CDIH
The Ring - Yeah ok, so I'm a year or so late - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Ring - Yeah ok, so I'm a year or so late (/showthread.php?tid=5456)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 03-05-2003

But I rarely get to the theater anymore.

This movie made me poop my pants. Holy hanna!

- Danked - 03-05-2003

I didn't like it.

- Maynard - 03-05-2003

What didn't you like about it?

I actually thought it was well done. And I didn't really know too much about it before I saw it, so it was suspenseful and scarrry.

- Ken'sPen - 03-05-2003

I saw it on a plane,
the guy next to me screamed.

- ftard - 03-13-2003

Actually the Japanese one was better, far scarier. Instead of the horses dying, all the children died. If you can get a copy of that, you will really see how pussified this country is compared to some of the Japanese horror movies. Anyone see a movie called Cairo??

- Keyser Soze - 03-13-2003

Isn't it a trilogy or something in Japan?

- LyricalGomez - 03-13-2003

Quote:Actually the Japanese one was better, far scarier. Instead of the horses dying, all the children died.

If that spoils the movie for me I will hunt you down and castrate you with a rusty knife.

Quote:Isn't it a trilogy or something in Japan?

Kinda, there's a Ringu 0, Ringu and Ringu 2

There is also an unofficial sequel to Ringu called Rasan or something like that. If my connection didn't constantly die and I had a decent upload I'd put Ringu up somewhere for download.

- Sweet Angel - 03-13-2003

Where can you get the Japanese version? The Ring scared me like I haven't been scared in a long time.

- LyricalGomez - 03-13-2003

Well I got it through SA for free, but you can buy it from Amazon if you really want it, I haven;t watched it yet because I've been busy and I wanted to watch it uninterrupted, but I'm told it is far, far superior to the American one as far as the scare factor.

Ringu

- crx girl - 03-14-2003

i just saw it. i thought it was alright, but nothing special.

- Teenweek - 03-14-2003

My favorite part was the tv part. Angel, Ringu came out on dvd the same day as the ring. You can see it at blockbuster or buy it just about anywhere.

- Sweet Angel - 03-14-2003

Quote:You can see it at blockbuster or buy it just about anywhere.

Ah, and here I thought I'd have to go to Japan. Am I brave enough to watch it though? Is it in Japanese?

- Teenweek - 03-14-2003

Ringu description at blockbuster

- GonzoStyle - 03-15-2003

It was an interesting idea but everyone was talking about how scary this movie was, I didn't see it. It wasn't the least bit scary, there was nothing in it that was frightening in the least bit.

When the lady killed the kid that was sweet though, the rock to the back of the head was pimp.

- Rape Fantasizer - 03-15-2003

Not scary at all, and I thought it had a good idea, but they couldn have done more with it.

- PatCooper - 03-16-2003

I saw it last week and didn't think it was scary either. Cool idea but just didn't capture me like everyone has been saying. I did like the scene at the end when she walks through the tv. that was some cool shit.

- LyricalGomez - 03-16-2003

I'm planning on watching both the American and Japanese ones tonight, I know you all anticipate my exciting reviews

- Skitchr4u - 03-23-2003

gomez, its been a week, where is the side by side comparison of them? should i bother watching the american version? or should i just go get the japanese version? little help here...

- LyricalGomez - 03-23-2003

Oh yeah, forgot about it

The Japanese one is lightyears ahead of the American one. See both only to realise how badly they fucked up the american one.

- drusilla - 04-11-2003

i might not be able to sleep tonight. this movie creeped me out. i am such a wuss.

i might have to rent ringu though. just to redeem myself.

that, or piss my pants.