CDIH
What'd ya do? - during the blackout - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What'd ya do? - during the blackout (/showthread.php?tid=7144)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Jays - 08-15-2003

I was at work, drawing as usual, and then Z100 faded in and out. I figured it was due to the shitty radios in the office that our jew boss has had for years, but as I went to fix it, the AC started grumbling, and then everything went out. I lost about 15 minutes of work, and then stayed at work for another hour drawing by hand, and then said fuck it and left.

Going home was interesting. It took me about the same amount of time to get from the north shore to the south, yet when I came to traffic lights, I found that people don't observe the rule of treating a down stoplight as a 4 way stop, so I had to hold my hand out the driver window, and honk my way through the intersection to ensure that people knew it was my turn to go. Fortunatly, the blvd. had a traffic cop there, so I wouldn't have to negotiate that 4 lane obstacle.

When I got home, it became pretty boring just sitting round with family. We sat outside, listening to the radio. I tried to use my cell phone, got through only a part of the time. The only person I was able to sucessfully IM on AIM was tricia.

Once the sun went down, I commenced with drinking beers. Down the block, people were lighting off fireworks. The deli was running on a generator, and was staying open all night to protect the cold cuts, and make a hella lot of money.

Me and my bro went down to the beach, and got to see a pretty good image of what the island looked like without the VZ bridge. We could see that NJ had power, but BK didnt.

Upon walking back to the hood, we saw a group of kids in front of us. One hot girl stood apart from the group and jumped into the headlight beams of a parked car, doing a lil dance. The car flashed its high beams, and with that, the girl pulled down her tube top and flashed some serious titties. Highlight of the night.

I sat round drinking for a bit, then decided to walk again and socialize with the neighborhood peeps. Ended up getting in on a cypher. Then I went home and passed out.

Later in the night, the power came back on, and I realized I probably had to work the next day. This morning was not fun, and the day was such a drag.

- QuickStop - 08-15-2003

power went out...we were all bored so we decided to just go to my uncles. his landlords have a nice in ground pool that they let him and us use so we hung out there til dark. then we went home.

my dad has a generator so we used that to watch some of the news on tv to see what was going on.

i tried to sleep but it was only 930 and had woken up at 1pm so that wasnt happening. i ended up just lying in my bed trying to sleep for hours. probably finally slept at 2am.

today we went back to my uncles house and hung out there til 6 630 or so.

- Keyser Soze - 08-15-2003

after work i went down to belmar. i pretty much escaped any semblance of a blackout yesterday. i heard all the stories from my friends who were caught in the city and how they went out drinking in hoboken last night. sounded like fun, maybe i shouldnt have been such a pussy.

- HedCold - 08-15-2003

i was at the staten island con ed building on davis st (or is it a blvd?)
their ac was broke, so i sat in front of a fan and talked to people i knew

- PatCooper - 08-15-2003

walked 2 hours from midtown to the ferry. Got home took a cold shower and drank s shit load of water. Got in the car and drove around staten island for abit. Stopped at my mom's to let her know i made it home. (since i had no phone service.) Had some cold pizza and a couple of beers. Came home listened to the news on the radio. Fell asleep around midnight. woke up at 2:00 a.m when the power came back. Turned on the AC and went back to sleep. Woke up at 4:45 a.m ready to go to work and found out the subways still weren't running. Went back to sleep.

Edited By PatCooper on 1060991578

- Mad - 08-15-2003

I was hanging with some friends smoking and shooting the shit. Power went down and after a couple of more bong hit's off to see what was causing the outage.

Surprised to hear that the whole Eastern Sea Board was down. Blamed the Canadians, MSBlaster and towel heads for causing the outage.

Hung with some dykes, kykes, coons and loons to boot. Chaos was in the air or maybe that was the Spic with to much cologne. Watched the ghetto mamma's with their hoard in toe. The cops rode around looking for some heads to bash. The pizzeria on the corner stayed open and was selling pies like crazy.

Watched X-Men2 on my laptop. Battery's held out till the end. Drove home in the dark. Light's were on then off. Some towns had electric only to get home to none.

- The Sleeper - 08-16-2003

Looted a Ben and Jerry's

- Hybrid - 08-16-2003

power went out. power came back on 10 minutes later. man i was roughing it for a while. i didnt know if i could hold on much longer.

- Galt - 08-16-2003

I watched TV and sat on the Internet.

- The Jays - 08-16-2003

...aftering taking the last two posts into consideration, it seems to me like the news media overhyped this huge outtage across the Northeast...

- HollywoodJewMoses - 08-16-2003

my stepdads apartment had power, so i was forced to go there and stay the night with my stepsister and all of her hot friends :21:

- The Sleeper - 08-16-2003

i had a dream last night that we had another softball game and you showed up, but here's the kicker, it was in a dunkin donuts! it was the coolest thing ever.

- LyricalGomez - 08-16-2003

I played Madden

- Goatweed - 08-16-2003

I was playing Enemy Territory when the power went (I was pissed 'cause I just made Major, too). Anyway, once I realized it was totally out I busted out the camping lanterns and the candles, and kinda just hung around. I had my portable CD player going with the news, managed to listen to a bunch of Symphony X cd's...did a lot of BBQ'ing and (slowly) made it into my pool for a while. All in all it wasn't bad at all, sure it was hot and whatnot but it's not like my life was in any danger. I met a few more neighbors too, they seemed nice.

- QuickStop - 08-16-2003

Quote:my stepdads apartment had power, so i was forced to go there and stay the night with my stepsister and all of her hot friends
i bet they were at prime age too...like 14 or something, right?

- Hoon - 08-16-2003

I was at work.
I work at a military airfield in Norther New York.
The base supplies i's own power.
I worked overtime and didn't know the power was out.
Drove home.
Ate a salami sandwich.
Cursed the Canadians.
Power came on.
Watched tv and took a shower.

- criticslovesnatch - 08-16-2003

I was on northern boulevard on long island, just starting to get on the road to go to MD, where today i had a job interview. the traffic lights went out and i almost got into about 5 accidents because idiots didn't know what to do. The cross bronx took me 3 hours, once i got into jersey traffic stopped being bad...and MD had power. Just got home about an hour ago. So yeah...the driving sucked, and thats all i did without power.

Edited By criticslovesnatch on 1061006042

they are all 17

- The Jays - 08-16-2003

17 is such a beautiful age...

it really is