CDIH
I could go for a "Does God exist?" debate - What do you think? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I could go for a "Does God exist?" debate - What do you think? (/showthread.php?tid=9267)

Pages: 1 2

- Sir O - 08-18-2004

n/t

- QuickStop - 08-18-2004

probably not

- Zootybang - 08-18-2004

all signs point to "no"

- crx girl - 08-18-2004

not so much. but then sir o throws so many of my feelings into his posts i don't even have to bother

- Galt - 08-18-2004

If George W. Bush believes in God, then that's proof enough for me.

- Keyser Soze - 08-18-2004

yeah, well who created the big bang!

God exists, just not in the traditional sense.

- The Sleeper - 08-18-2004

Science Of Myth
if you've ever question beliefs that you hold you're not alone but you oughtta realize that every myth is a metaphor in the case of christianity and judaism there exist the belief that spiritual matters are enslaved to history the buddhists believe that the functional aspects override the myth while other religions use the literal core to build foundations with see half the world sees the myth as fact while it's seen as a lie by the other half and the simple truth is that it's none of that and somehow no matter what the world keeps turning somehow we get by without ever learning science and religion are not mutually exclusive in fact for better understanding we take the facts of science and apply them and if both factors keep evolving then we continue getting information but closing off possibilities makes it hard to see the bigger picture consider the case of the women whose faith helped her make it through when she was raped and cut up left for dead in a trunk her beliefs held true it doesn't matter if it's real or not cause some things are better left without a doubt and if it works then it gets the job done somehow no matter what the world keeps turning

that was the longest run on sentance ever

- Mad - 08-18-2004

God should smite him for that run on sentence.

- Goatweed - 08-18-2004

I think there is a "God", or in a better sense a "higher being" of sorts. But I don't believe in the whole "go to church to worship a god" thing, no. A lot, if not all, religion today was contrived by men back in the day as a form of control, and used tales & parables to explain the unexplainable. Since it lasted for so long, it just became accepted as fact and even history.

some entity had to create something from nothing.

- Black Lazerus - 08-18-2004

Either there is some type of higher being or this planet is extremely lucky.

- Galt - 08-18-2004

It's a cosmic coincidence just like the billions of other planets in the universe that are millions of light years away from us who also have some form of lifeform

- GonzoStyle - 08-18-2004

If god doesn't exist those passion of the christ people are gonna mighty upset.

- diceisgod - 08-18-2004

If there is a God he is a yankees fan and if there is a Satan he owns a Pat Burrell jersey.

- Kid Afrika - 08-19-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:some entity had to create something from nothing.
and what/who created that entity?

I know two things...

I'll probably never know if there is a god.

No god would support organized religion. NONE.

- GonzoStyle - 08-19-2004

be more specific, which god are we talking about?

there's so many to choose from.

This Allah guy seems like he means business tho.

- QuickStop - 08-19-2004

that dudes a pimp with all those fine ass virgin bitches runnin around all over his afterlife. shit, all the christian god has is pearly gates or some shit.

- Mad - 08-19-2004

Kid Afrika Wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote:some entity had to create something from nothing.
and what/who created that entity?

I know two things...

I'll probably never know if there is a god.

No god would support organized religion. NONE.
Werd.

- GonzoStyle - 08-19-2004

QuickStop Wrote:that dudes a pimp with all those fine ass virgin bitches runnin around all over his afterlife. shit, all the christian god has is pearly gates or some shit.
for sure, that christianity is a pretty fuckin gay religion you gotta admit.

Theres no fun, its all soft music and angels and gay shit... ofcourse unless you go to a black church.

Now the black churches, they knows how to par-tay!