CDIH
Racing Games - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Racing Games (/showthread.php?tid=5350)

- Maynard - 02-20-2003

I Looooooove racing games. But they have to be realistic. The best I've ever played was Gran Trourismo. 3 was the best, but 2 was pretty Damn good as well. Well, I've found one that's as good. I love watching rally racing, and now they've got a game that's as good as Gran Tourismo and the cars ACTUALLY drive like rally cars. Not like the shit in Gran Tourismo.

It's called ProRally. I have it for GameCube, but my brother has played it on X-Box and said it's just as good. If you like racing games, you HAVE to try this game out.

I really like the fact that you can crash and flip in this too. Except you can't blow up, and the car doesn't actually show the damage, but you can get so much damage that your car won't drive anymore.

To make this game awesome, there's only 2 things they need to add (In my opinion). They should make upgrades like in Gran Tourismo. You can't do that here, but you can change your cars configuration (brakes, tires, differential, etc.). And they should add crash damage to the cars.

Other than that, I think this game is Damn near perfect.

I give it :fuggin: :fuggin: :fuggin: :fuggin: :fuggin: out of a possible 5 fuggin's.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 02-20-2003

Bring back Turbo.....Although it's not really in the racing genre, I am a real big fan of the Twisted Metal series.

- Skitchr4u - 02-20-2003

pole position was the best game ever

- Danked - 02-20-2003

Mariokart was classic stoner quality enjoyment back in high school.

- Skitchr4u - 02-20-2003

it still is danked, it still is

- Danked - 02-20-2003

I miss those days though.

All my Mariokart buddies moved so far far far away.

We dust off the N64 whenever they roll back into town.

- LyricalGomez - 02-20-2003

Did you ever play Goldeneye? My stoner friends claimed it was the ultimate experience when playing it high

- Danked - 02-20-2003

Perhaps in Multiplayer mode. We can be quite ruthless when stoned.

Single player was just sweet in general.

- LyricalGomez - 02-20-2003

Yeah, multiplayer with lasers was what they usually wound up playing

- Maynard - 02-20-2003

Is Goldeneye the one you can play with paintballs?

- Danked - 02-20-2003

I think it had a paintball cheat, yes, but there's a lot of FPS give you that option.

Perfect Dark was a solid effort on the part of Rare to duplicate the success of Goldeneye. I liked it better in fact. The multiplayer had all sorts of simulants you could program to make them certain difficulties with unique battle strategies. While one would just run around avoiding conflict and hoarding all the decent weapons, another would play by an eye for an eye philosophy only retaliating when attacked, even when struck by friendly fire by it's own teammate. I'd like to see that available for more non-online multiplayer FPSs.

- LZMF1 - 02-20-2003

i'm all about playing console games online now.

twisted metal black online is sweet.

auto modellista is going to be sweet as Hell if they can fix their server problems.

moto gp on xbox live is cool as Hell.

i have yet to even play a game on the game cube.

i'll rent ProRally for the XBOX and give it a whirl.

- QuickStop - 02-21-2003

gamespot says prorally is crappy. Iv'e heard the WRC games are better

- Kid Afrika - 02-22-2003

Rallisport Challenge for PC = More Gooder.

- Maynard - 02-22-2003

I don't care what gamespot says. I'ma racing game fan and critic and I say it's good. Fuck them.