yankees in 7 before the season, and was right on the money.

I voted for the Mets, because thats what Id like to see. And they do have a chance if the Pitchers come through.

- Galt - 02-12-2002

I say the top four are going to be Astros, Mets, Red Sox, Yankees.

Sox, Mets in world Series. Mets win yet again. Like Francine this opinion is set to change in spring training when I actually get an idea of whose got what.

Yes I understand "the Red Sox you're dreaming, 1918 blah blah blah" But with four major injuries last year, they were still in the play off hunt. Where would the Yankees have been without Posada, Clemens, Bernie Williams, and Jeter for the majority of the year? New ownership, a new manager will be forthcoming, healthy stars, a true leadoff hitter, and an aging Yankee team, make me thing that (yes, I'm a retard) This could be their year.

The Astros pitching staff is fucking retarded (which = good), and Alou to Ward isn't a major dropoff. They've got a ton of young talent, and mid-season they'll be able to make some good trades to shore up their holes.

The Mets pitching staff is going to be better than any of you dreamed. Chen, Astacio, Estes are all better than average. Astacio will have a better year than Chan Ho Park. Their pitching staff is better this year than it was last year, and their offense is the best in baseball. I don't know how people could not pick the Mets to win it all.

- Keyser Soze - 02-12-2002

I'm going to try to be as objective as possible here, which could be damn near impossible being that i'm a die hard Mets fan. I've heard every excuse why the Mets aren't the team to beat this year and it pathetic how people want to try to cut them down, playa hating and all.

1) The Mets can save on air conditioning with all the whiffing taking place with Piazza, Vaughn, and Burnitz.

2) Question marks about Vaughn and Astacio's health.

3) Well they are the Mets, you have to come up with reasons why they won't win.

Every year its the same old song. Well i'm going to tell you why the Mets will win it all.

A) 1 thru 9 nobody has a better lineup. Burnitz is our #7 batter for christsake.

B) Our pitching is above average, not stellar, not world beaters, above average. Even if our lineup has average seasons all around they would more than hold up enough of the weight to get this staff through.

C) Defense. The best infield in baseball is back. Watching Ordonez and Alomar work their magic will truly be drool inducing.

D) A legitimate leadoff batter who steals tons of bases.

The Cardinals will win the central, Giants will win the west. The Atlanta will get the wild card.

In the AL, the Yanks will again dominate. I hate the Yanks but I respect their tremendous will to win. In the central im gonna go with the sentimental favorite, the Minnisota Twins. I think it would be great to see them spit in Bud Selig and hell even the owner's face by putting on a great season and drawing lots of fans. Fucking corporations are ruining baseball. But i digress, Oakland will win the west and Seattle and Texas will battle it out for the wild card, ultimately Texas will win.

Yanks and Mets meet again in a rematch of the 2000 subway series.

NL MVP: Mike Piazza, the protection will allow him to reach heights he never could have dreamed.

NL Cy Young: Schilling, he will distinquish himself from the big unit.

NL ROY: So Taguchi, Ichiro's teammate in Japan.

AL MVP: Jason Giambi, will make Yankee Stadium his playground

AL Cy Young: Mark Mulder, will give batters fits this year.

AL ROY: Esteban German, put up some nice numbers in AAA, good leadoff guy, steals a ton of bases

Mets beat the Giants in 4 and Atlanta beats the Cards in 5 the DS. Mets beat Atlanta in the NLCS in 5 games.

Yanks beat Oakland in a tight 5 game series, Twins continue a magical season as they whoop Texas in 4. Yanks beat Twins in 4.

Mets beat the Yanks in a classic 7 game series.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 11 2002 at 11:33

- Francine Banger - 02-12-2002

Burnitz is our #6 hitter, not #7.

Here is the probable Opening Day Lineup for the Mets.

1. Roger Cedeno LF
2. Roberto Alomar 2B
3. Mike Piazza C
4. Mo Vaughn 1B
5. Edgardo Alfonzo 2B
6. Jeromy Burnitz RF
7. Jay Payton CF
8. Rey Ordonez SS
9. Al Leiter P

- Sean Cold - 02-12-2002

Quote:8. Rey Ordonez SS
9. Al Leiter P

The one problem is you have two automatic outs right there. Big time rally killers.

