CDIH
Deadwood - another reason why HBO rules - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Deadwood - another reason why HBO rules (/showthread.php?tid=8710)

- PeterDragon - 03-18-2004

Sunday HBO starts showing Deadwood.

I know promos are deceiving, but this show looks worthy of the network of The Sopranos and Oz.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/">http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/</a><!-- m -->

- Danked - 03-18-2004

I must admit it does look good. I'm definitely going to check it out.

- GonzoStyle - 03-27-2004

I missed the premire last sunday but caught the 1st episode yesterday and I must admit I liked it a lot. Most of the characters are very intruiging which is the strong point of most HBO shows, the characters are so well written and cast for the most part. The story seems interesting as well and I like stuff about the old west from the 1850-1890 period, this is set in 1876 at the dawn of the gold rush. It also features a historical character whom is very interesting in Wild Bill Hickock who was a lawman turned outlaw turned entertainer.

- PeterDragon - 03-28-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:I missed the premire last sunday but caught the 1st episode yesterday and I must admit I liked it a lot. Most of the characters are very intruiging which is the strong point of most HBO shows, the characters are so well written and cast for the most part. The story seems interesting as well and I like stuff about the old west from the 1850-1890 period, this is set in 1876 at the dawn of the gold rush. It also features a historical character whom is very interesting in Wild Bill Hickock who was a lawman turned outlaw turned entertainer.
While I agree that there are some good characters, the first ep went a bit slow i thought; like a good book it had a lot of background to set up.

It definitely has potential; let's see what this week brings.

- PatCooper - 03-28-2004

There was an article in the daily news about the first 3 episodes and it said all three are slowww...
But the like most character driven shows it takes a few to get the ball rolling.

- Gooch - 03-28-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:I missed the premire last sunday but caught the 1st episode yesterday and I must admit I liked it a lot. Most of the characters are very intruiging which is the strong point of most HBO shows, the characters are so well written and cast for the most part. The story seems interesting as well and I like stuff about the old west from the 1850-1890 period, this is set in 1876 at the dawn of the gold rush. It also features a historical character whom is very interesting in Wild Bill Hickock who was a lawman turned outlaw turned entertainer.
I had watched Wild Bill a few weeks back, and the only weakness to Deadwood is that Ketih Carradine seems a bit stiff when Jeff Bridges played it so well, in comparison. But the story and atmosphere of Deadwood is fascinating. Wild Bill Hickock's downward plunge, the dirty wheeling and dealing by a great Powers Boothe, and Tim Olyphant has great screen presence...though can he ever beat the great role as Todd Gaines in the movie GO?? Calamity Jane is cock kryptonite though. My cock seems to shrink everytime she's on screen. Wild Bill at least had her as Ellen Barkin. Obviously, Deadwood is more accurate...but damn,

- GonzoStyle - 03-28-2004

ya ignorant fuckin cunt.

- Gooch - 03-28-2004

you maybe more sexy to me than she is, gonzybaby.

- GonzoStyle - 03-28-2004

GIT ME A FOOKIN DRINK!!!

- Mister Grumpy Gills - 03-28-2004

I thought this thread was about gooch's penis

carry on

- Danked - 04-17-2004

Why did they kill off Hickock!!?!?!? He was my favorite character!!!

- GonzoStyle - 04-17-2004

Well hickocks murder is among the most infamous of the old west along with billy the kid and jesse james, so it was obviously bound to happen. I just didnt think his death would come so early in the season.

- Danked - 04-17-2004

He had to die to stay historically accurate, but I'm glad they gave him a few more episodes. They're allowed to take a few fictional liberaties. Carradine did a fanatastic job in that role.

He really did, honestly almost everyone has been pretty good in their roles, though ofcourse some stand out more than others.

- Danked - 04-17-2004

Swearingen will be remembered as one of the greatest villains ever on TV.

Agreeded but he's so scrumtrulecent in his role, its so hard to hate him.

- Gooch - 04-18-2004

Wild Bill's death was as sudden, senseless and abrupt as it was in real life, per accounts.

- GonzoStyle - 04-18-2004

I saw the episode but missed the actual part where he gets shot I did see everything else afterwards though. His death was very abrupt and it was more shocking how he died more than the fact that he died, pitiful and over petty nonsense.

- PeterDragon - 04-21-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:I saw the episode but missed the actual part where he gets shot I did see everything else afterwards though. His death was very abrupt and it was more shocking how he died more than the fact that he died, pitiful and over petty nonsense.
True,
but it seemed inevitable to me. You could see how tired he had become knowing everyone wanted to gun him down for stupid reasons. Just the fact that he was sitting with his back to the door made him seem suicidal.