CDIH
So where's all the weapons of mass destruction? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: So where's all the weapons of mass destruction? (/showthread.php?tid=6232)

- GonzoStyle - 05-05-2003

Can this war really be considered valid, worthy and a victory if there are no weapons found? I am getting pretty sick of the republicans saying "well even if there are no weapons, we still did a good thing."

The point was that saddam was a threat cause he was conceiving a mass arsenal of epic proportions that threatened the free world. Yes ousting him was a good thing but not with such a weak economy. The whole point was that the war was based on these weapons, yet there are none. There were none used and none found.

They had survelaince photos so they found them somehow before, where are they now? To say that he destroyed them all is ridiculous, they made it seem like he had an incredible amount just festering, how could he destroy all that in a few weeks without anyone noticing?

- IrishAlkey - 05-05-2003

Iraqi Freedom! :5:

You could tell how much western influence was festering there, as soon as they were free for 2 seconds they started looting.

- The Jays - 05-05-2003

... We must find weapons. That is of the upmost importance. Any kind of justification for not finding weapons will not be acceptable. If we do not find weapons, definitive evidence of their current location, or evidence that they destroyed weapons without UN approval, this war will be have been a failure, and a mark on this administration and the Republican party.

In laymans terms, we's gonna look like fuckin fools.

- HedCold - 05-05-2003

but what about all the iraqi babies we saved?

more suicide bombers for the next generation.

- Is Don on the phone? - 05-05-2003

Syria

- Jack - 05-05-2003

They are there.. just be patient. We will find (or fabricate) some, if not many.

- Arpikarhu - 05-05-2003

fabricate is more likely

- Ronin - 05-05-2003

iraq is a huge country.. it's not going to take a day to find WMD.. also, they could be underground.. they are there.. it's a matter of finding them.

- GonzoStyle - 05-06-2003

So basically the message is:

"Let's give the weapons inspectors more time to find the weapons of mass destruction"

hmm that sounds awful familiar.

- Teenweek - 05-06-2003

Quote:Let's give the weapons inspectors more time to find the weapons of mass destruction"

hmm that sounds awful familiar.

This team they have real weapons inspectors and not what the NY Post referred Hans Blix to as Mr. magoo. Also with no Hussein and Republican Guard they won't be moving them as soon as we get close to finding them. Yes, they destroyed a lot of them. They could be underground, they could be in SYria, they could be in Iran. Both are harboring Al Queda terrorists so what would stop them from hiding Iraqi chemical weapons.

- crx girl - 05-06-2003

Quote:Yes, they destroyed a lot of them. They could be underground, they could be in SYria, they could be in Iran.
or they could have just not existed in the first place. what then?...

- GonzoStyle - 05-09-2003

What is getting to me is this.

I supported the war here and to my friends and family. Because I agreed that he was not supposed to have WMD, the reasons have been discussed by me here ad naseum.

The point now is that it has been a while now and not a trace has been found. I was agitated when people said "you are just following bush blindly and anyone who speaks out against the war is 'un-american'"

Now I am kinda seeing their point, because to anyone whom I raise just the question of "what if" these weapons are not found. Right away they jump down my throat about it, that I am un-american. They say that saddam was evil anyway so it doesnt matter if there are no weapons.

Yet these are the same people who crucified Clinton for 2 years about "lying" to the public and "endangering" america cause of a personal matter. This is a lie that actually could endanger us, if he lied about this, it would in my eyes be an "impeachable" offense.

Yeah saddam was a bad man but the point was he was supposed to have weapons, that was the basis of the war. The whole freedom to iraquis was an after concern, it wasnt rasied at the UN. There are many others like saddam out there but are we gonna say "they have weapons" or concoct another falsehood and then say "oh well, my bad, it's allright he was a bad man anyway, doesn't matter".

I am begining to see what people have been saying, where is Usama, where is Saddam, where are the weapons, where is the relief for Afghanistan which is slowly going back to its old ways?

Yet we spend 10 times as much on investigating the shuttle disaster than we did on 9/11, what the fuck is going on?