- Ants in My Pants - 02-12-2002

Quote:1. Roger Cedeno LF
2. Roberto Alomar 2B
3. Mike Piazza C
4. Mo Vaughn 1B
5. Edgardo Alfonzo 2B
6. Jeromy Burnitz RF
7. Jay Payton CF
I'm so fucking hard right now. Somebody hold me.

- Galt - 02-12-2002

Actually, now that I think if it, the Rangers probably have a better lineup than the Mets right now. It's close, but not having Ordonez and a pitcher throw them over the top.

2B Frank Catolanaldo
C Ivan Rodriguez
SS Alex Rodriguez
1B Rafael Palmeiro
RF Juan Gonzalez
CF Carl Everett
LF Rusty Greer
DH Gabe Kapler
3B Mike Lamb

However, my next prediction is that come July when the Rangers are again about 10-15 games out of wild card contention, they will have a major firesale with Palmeiro, Ivan, Greer and a few others gone (shit maybe Everett again)

- DGW - 02-12-2002

Yanks and Houston in the World Series

Roy Oswalt NL Cy Young
Tim Hudson AL Cy Young

Sammy Sosa NL MYP
Alex Rodriguez AL MVP

Josh Beckett NL Rookie of the Year
AL is a fucking toss up

Although its not fair to compare a team that has the luxury of a DH to an NL team, even without the DH I still think the Rangers have a better lineup than the Mets. The Rangers have the best lineup in baseball.

The difference is the Mets have above average, not great, above average pitching while the Rangers outside of Chan Ho Park who do they have? Kenny Rodgers? Todd Van Poppel?? Please.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 12 2002 at 09:38

- DGW - 02-12-2002

What about Dave Burba?? And Hideki Irabu and Ismael Valdes???? :lol:

- Spitfire - 02-12-2002

:peeks into sports: I never post because you guys know so much more as far as stats and things go (how the hell do you keep all that info in your brains! ??? )

Once again, The Mets look good on paper...but right now, that's better than the Yanks are looking

Who's gonna play Right Field for the Yankees?
I expect fatty Wells to be back pitching phenomenally...I'm worried about Giambi's defense but he better hit at least 40/50 HR's

Who's gonna be the first to start up a FB league? :bouncer:

As soon as Yahoo starts offering Fantasy Baseball registration, i'm sure myself or someone else here will get a CDIH league up and running.

I'm thinking a head to head league with an offline auto draft determined by a list of players you have preranked. Unless of course we can decide upon a certain time everyone is available to draft which is nearly impossible.

Any thoughts?

- NaughtyAngel - 02-12-2002

yanks baby!

im gonna miss tino Sad

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-12-2002

Francine Banger Wrote:Last year I predicted Arizona over Yankees in 7 before the season, and was right on the money.
I still haven't forgiven you for that! Sad

I will be totally honest and say I don't pay much attention to the National Leauge during the regular season, so I will say nothing about them. And I will be an optimistic Yankee fan and say that the Yankees will win it all this year....but even if they don't at least they got me back my Boomer! Smile :bouncer:

The one thing I really do worry about with the Yanks this year is their ability to play like a team...there are a lot of new faces and big names, I just hope they can all mesh well and play for the team and not for themselves.

- Sean Cold - 02-13-2002

PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:at least they got me back my Boomer! Smile :bouncer:
Holy shit, did he fall asleep on you too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-13-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:Holy shit, did he fall asleep on you too? :lol: :lol: :lol:
New board new jokes?! :eatme:

- Sean Cold - 02-13-2002

sorry, but like tee ball, it was there so i hit it.

Talk about getting your panties in a fuckin bunch! :0

- PollyannaFlower46 - 02-13-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:Talk about getting your panties in a fuckin bunch! :0
:disappointed: How will I ever prove I'm not a walking bottle of Unisom?

- Cluster F - 02-13-2002

Oh hell yeah, the baseball juices are flowing in my veins once again, and this is the year that the Mets will win it all. It takes a lot to win a chamionship, skill and luck. The biggest question in my mind is the bullpen. Weathers is good, but he has to show me that he can do well in New York as a setup guy for Benitez. And Benitez better not suck this year. The Braves, Cards, and DBacks are the teams to beat for the Mets, and i am confident that the Mets will get the job done, and play the Boston Red Sox in the World Series, and defeat them in 6. But i'll give an "official" prediction during spring training.