CDIH
Tonight's the night!!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Tonight's the night!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- GonzoStyle - 09-30-2004

The Bush Vs. Kerry debate, I am so looking forward to this like I did for Hopkins Vs. Delahoya.

I'm even gonna keep score for the debate using the 10 point must system.

- Ronin - 09-30-2004

ok, ok.. i will ask..

What's the 10 point system??

Edited By Ronin on 1096561415

- Jack - 09-30-2004

:26:

How the hell did you fuck up a quote?

- Mad - 09-30-2004

Some people are just so special.

- Ronin - 09-30-2004

i was going to quote him.. then when i was on the next screen replying to the post, i didn't feel like using his quote. so i deleted the text out of the quote edit box.. and that appears..

sounds like someone isn't checking if the quote edit box is empty or not before creating the webpage.. tsk, tsk, tsk.. bad coding monkey, bad!

- Keyser Soze - 09-30-2004

the rules suck.

no addressing each other directly. no reaction shots while the other is speaking. the questions were given to them beforehand.

kerry would have creamed him, which i think he still will, if bush would have had to debate him without the questions beforehand and with kerry able to address him directly.

- GonzoStyle - 09-30-2004

Ronin Wrote:ok, ok.. i will ask..

What's the 10 point system??
In this system, the winner of a round receives ten points, and the loser nine or less. Even rounds are scored ten points for each fighter, but judges try to avoid even rounds, and most of them will make a decision and choose a winner and loser in rounds. All world title fights are scored using this system, and most states use this system.

Points are also deducted for knockdowns & fouls, so if a fighter knocks down his opponent, the round is scored 10-8, knocks him down twice 10-7.

Though rare there are 10-8 rounds without a knockdown, it occurs when a fighter completely dominates his opponent basically from bell to bell.

- The Jays - 10-01-2004

I don't need to watch. Cameron Diaz convinced me that I should support the candidate that supports rape.

Quote:Ms. DIAZ: We have a voice now, and we're not using it, and women have so much to lose. I mean, we could lose the right to our bodies. We could lo--if you think that rape should be legal, then don't vote. But if you think that you have a right to your body, and you have a right to say what happens to you and fight off that danger of losing that, then you should vote, and those are the...

- Arpikarhu - 10-01-2004

it was a kerry salm dunk. bush was on the defensive all night. bush kept having long pauses and glances at his notes while kerry spoke and decisively. also, kerry's answers had much more substance then bush who relied on repeating the same platitudes over and over.

kerry crushed him.

- diceisgod - 10-01-2004

nah

- The Sleeper - 10-01-2004

so arpi, did kerry's comments on north korea and iraq make your mind up about him

- Arpikarhu - 10-01-2004

puh-lease, bush lost his cool twice and never gave a substantitive answer. kerry looked and acted infinitely more presidential than bush. kerry gave numbers and answers, bush repeated the phrase, "mixed message" for an hour and a half.

- diceisgod - 10-01-2004

Bush is one of the most entertaining president ever. Kerry is Jimmy Carter II

- GonzoStyle - 10-01-2004

I had it 175-168

12-5-1 for kerry

- The Jays - 10-01-2004

How did you score the round in which they had to jerk one another off with compliments?

I skipped those and I had one round even which was a back and forth jerkoff.

I bet Bush is yelling at God backstage for not giving him the answers.

- The Sleeper - 10-01-2004

I hope you deducted one point everytime bush said "mixed messages" and everytime Kerry mentioned Vietnam

- The Jays - 10-01-2004

I want more out of these debates. I want like a talent portion and a skills competition.

The Sleeper Wrote:I hope you deducted one point everytime bush said "mixed messages" and everytime Kerry mentioned Vietnam
I did and everytime bush said "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time, what kinda message does that send?"

and I deducted one point when Bush mispoke and said "we're still looking for saddam... err uuhh .... :pause: Osama!!!!"

he cant even fuckin remember his name anymore.

I did thoroughly enjoy the part at the end when Bush said "I KNOW OSAMA ATTACKED THE US!!!" Like a 12 year old rebelling against a teacher, I fuckin know dammit!!!

- The Jays - 10-01-2004

There was one point where he was just like, "I KNOW HOW THE WORLD WORKS!"